Chapter Twelve.

After a few hours of walking around the streets of Helsinki, Blaire decided we should stop somewhere for lunch. I told her about the cafe that Ville had taken me on our second date.

"Do you want to find a table while i order?" I nodded and pointed out to a small caramel tart and asked for a Vanilla Latte.

I made my down to the back and picked out a table in the far corner. Just as i sat down, my mobile started to ring. I dug through my hand bag and pulled it out from the bottom. It was my mother calling.

"Hey mum"

"Hey sweetie, how are you and Ville?"

"We're great, thing's are going well. What's up?" I heard her softly sigh, i think something was wrong.

"Oh. That's good. Um.. there's some good news.. and also some bad news..." The tone in her voice had changed completely now. Something was definitely wrong.

"Well... what's the good news?" I waved over to Blaire to let her know where i was as she brought our food and coffee's over.

"The good news is that the doctors have looked at your results and said that the cancer is decreasing" I could tell that she was sort of smiling when she said this, her voice sounded a tad relieved..

"Well that's wonderful! That means i'm not going to die right?!" Blaire sat down just as i cried that out, her face lit up and she almost dropped our food to the floor.

"Well.. then there is the bad news..."

"Oh?.."

"The cancer has spread... Into you're lungs.." Her voice broke as she said those last few words. " The doctors want you to come home and receive more treatment... They said that you now only have a few weeks..." The surroundings around me instantly became silent. The world around me seemed to have stopped. Ville. Ville was the only thing that ran through my mind. His face, those eyes, that heart. All to be broken. My heart felt like it fell out of my chest. I couldn't feel it at all. I couldn't feel anything.

I felt a hand on my arm, skaking me about. I came back to reality to see that Blaire was kneeling next to me, calling my name. Blaire had my phone in her hands, i must have dropped it.

"Honey, i'm so sorry.." She must have spoken to my mum. She hugged me tightly. I could feel the wet cheeks brush against the side of my face.

"I think it's time i take you back home to Ville..." She sighed, holding my hand and helping me up.

I felt numb. I felt weak.

I thought i had beaten it. I was sure that i was going to be fine, that i was actually going to survive this and live a happy and perfect life with Ville. I was dreamig of marrying him, maybe even having a few kids. These past 5 months were going so well. Why did this have to happen? Why was it me that had to get this. What the fuck did i do to deserve this. I had done everything right, i was a good child, a good person. I always put everyone before myself. Why is it me that has to die...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hugged Blaire goodbye as we stopped at the front door.

"Love you Ev" She softly whispered as she let go.

I turned around and made my way through the front door. My face tensed up, i could feel the tears building up already.

"You're back early sweetheart!" Ville called out from the lounge room, upstairs.

His voice, the way he calls me sweetheart.. I felt weak again, my mind grew dizzy. My body gave way and i collapsed to the floor with a thud. Ville must have heard it and ran to the edge of the floor. He looked down to find me on the floor, curled up into a ball, crying.

"Evanna!" He shouted, running down the stairs as fast as he could without falling. He ran straight down to my side, picking me up and cradling me tightly in his arms.

I looked up at his face, that gorgeous face. The face that i'm soon to never see again.