7

Edited

Jungkook was driving the car, and Taehyung sat beside him in the passenger seat, busy on his phone, texting someone.

Sitting at the back, I looked out the window. A single drop of rain fell on the tip of my nose as I had my window rolled down. My eyes shut on their own from the sudden coldness of the droplet of water.

Drizzling started, and within a second, my face adorned a smile. I love rain. Even though it holds bittersweet memories, I still love it without any doubt.

Unlike other things in which I've no interest left, like ice skating and singing, I used to adore these two things. But one day I just realized it no longer gave me the same happiness it once did.

But rain, these droplets of water—I don't even know why, but they still hold my interest. The way they come down on the surface of the earth in the shape of tear droplets, as if the sky wants to share its sadness, To the way it combines in rivers, lakes, and the ocean. Showing that no matter what happens, they will come back together. No matter the route they take, one day they will be united again.

And the cool breeze that follows after the rain just makes it such a mesmerizing moment.

We reached the house. And without wasting a minute, I sprinted towards the back door. I heard the other car pulling up behind me, but without giving it a glance, I ran towards the backyard. On my way, I met Mrs.Choi and hurriedly gave her my backpack.

"Please put it in my room. Thanks!" Before she could say anything, I slid the glass door to the backyard open. All the while, my face was adoring a smile. Stepping into the yard, I shivered from the cool breeze.

My white top and shorts slowly started to get wet. Facing the sky, I let the droplets touch my face, then slide down to my neck. Almost instantly, the rain intensified, lightning sparkled, and the sound of thunder reached my ear, yet there was no sign of fear. Only calm.

Hearing a barking sound, I turned towards the glass door and saw Murphy running towards me. It is a Samoyed dog with white, fluffy fur. Mrs.Choi told me that Yoongi loves dogs, and he bought one from a pet shop.

It jumped on me, making me land on the ground. I laughed and played with it. I was unaware of five pairs of eyes that were looking at me.

Happy I closed my eyes and just laid on the cold, grassy ground and let the rain fall on me. All the time, Murphy sat beside me, laying its head on my stomach.

......

Hoseok POV:

It was time for the others to come, and as discussed, we were going to have a little talk with Y/N. But as I descended the stairs, I saw her running towards the backyard, smiling. It was the first time I'd seen her smile since she came here.

I frowned when it felt as if I had seen that smile before. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I saw the others coming in looking confused.

"Why was she running?" I questioned her, wanting to know what made her so excited.

"No idea, brother. She just sprinted just as we pulled the car into the driveway." Jimin replied, shrugging his shoulders, and the five of us followed that little girl to the backyard. But what shocked us was the fact that she was standing in the rain, laughing and playing with Murphy.

Her laugh was so beautiful, it lit up her whole face. She didn't look like the always-scared and quiet girl we have come to know. And then she laid there on the ground as if it were completely normal.

"Doesn't she remind you guys of someone?" Namjoon questioned. All of us were gazing at the smiling girl in front of us.

"I thought I was the only one." An unknown smile adorned Taehyung's face, and I don't think he was even aware of it.

"Don't forget who she is and what she has done to our family. She took our father from us for eleven years. And now that dad is finally back, she has come barging into our lives. Trying to take place of our sisters." Jungkook growled, looking at the girl with resentment in his eyes.

And it was like a switch went off. And all of us were now glaring at her.

"She needs to be taught a lesson, don't you think?" Jimin had a mischievous glint in his eyes.

With that being said, all of them walked away to their rooms. But Namjoon stood there, looking at her. Something wasn't right. And he could feel that in every fiber of his body. They were missing something. There's more to this puzzle. A piece or two are missing.

And he felt as if he had those pieces but just didn't know where to put them correctly.

"Maybe I'm just overthinking again." He mumbled, trying to assure himself.