The Great Unknown

Sofia's Daydream

The daydream starts with King Raul and Queen Lucia, being rushed back to the Avalor Royal Palace in their carriage by two royal guards as a dark green mist is in hot pursuit of them. The sky has taken on a dark appearance, full of storm clouds as they hurry down the footpath to the palace. As they get closer, Elena comes out, wearing the Amulet of Avalor, which is red instead of purple as seen with Sofia, to see them return. At her side is her younger twin sister, Esmeralda.

"¡Mamá!" Elena called.

"¡Papá!" Esmeralda shouted.

Raul and Lucia barely have time to look up at Elena and Esmeralda, before Elena gasps in horror as the mist takes the appearance of Shuriki, and she casts a spell on the twins' parents, the guards, and the horses pulling the carriage.

"Vadisima!" Shuriki chanted.

The carriage seems to vanish from existence as Shuriki's spell strikes it full-force. Elena, horrified at seeing Shuriki cut down her and Esmeralda's parents, flees back into the Royal Palace with Esmeralda, but Shuriki soon cuts them off by flying in through a window in her green mist form and prepares to take out the only witnesses to her murder of the Avalor sovereigns.

"Vadisima!" Shuriki casted, aiming her spell at Elena.

"No!" Esmeralda's voice said as the spell strikes Elena, the Amulet of Avalor glows brightly as it intervenes to save her life.

End of Daydream

Now in Royal Prep, as Sofia wakes up with a startled gasp. Her elder step-brother, Prince James, looks at her with concern.

"You okay, Sof?" James asked.

Sofia rubs at her eyes. "That was weird. It was like I just had a dream, but I was wide awake."

James smiled. "It's called "daydreaming". I do it all the time."

Before Sofia can say much else to her step-brother, Flora flies over the class.

Flora looked at the class. "Children, as I was saying, I hope you all have a wonderful summer. Class is dismissed!"

As the school bell rings, the Royal Kids emerge out the front door to head home for their break. Sofia's elder step-sister, Princess Amber, sees off her friend, classmate, and fellow princess, Princess Hildegard, before rejoining her siblings.

Amber talked to Hildegard. "We'll have tea when I get back, Hildy. Have your steward write my steward."

During this, Sofia notices the Amulet of Avalor glowing blue, indicating she is being summoned to the Secret Library again.

"Oh! I can't wait to see where Daddy is taking us for our summer trip!" Amber said in excitement to her brother and stepsister. "Come along, Sofia!"

Sofia nodded. "Yeah, we'd better get home." She agreed. "And I'd better get to the Secret Library." She told herself.

/ / /

At the Enchancia Royal Castle, King Roland II and Queen Miranda are looking over a large floor map to decide where to take Sofia, Amber, and James on their summer vacation.

"The kids will be here any minute, Miranda. We have to figure out where we're taking them." Roland said.

Miranda pointed to a place on the map. "What about Corinthia?"

Roland shrugged. "I was hoping to go someplace we haven't been before. The kingdom could use another trading partner."

James and Amber enter the room.