19

I last saw Jin when he accompanied me to the hospital for stitches. I thought he was busy with his university stuff, but later that night after dinner, I got to know the real reason behind his absence.

I was sitting at my usual place. Jungkook, Taehyung, and Yoongi kept looking at me and laughing quitely.

For a short time, I was uncomfortable, but later, me and Namjoon started talking. Mostly him, telling their childhood stories. Sometimes I would fail to stop myself from laughing aloud, and sometimes both of us would look at the person whose embarrassing story Namjoon was telling about and snicker.

We were almost finished when Jin questioned me.
Jin: "Y/n? Do you need anything from your previous house?"

I looked at him, curious about why he would ask that. Perhaps he knew about my visit to my old home with Hyun-tae, but that was impossible. Only me and Hyun-tae knew about that.

Y/n: "No.. not now at least." Why are you asking?"
He put his utensils down but avoided looking at me.

Jin: "We will go there tomorrow, and you can take the things you need."
Y/n: "Why?"

Jin: "Dad is selling that house."
The knife and spoon in my hand drop to the floor, making a sound.
Y/n: "I'm sorry, what?"

Jin: "Dad wants to sell that house."
Y/n: "And who gave him permission?"
Jin: "He doesn't need your permission, Y/N. He's your father. Your guardian. He can make decisions on your behalf until you have become an adult."

Y/n: "No, he doesn't have any right to make decisions on my behalf! That's my home you're talking about. I was born and raised there! You can't take that from me. I have all rights to that house."
Jin: "Then you should talk with Dad about it. I tried to, but he didn't listen. You can try if you want to. But it's useless, Y/N."

Y/n: "Call him." I won't let dad do this to me. How could he even think about doing this without asking me? I'll never allow him to sell it. Never!

Jin gave me his cell phone, and taking it, I walked to my room.
Dad: "Hello! Jin, what's the matter?"

Y/n: "It's Y/n."
Dad: "...." The line went silent, so I decided to talk.
Y/n: "Jin told me you want to sell my house? Can I ask who gave you permission to do that? I don't remember you ever asking me about this."

Dad: "Do I need to ask my daughter about what I should do now? You're a minor, and you don't need to concern yourself with adult things. Focus on your studies."
Y/n: "That's my home you're talking about!"

Dad: "That is not your house. It's my house. I paid for it. I left it for you and your mother to live in Y/N. So go with Jin tomorrow and pick the things you need." His tone was aggressive at the end.
Y/n: "You can't do this to me, dad!" He sighed as if he were dealing with a child.

Dad: "Y/n, the market price of that place has increased three times; it's the most it has increased in the last seven years. It's the best time to sell it." He tried to talk to me nicely, but I could still hear the edge in his voice.
Y/n: "Dad! I was born and raised in that house! All of Mom's memories are there, dad. How could you think of selling it?" I could no longer hold myself, and I collapsed on the floor.

Dad: "You can make new memories in this house as well. Now that I'm busy, I'll talk to you later. Bye."
And he cut the call.
Y/n: "Dad!"

I clenched my hands, and tears flowed down my face.
I walked down the stairs, entering the dining room. And gave Jin his phone.
Jin: "Y/n..." I walked out of there, feeling numb. The tears were flowing, but my childhood memories flashed through my mind. One after the other. And I walked out of the house.