8: Lost Now Found

Haggar

"How will we tell Lotor?" My husband looks at me and smiles, and I find myself still astounded by the gesture in the first place. A smile. "All in due time. I can imagine that the kitling is worrying about his friend so I believe it is in order to bring him there." That was a good idea, the kit must be petrified still, so any familiar faces are a welcoming comfort. 

We begin descending back to the Blade of Marmora base. As soon as the hanger doors are open and we are off the ship we are met the leader and his lietenant, along with a young kit prowling on all fours curiously at their feet. The youngling gazes at me before pouncing at my feet playfully, only to be held back by his caretakers. Such a beautiful sight, a young kitling, one with such fire and passion behind expressive eyes.

I place Antor on the floor whilst moving forward, and the larger of the two release their own kit to allow the two to meet gleefully. I stop in front of the leader, Kolivan I believe. Yes. A warrior unlike many I've seen in my lifetime. This was the first we'd be meeting as allies. 

Not enemies

And the others are acknowledging it too, but it is unspoken, hanging in the air. Reminding everyone that the moment something seems off, truce be damned, their battle may return soon enough. 

It was calm and quiet for the most part, idle chat morphing into appreciation of the two kits play fighting together, Keith, the more experienced of the two, easily pinning down Antor while the two giggled. All was well, of course, until there was a distress signal that had everyone surrounding turning instantly. We were told to wait, and we did. Surely it wouldn't have been something too major, perhaps just a field agent returning injured. That was not the case. A few doboshes later, they rushed in with... Lotor. "What is the meaning of this!" What has happened to my cub? "Generals." Voice sharp, eyes stone. "What has happened to my cub, why is he..." My voice wavered. My emotions were too raw from the reunion, the discovery.  "Please say he will live." My son's own lieutenant, Acxa, had only stared at me with wide eyes, glancing down at the two younglings at my feet. She said nothing, turning around and making wild gestures. "We need to operate straight away!" Operate? Why? What was wrong with him! 

I couldn't process the things around me, it was all a blur, my cub injured. My kit, even if he held a hate for me, for his father. One that ran deep to his very quintessence. But he was my kit. That is all I could get out of the situation. "Why isn't anyone telling me anything?" People were rushing around me. It was as if the whole world continued whilst I was stuck. 

It was like I was invisible to everyone. It was too loud. 

My hands fly to my ears. 

A small tug on my gown brought it all to a stop. The work had continued and so did I. I looked down to the two kits, Antor nuzzling my leg and ankle. Stars, my lovely Antor, my youngling. They were both crying, silently, but it was there. They were letting out strangled whines and before I knew it so was I.

I was an omega, after all, and if my cub was hurting, be it emotional or physical pain, then it was a mother's instinct that took over. 

Someone walks to me, hushing, but I can't recognize the face, the scent. This is a stranger, but they're releasing pheromones, calming ones, trying to calm us all down and despite this, I growl loudly. I can't resist the urges. No one will come near my kit, the youngest, most vulnerable. But what of Lotor? They can't touch him. I don't know the capabilities of these Blades. My reaction had nearly everyone in the proximity freezing to see the commotion. 

Oh, it was Antok. He was simply worried about his own kit, entrapped by a stranger to him too. The reaction was mutual then. We were enemies for so long. I released his kit numbly, watching Keith wipe away at tears before jumping into the caretaker's arms.