11

I lay on my bed, my mind taking me back to days when I was happy. With mom and dad.

Flashback:

"Mom! Dad!" The small running steps echoed in the house. The couple sitting on the cozy sofas, playing movies on the TV, turned around upon hearing their daughter's steps.

At barely 4'7 inches, the little girl grasped a pamphlet in her baby hands. Jumping up and down. "Look! Look! There's going to be a festival in the town next week!" She passed the pamphlet to her parents.

The town was celebrating its 25th anniversary. "Can we go? Please?" Her parents exchanged glances.

Dad: "I think I can take a day off that day."

"Really?! That means we can go. Right?" The parents smiled at their daughter's happiness. "Yes, Y/N, we will go to the festival."

Present:

I wiped the leaky tears. And opened the side drawer of the side table. Taking out the two pictures I took from the basement

I stared at the pictures in my hands. The fact that I'm still alive means they mustn't have realized that the photos are missing yet. But I'm sure when they notice, hell is going to break loose on me if I don't put it back. But I just didn't want to.

I have so many questions. And I tried to put the puzzel pieces together. But I just couldn't get it right. Jungkook's words echoed in my head.

Jungkook: "Don't you ever dare talk about her ever again! or I swear I'll rip that tongue out by myself." I shudder at the memory. I don't know anything about the baby from the first picture from the hospital.

But this 2-year-old girl in the picture—is it just a coincidence that she looks like me and has the same necklace around her neck?

Still with the picture in my hand, I stood up and went to my dining table. Opening one drawer, I took the necklace out and closed the drawer.

Sitting down, I look at it. remembering the last moment with Mom.

Y/n: "I miss you, mom. I truly miss you. I want your advice. I'm in so much pain. I'm so confused. You always helped me in every situation; please help me this time as well." Caressing the half-heart on the necklace, my mind took me to the best moments of my life.

Laying down, I took the happiness from my memories. Tears were leaking from the corner of my eyes.

....

It was lunch time, and Hyun-tae was bothering me continuously to become friends with him. And with me ignoring him.

I wanted to visit my home and look for my childhood pictures. I wanted to confirm if that girl looked like me or if there was a difference. It's been years since I last saw my childhood pictures, so I don't have a clear image of what I looked like.

But the problem was that it was a two-hour drive from here. And whom i'm gonna go with?

Going alone is an option, but I don't think it will be good. I don't think I'll be able to handle all the memories and pain on my own. I was still praying for Mom.

I could have asked Dad, but he's away for two months. And I'm way too curious to wait for two whole months. And asking the boys was out of the question.

Lost in my thoughts, I got startled when Hyun-tae shouted my name a little loudly.

Y/n: "What?" I didn't mean it to come out as aggressive, but he ignored it.

Hyun-tae: "What is bothering you?" His head tilted to one side a little. Judging my reaction. I hesitated. Can I ask him? But what if he tells the boys? Or Hyun-woo?
But he's not like that. at least from what I have seen. I was so conflicted that I just blurted it out before I could change my mind.