{ 18 }

"I cannot believe you left me with them

"I cannot believe you left me with them." Taehyun said with a certain distaste.

"Technically, that isn't our fault." Soobin said nonchalantly, picking at his vanilla ice cream.

The five friends sat in a booth at Blue orangeade. On a beautiful sunny day Beomgyu should've felt happy, and yet he felt worried. Even the atmosphere of the ice cream shop reminded him of her.

Beomgyu shoved the lasts of strawberry his ice cream into his mouth before getting up and discarding the paper bowl.

"What's on your mind?" Yeonjun asked, eyeing the younger boy. Beomgyu, who was too busy staring off into nothing, didn't hear the question.

"Beomgyu?" Kai tapped his arm, Beomgyu coming back to reality. "Beomgyu you there?" the youngest asked.

Said boy nodded slowly, but everyone at the table knew that something was bugging him. "C'mon talk to me," Yeonjun said. "I've never seen you so sad eating ice cream."

"I'm not sad," Beomgyu started off. "Just worried." he said, shrugging it off.

"Yea, worried about Athena." Taehyun retorted. "Be honest with us. Do you like her?" Taehyun always seemed to be more straightforward, but it is what it is.

Beomgyu was taken back. Does he like her? He told himself he liked Minseo. So why on earth would Taehyun ask if he liked Athena? What an absurd question. She's just a friend.

"Well,"

"You totally do!" Kai gasped, his spoon of ice cream flying into the air.

"Of course he does. If he didn't, he wouldn't be as worried." Taehyun moved the contents of what was in his paper bowl with his spoon.

"Hey! I can be worried about someone and it still being platonic." Beomgyu's bottom lip protruded slightly.

Taehyun hummed unconvinced. "If you like Athena, the why don't you tell her? Or ask her to the dance that's coming up." Soobin suggested.

"Why would I do that? I swear she's just a friend." Beomgyu denied, rolling his eyes.

"Then you wouldn't mind if I asked her to the dance?" Yeonjun asked, his lips curved into a mischievous smile. Beomgyu knew exactly what he was doing.

"Yes. Why would I care?" Beomgyu said even though the thought of it irked him.

"Their just messing with you." Soobin said, pushing away his empty bowl. "You should just take her to the dance." the taller boy looked at Beomgyu. "Platonically." he added.

"Or not." Kai winked.

"Kai, please."

{ }

Beomgyu knocked on the door ever so gently. "Come in." he heard her say. Once getting the okay, he walked into the hospital room.

"Beomgyu?" Athena peered at the boy, questioning as to why he was here. She was sat up on the hospital bed, tubes being attached to her and then machines. "What are you doing here?"

"I brought ice cream." he said, disregarding her entire question. Athena laughed a bit and urged him to take a seat. Beomgyu sat on a stool near the bed and handed her the tub of ice cream.

"No seriously, what are you doing here?" she asked once again, popping the tub of ice cream open. She probably shouldn't be eating it, but she didn't care.

"I can't check up on my art partner?"

Athena took a plastic spoon and dove it into the ice cream. "You can, it's just that..." she trailed off. "Is there another reason?"

"Well," Beomgyu rubbed the sweat off his palms and onto his jeans. "I wanted to ask you something."

"Okay then, what is it?" Athena turned to fully look at him. And for the first time he seemed nervous. Not like, before-a-basketball-game-nervous, just nervous.

"Would you accompany me to the upcoming dance as my partner?" Beomgyu said. He scolded himself, why was he talking so oddly formal?

Athena laughed, setting down the ice cream in her lap.

"I would love too."

a/n: YALL THE BOOK IS BOUTA END