Rouges in the North

I throw the last few files in my bag and walk down

I throw the last few files in my bag and walk down. There is still steam coming from the downstairs bath. The clear scent of my mate leads me to the kitchen where a pot of coffee is made. "I made coffee," he says and I nod going to poor myself s cup. He stops me however and pours one for me.

"You know, I could get used to this," I sit at the bar and drink my cup.

"I want to take care of you the best way I can," he starts and I raise my eyebrows at him. "And well, I don't have a house, a job, or a pack; I might as well be a housewolf."

"I can help with those thing," I answer before gesturing to the ceiling. "A house. And if you want a job, I can get you one. As for a pack, eventually you'll join Red Sky."

He walks around and grabs my hand, "I want to provide for you though. Just sitting around here makes me feel bad."

"You are," I answer simply. "The biggest thing I need from you right now is a way to take down Killer Wolf so that the pack is no longer threatened. Your helping provide me with safety."

"I was a warrior in Killer Wolf, do you think I can be again, here?"

I think for a moment. I would have to speak with Holden. First I have to get him into the pack before we discuss position. Obviously, once he's a member Mason will be the Delta (Beta's mate). The Delta typically has a similar position as a Luna, but seeing as he isn't the best at making coffee, providing emotional and social support probably isn't his forte.

"I'll have to discuss it with Holden."

"Alpha Jacobs?"

"Yeah."

Beta, there are rouges on the north boarder.

I'm on my way. I stand and start for the door. "There are rouges on the north boarder, I have to go."

"I can help."

"No," I turn and place my on his chest. "Stay here."

I run down the path and strip before shifting. Holden joins me, his black wolf much larger then my own. Soon other wolves are with us and we disappear into the forest.

We reach the scene in no time. Immediately I jumped a rouge and ripped his throat open. Many others around me were killing the rouges, who piled on the ground. One topped Colton, which I ripped off him and broke his neck.

Thanks, Colton stand and shakes dirt off. Most of the rouges are down. The fur on the back of my next stands up. Behind you!

A wolf is on my back and I struggle to get him off. His claws rip into my rips and I start to feel week. My body contorts and shifts without me wanting to do so. My howl of pain turns to a burning scream. The wolf is torn off me by Colton and Holden and ripped to pieces. Red consumes the tattered body as black consumes my conscience.