{ 17 }

The house shook as people danced to a song Athena didn't recognize

The house shook as people danced to a song Athena didn't recognize. There was also a drunk girl dancing on top of the kitchen island causing Athena to laugh a little.

As soon as they entered the house, Beomgyu and Athena got separated, but luckily she found Soobin- or Soobin found her. The two sat in a corner and made small talk.

Soobin sighed and stood up. "I'm gonna get a drink, want anything?" he asked and Athena shook her head. "You want a lemonade? Okay, I'll be back!" and with that Soobin disappeared into the crowd.

Athena sighed roughly, she watched from afar as Beomgyu talked to Minseo. Suddenly she felt sick to her stomach. The familiar feeling of rose petals and blood climbed her throat in the most uncomfortable way. It scratched the inside of her mouth and the coughing began.

She covered her mouth with her hand, small splatters of blood shooting onto her palm. The loud music pounded against her ear and a migraine hit her like a brick.

The teen fell to the floor, onto her knees, gaining attention from others. People near her, backed away and ended up creating a bubble around her as if she had the plague.

More blue roses and blood tidied the wooden floors the more she coughed. It was horrendous. Athena practically coughed up a murder scene.

Soobin pushed through the crowd to see his new friend on her knees for air. She looked faint and the color from her cheeks drained.

Is it possible to bleed out from hanahaki?

He wasn't sure. All he knew was that he needed to help her.

Soobin was at her side, helping her up. She was barely strong enough to stand on her own, let alone walk.

"Athena help me out here," he mumbled, balancing himself and the latter on his own two feet. Weakly, Soobin waved people out of the way so that they could make it out of the house.

It was when he caught Beomgyu's eye, when Soobin called for help. Said boy wasn't at all hesitant to be at the other side of Athena. Beomgyu took Athena's arm and swung it around his neck, to support her.

Minseo gasped at the state of her cousin, wondering if she got drunk, hurt– or both. Either way, Minseo helped Soobin and Beomgyu put Athena messily into the car.

"Is she going to be okay? Did she get drunk?" Minseo asked, clicking in Athena's seatbelt. She then tucked her cousin's her behind her ear, not failing to notice the dried blood that dripped from her lip.

"I think so? Can you bleed out from your mouth?" Soobin was unsure. Minseo shrugged, her eyes trailed over to Beomgyu who seemed awfully quiet.

"I think we should take her to the hospital hust in case. You don't just cough up blood out of nowhere." Minseo sighed, closing the car door.

"We? You're coming with us?" Soobin asked, watching as Minseo sat next to Athena.

"Of course, she's my cousin." she said, pulling her own seatbelt over her. "What about your party?" Soobin said putting the key in and starting the engine.

"This is more important."