4

Edited

"So Y/n... You're going to start school in two days. Jin here is 25 years old and in his last year of university. Yoongi is 23 and in his third year of university. They are going to stay with us for the weekend and will be off to their apartment by Sunday." Nancy explained.

" Hoseok is 22 and is currently taking a year off. Joon and Jimin are 19 and are fraternal twins. They are both in their senior year of high school. Taehyung and Kookie are 18, again fraternal twins, and are in their junior year. And you will be continuing your sophomore year with them." After making me familiar with everything, we started our dinner. Everyone is quiet except Nancy and Dad. After dinner, I helped Nancy and Mrs. Choi with the dishes.

I climbed up the stairs. I'm planning to put all of my things in their respective places. Walking past one of the boys rooms, I heard the boys talking as the door was left slightly open. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but when I heard my name, I couldn't help myself. I stood close to the door to hear clearly.

"I swear I'm going to kill her. I already can't tolerate her presence." I heard one of them exclaim angrily. I think it was Yoongi, or perhaps Namjoon? Not sure.

"You two will be off to your apartment. It will be us who have to endure her. Even on campus. But no worries; we are going to have fun with her. Right Taehyung?" I instantly recognized Jungkook's voice and held amusement in it. And I shudder to think of him and Taehyung looking at me during dinner.

"What I don't understand is how could Dad do that with Mom? And what's more surprising is her reaction to all of this."

"I know right. She's acting as if she's her own fucking daughter. He fu*king cheated on her!"

"Maybe she's just happy to have a daughter now." I recognized Jimin's voice, but it had a sadness to it as he said that. Why? I pushed the door slightly, wanting to peek inside.

Jungkook was sitting on the study table, which was placed right next to the open window, letting the cool air of the night pass through the room. Jin was standing next to it quietly, looking outside. Hoseak, Taehyung, and Jimin were laying on the king-sized bed. where Yoongi was sitting on a beanbag. And Namjoon was leaning against the wall, shirtless, with a ball in his hand.

"All of this is confusing me seriously. Why the fuck is she even here in the first place? Wasn't she living with her mother? Then why is she here?"

"Maybe her mother hates her as well; that's why she sent her away." Namjoon said, and all of them chuckled, high-fiving one another. I felt tears stink in my eyes. How could they say that? My mother loves me. She always did. How could they stand so low to say such a thing?

I went to my room. Closed the door and slid down. Placing my head on my knees, I cried till I felt a headache start. "I hate them too." I mumbled halfheartedly, covering myself with the duvet. How naive of me to think I would be loved here!

.........

It was Sunday, and two days have passed since I got here. And thankfully, nothing has happened. I stayed in my room. While the boys stayed among themselves. I would come out only for breakfast and dinner. Mrs. Choi would bring my lunch to my room. But today I felt bored after staying in the bedroom. So I decided to go and maybe explore the backyard with the swimming pool. Which I would see from the window of my room. I haven't seen any of the boys today; none of them were present during breakfast.

Without asking, Nancy told me that they went to a party last night and came late. So they are all sleeping. I walked out into the backyard. The weather was slightly warm today. There was a swimming pool and some chairs in the yard. The yard was beautiful. Different flowers and trees were decorating the place, and there was a dog sitting a few steps away from me.