Chapter 17

A metallic staff extends out of the hooded guy's hand, one side going up another going down. The staff is half the height of the man, he spins it around then throws it at me.

It pins me on the wall by my hoodie's shoulder. I try pulling the staff out of my hoodie, but I can't. My heart starts pounding, fear creeps up all over me.

This guy is here for me, they all planned this. The moment Tigris saw me, she spoke to him. She was probably telling him that the target has arrived.

The hooded man walks over to the man with the E on his chest, he takes out what looks like a detonator with two buttons.

One button red and one green, he places his thumb on the green button and then removes his finger. The moment he removes his finger, the force field the man had opened closes.

The man tries opening it again, but nothing happens. He tries shooting out energy but nothing happens. "What have you done to my power?" He asks as he gets a kick straight to the jaw, knocking him out.

The Boulder punches the smaller beast, he grabs him and throws him to the ground. He lifts him up again, the moment the remote is clicked. The beast falls on top of the Boulder.

The beast gets up, so does the Boulder. The Boulder throws a fist at the smaller beast, his punch lands on the beast's torso. The beast just looks at the Boulder, the Boulder punches again and again. All his punches not doing any harm to the man.

I start phasing, trying to get the staff out of my hoodie. To my surprise nothing happens, I start to take off my hoodie, this is my last hoodie and next time I won't have anything to cover my face with.

I struggle with the hoodie, trying to get my arm out. I finally take it off leaving it hanging on the wall. The hooded figure comes closer to me with a collar in hand. I take two steps back for every step forward the guy takes.

I cannot get control of my nanobots, I try shooting energy at the guy but it just flickers and disappears before escaping the palm of my hand. I keep going invisible and appearing again, I know that the device the man was carrying did something to my nanobots.

I can no longer feel the nanobots coursing through my veins, I feel like they have been deactivated. Powerless and weak, I need a plan. I turn around and start running away from the guy.

"It's useless to resist, you're just delaying the inevitable. Tigris, be a darling and fetch him for me," he says.

Tigris's claws scratch across the floor as she runs like a real live tiger. Her hands also helping as she runs closer to me.

The man with an E and the one who keeps turning into gases try to fight hand to hand combat with the hooded man. He keeps dodging and blocking all their attacks with ease, he dances around them and watches as they pant. They attack again and he dodges, again and again and again.

He uses the tip of his staff to to touch the man who can turn into gases. Jolts of electricity run through the man's body. The hooded man uses his other hand to block attacks from the man with the E on his chest.

When satisfied he removes the staff from the man, his knees bend to touch the floor and then he falls to the side. He turns to grab the other by the neck, and he lifts him up. The man tries removing the hand around his neck whilst gasping for air.

His feet keep kicking whilst he tries to set himself free of the grip on his neck. The man's kicks start growing slower and slower, and he stops trying to remove the guy's hand.

"No, don't do it!" The beast shouts to the man. He turns to look at the beast and he opens his hand releasing the man. The hooded figure bends down to put a collar around both their necks as they lay unconscious on the ground. The collar emits a green light that starts flickering on and off as soon as it around the neck of both the men.