Final Chapter.

I stared at the clock, watching the arm tick as the hours go by. I couldn’t wait any longer, I needed to see her. I needed to know that she’s okay. That she’s still even alive. My eyes were burning from all the tears. My stomach felt like it was twisting around. My heart ached with a burning sensation. Our last conversation, we argued. Her words still replay in my head, i was going to lose her, but fuck, not now. Not tonight. I can't. I need to tell her that everything will be okay. I just wanted to hold her, kiss her, love her.

"Mr. Valo?" The nurse searched the room. I jumped up and rushed over to her.

"Evanna, how is she? Please, tell me she’s okay. Can I see her? I need to see my Evanna" My voice croaked as I saw her expression change.

"I’m sorry sir… The disease had taken over her body, her heart was failing. We did everything we could, but it was just too late. I’m so sorry…" My heart felt like it had been ripped from my chest. Emptiness rushed through me. I couldn’t feel anything. My legs gave way, causing me to drop to the floor, weeping.

"You can say your goodbyes now, if you wish.." I slid my hands off my face and nodded as I looked up at the nurse.

I followed her to the door and just stood there in the door way. She looked so peaceful. She looked like she was just sleeping. Sleeping forever…

I pushed myself over to her, looking down at her lifeless body. The tears were rolling down my face. I looked down at her as a few tears dropped down on the pillow next to her. Her skin was white, her lips were grey. I sat in the chair beside her and curled my hand around hers that rested on her stomach, her skin was cold. I just sat there, looking at her beautiful face. I couldn’t believe it. Fuck. Why did I have to lose her? Why did she have to die? Why couldn’t we be together? Just why?

She was the girl I had been waiting for. The one to make me feel like this world was worth living. The one to give me a reason to try in my life again. The one who gave me a reason to write music again. I loved her. I loved her more than I ever loved anyone in my life. She was perfect for me and I was perfect for her. She told me that I was her reason to not give up. She told me that she had even thought about ending her life, just so she didn’t have to endure the pain; she told me that I was her reason to keep on living for as long as she could. I made her happy, she made me happy. We just belonged together. Well, at least that’s what we thought.

How am I going to tell her family, what do I tell them? There’s just too much going on. I don’t think I’ll be able to handle this. The pain already is just too much to bear. I need to get out, I need to go and figure out what the fuck I’m meant to do, but I don’t want to leave her, but I have to, I can’t do this. I slowly stand up and let go of her hand. I look down at her face and gently kiss her lips one last time.

"I love you, forever and always…"