Fresh Start

~Midoriya's POV~

After seeing my mother's lifeless body, I wished I could talk to her one last time, reassure her that I'd get my revenge on that monster I once called 'dad'. My breath coming out is gasps and sobs, tears were streaming down my face as the only thing my mind could focus on was memories of happier times.

"I wasn't there. I could have stopped dad. I am a worthless excuse of a son. I should have died instead. At least my mother would still be alive right now." All these thoughts invaded my mind and would not leave me alone. Finally I was forced out of these thoughts as I bumped into someone still running at top speed. We were both sent flying backwards. I landed heavily on my back and just lay there gasping for breath through my tears. I could not bring myself to look at the person I had bumped into. My bullies and father had both beaten me senseless for less than that and I was sure that I was going to be beaten into a pulp right there. Unknown to me the man I had bumped into had by now stood up and was walking toward me.

"Young sir?" A voice cut though my thoughts and forced me to come back to reality.

~Yagi's POV~

I was walking down the street in my powered up form when a streak starts coming straight towards me. Before I could even think to get out of the way it slammed into me surprisingly knocking me backwards a few steps. I started to open my mouth to scold whoever it was when I saw a young kid laying on the ground trembling and crying. So I softly spoke. Letting him know that I was not a threat and would not hurt him.

The kids reaction was one of fear, he flinched backward and started mumbling the second he saw me. I could not understand what he was saying but from the tone of voice and trembling he was trying to apologize. I took a step toward him and without a word he got to his feet and ran. He was already gone before I could even open my mouth to try and reassure him.

~Midoriya's POV~

The man took a step toward me and before he could even speak to start yelling at me I powered up my super speed quirk and ran. This time I payed attention to where I was going and before long I was deep in a forest. Far enough away from everyone to be considered safe. Thinking on my feet I decided to build a shelter. I knew I would need money to be able to build any kind of shelter because I needed tools. I placed my backpack down on a branch and then walked into town. I chose a small area of town that I hopefully wouldn't run into anyone who either knew me or that I knew. I walked into a small cafe. It was called The Sleepy Kitty Cafe. I walked in and asked one of the baristas if I could speak to the manager. He looked at me a little bit funny but told me to wait here while he went and fetched the manager. He vanished into the back room leaving me to look around the place. I am bombarded with bittersweet memories.

*Flashback*

"Wow mom! I want to live here! It smells so good!" I exclaimed in pure joy as I walked into the door of the cafe. My mom chuckled in amusement and gave me a quick hair ruffle. She got me a hot chocolate and got herself a Carmel Frap. (I am sorry but that is my absolute fave drink. If you have other ideas on drinks or names of stores and or cafes please comment.)

*End Flasback*

I didn't realize that I had zoned out until a voice pierced through my thoughts and wormed it's way into my head.

"Hey kid, are you ok? Are you the one who wanted to talk to the manager?" A kind face was peering into my face anxiously. The voice was from a younger man, probably around 20-25 and he was dressed in a really nice suit, he had light brown hair and sparkling light blue eyes. He looked kind and concerned.

"Huh?" I started from my flashback "O-oh yeah, I am fine." The lie slipped off of my tongue way easier than was probably normal.

"Ok if you say so kid." The kind voice said. "Anyways you said that you wanted to talk to the manager of this cafe?"