{ 13 }

"I was wondering if you're okay

"I was wondering if you're okay..." Beomgyu trailed off awkwardly not to sure on the touchy topic. Athena, not feeling like talking only nodded.

The two stood in awkward silence. Beomgyu's eyes lightly scanned Athena's face for any sign of uncomfortableness, but he couldn't find any emotion really.

Athena on the other hand could feel her heart pound against her ribcage. She was sure he could see her red burning face.

"Well i think we should start working on the project, it's due next week." Beomgyu suggested. He shuffled his feet and got a mumbled 'when' in response.

"Uh, maybe now. I have a big basketball game in a couple days." he sheepishly smiled and rubbed his nape.

Athena's eyes widened. "Now?" she stuttered out. She couldn't do the project now, she could barely focus right on this conversation.

"You good? We don't have to do it now." Beomgyu offered. He wondered if he said anything wrong, he could definitely see her internal panic.

'Play it cool Athena.' she told herself. Athena swallowed her nerves and agreed. She really hoped she wouldn't regret this.

A large smile creeped onto beomgyu's lips. "Good, let's go."

{ }

The faint smell of caffeine infiltrated their noses. Beomgyu pushed open the cafe door, causing the little bell to ring. He let Athena in first and he followed.

The two found a seat next to the window, unoccupied. They sat down on opposite ends and started to pull out their art supplies.

"What place should we pick?" Beomgyu tapped his pencil on the notepad in deep thought.

Athena wasn't listening and looked over his pretty features. The butterflies in her stomach fluttered and her heart sped up. She realized how much he wasn't an ass like other guys at their school.

"Get a good look?" Beomgyu waved his hand in front of her face and Athena's face turned a bright red. She choked out a cough and excused herself.

Once she reached the restroom she scolded herself. "What do you think your doing?" she whispered yelled at herself.

She coughed a little and a little bit more. and more. And then blood. And petals.

"Shit." Athena cursed as she grabbed napkins to cough into.

'Out of all people why me?'