Chapter 9

My head leans against the window as I watch the cars zoom past my mother's car. It is like my mother's car isn't even moving as the cars speed by.

Imprisoned by my thoughts as I turn to look at my mother. Her mouth moves in one continuous movement, I can see it move but the words she is saying sound distant.

I know that cop from somewhere, and he definitely knows me.

The guy looked like he had seen a ghost or something. Thinking of ghosts, shouldn't I be dead, that must've have been the main reason they threw me out.

He must be working for the Controller, one of his goons. He must've dispersed his men in different locations, it could be possible. It would explain why the cop looked like he had seen a ghost.

If that is so, the Controller must know everything about me already. The cop already knows that I am alive and well. It could be something totally different, I should stop pointing everything that happens to me at the Controller. Just because all of this happened, doesn't mean he has to be the centre of attention in my life.

I am about to go back to living a normal school life. Well it's going to be normal in its own abnormal way. I can't change what has happened to me, so I must just accept it and move on with my life.

Whatever happens I should keep in mind that I is still human, nanobots and all, I am still a boy. I am no better than anyone on this Earth, I should remember that I am the good guy.

I am no super hero, I'm just going to help out people where and when I can. I believe that I survived for a reason.

I wonder how getting back to school will be, I would be happy if no-one asks me what happened. I hate telling the story, because I might make a mistake and say things I shouldn't. I don't want to use my powers at school, I can't risk anyone finding out.

"Care for a snack?" My mother offers.

"I'll just make one when I get home."

"Ok, well when are you planning on going back to school?"

"Tomorrow would be a good enough day for me," reply, not paying any attention to the questions she is asking.

"Ok then, tomorrow it is. You have got a lot of catching up to do at school. Don't let what has happened to you bring you down. I believe that you were let go for a reason. Maybe what they wanted to do with you didn't work for a reason. I don't know but it's what I believe." Mara consoles, with her hand on my shoulder.

Well that's a coincidence, it was exactly what I was thinking. What are the chances that I would get kidnapped, get these abilities and still be free to do whatever I want, without being controlled by The Controller. There is a reason behind all of this, something I may not know just yet.

Well I am finally home and I don't have any idea on how to spend the rest of the day. Besides meeting Sarah, I have got nothing else to do. Today might turn to be boring if I'll have to just sit and wait until it's time to meet up with Sarah.

I could always perfect using my abilities, I could practise using them better and better. This way I'll be even more prepared for the Controller's next attack.

Practicing does sound perfect, but there are too many people around for me not to be seen. I am going to need a place to practice, a place I am sure that no-one will be around when I practise.

I spend some time thinking, and then I finally come to a conclusion that I should practice at father's old farm.

My father had a farm in the far East, she used it to run away from the world. There, we were the only people for miles. The was no proper road, so not many cars came around. In fact, no car ever came to that place, this could just be perfect.