Chapter 12

I haul myself up and come to a conclusion, that I am going to see my 3 friends to check if they have been receiving any notes lately. I'm afraid that I'm the only one receiving these notes, making me the main target.

I teleport to the building to find nothing. I look around the dusty place but I don't see them anywhere.

"Andrew, Danny, Anna is anyone here."

No-one answers and all I see is left over pizza on the couch. This worries me, mostly because it could be the Controller that took them. Where else could they be, I check all the rooms but I don't find anyone.

What if they were working for the Controller, what if this was all just a trap to catch me. He knows I'm alive, Anna, Andrew and Danny know what I can do. Why was I so stupid, these are my thoughts as I pace around the room. I sit down on the couch, with my hand on my head.

Just as I am about to teleport home I remember that they train at the roof of the building so they could be there. I teleport up there to find Anna and Danny sparring, with Andrew watching from the side.

I let out a sigh of relief, for a moment there I was scared. Not that I'm not scared now, but I was a lot more scared. So the Controller knows I'm alive, he doesn't know what I'm capable of, I don't know what I'm capable of.

I don't really know how Anna fights, she can only open portals. So I'm kind of doubting how that can be useful in a fight, but I have a feeling that I'm about to find out.

Danny shrinks to be so small that I can't see him without zooming in. Anna starts stomping around in attempts to step on him.

"Stop being a coward and show yourself," she says her turtle eyes swarming with frustrating.

A fist appears from the ground and hits Anna in the face. She takes a few steps backwards whilst panting. Anna can taste the salty taste of her sweat mixed with blood. Anna rubs a throbbing area that had been hit earlier.

Why doesn't she just heal it. Anna focuses her gaze, though to her, everything looks like it's melting and fading away. I can tell that they are drained, so this has been going on for a while.

Danny goes back to normal, and hits Anna with another fist. Anna takes a couple of steps backwards, and opens 3 small portals infront of her. They are not big enough for her whole body but she has done this on purpose.

She punches into one of the portals, a portal opens right infront of Danny and Anna's fist appears and hits Danny in the jaw. As Danny's face turns from the fist that hit his jaw, another small portal opens infront of him as he turns back to look at Anna.

A fist appears from the portal hitting him again on the jaw, he takes a few steps back and while he wipes the blood from his mouth. The small portals infront of Danny close, and many big portals open infront of him, the portals make a circle around Danny. So many that he can't even count. They start to join each other and become a barrier closing him in.

"Not this again," Danny says.

He runs into the barrier and he exits through the opposite side, but they are all leading him back to where he was. He runs into them but they all bring him back to the middle. He puts his hand on his knees whilst panting, I can tell he is tired and can't take this anymore.

"My turn," Anna says.

She opens one portal infront of her and smiles. She runs into the portal and she appears in the barrier of portals around Danny.

Anna runs into the barrier portal that she has been created.

They'll lead you back here, it's no use. I think as I watch the fight commence.