9

It's been a while since I've been awake. But I stayed put in bed. My head was hurting really bad when I woke up. Must be the consequences of the fall, I concluded.

My eyes were trained on the ceiling of my room. It was dark in here. And I don't like it. But I didn't have the energy to get up and turn the light on.

But more than that, I didn't want to face anyone. Especially the guys.

When dad told me about having seven stepbrothers, I was scared for a little while. But I gave myself hope that it would be nice to have siblings. But I guess that was my mistake. I shouldn't have hoped.

Because now everything they are doing is just hurting.

Y/n: "What have I done to deserve such cruel faith?" Questioning no one in particular. I asked.

Rubbing my eyes, I got up since I started feeling thirsty. Grabbing my phone, I turned it on. Its bright light made me close my eyes. I checked the time; it was 8 p.m.My stomach grumbled.

Y/n: "Right. I need to feed you first.eed you first." I haven't eaten anything since breakfast. And had no energy whatsoever. I made my way to the kitchen.
....

I heard the boys talking over the TV sound. I guess they are happy. I didn't disturb them with my presence and made my way to the kitchen.

Mrs.Choi has gone home by now. There was some leftover mac and cheese, so I pulled it out and put it in the oven to heat it.

Tapping my fingers on the counter and humming a tune to myself. I waited for my food to heat up.

After it was done, I sat down in the dining room. Turning a single light on, I played a video on YouTube and began eating.

Halfway through, my stomach was filled. So I just sat there with my elbows on the table and my face in my hands. Fully concentrated on the video.

One after another, the next thing I know, it's already 10 p.m.

Groaning I stood up. Taking my dishes in my hand, I turned around to come face-to-face with Namjoon. Flinching, I took a step back.

He was looking at me. Like really looking at me. Feeling weird standing there. I moved to walk past him, but his hand went up to my arm.

Holding it. Not strong enough to hurt, but still enough to hold me in place.

Encouraging myself, I looked up at him square in the eyes. Even though he scared me, I still managed. And I think I deserved a pat on the shoulder for it.

Y/n: "Hmm...can I help you?"

Namjoon: "As if I will take your help." He scoffed.

Instantly, I felt annoyed. What is it with him being so rude?

Y/n: "Than take your hand off!" I lost my cool. What do they all think of themselves?

His whole demeanor changed with my tone. And his grip on my arm tightened.

I tried to wiggle, but it was fruitless.

Namjoon: "Don't you dare use such a tone on me. Understand!" He jerked me backward.

Y/n: "Or else what, huh? What will you do? No, screw that. What can you even do? Raise your hand for me? Punch me? I dare you to try it."

I don't know what's wrong with me. Where is this confidence coming from? Alarming bells ring in my brain, telling me to back away before he hurts me. And by the way he was looking at me in anger, I had no doubt that he would do it.

He took a step forward, and even though I wanted to move back, I didn't.

His hand grabbed my chin. His nails were digging into my jaw, making me hiss.