Month 12: Something's Coming

It'd been twelve months since Esme's return, and six months since Esme and Mateo's marriage. They loved every minute of married life together.

When spending time together, the couple would spend time in the basement, Mateo trying to teach himself magic with his grandfather's things. Esme would watch, offer encouragement when needed, and sometimes had to convince her husband to take a much needed break.

Over the last six months, they've took it upon themselves to call each other cute little nicknames. Mateo calls Esme mi querida, and Esme calls Mateo mi amor.

Esme felt a weird shiver crawl itself down her spine. Mateo took notice of this, and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"¿Estás bien, querida?" Asked the aspiring wizard.

Esme sighed. "Mateo... I can't exactly explain it, but I have a gut feeling that something's coming. I don't know what it is or when it will happen, but something's going to happen."

Esme had no idea how big that something will be. Nor how much it would affect all of Avalor.

Hang on to your hats, folks, 'cause you ain't seen nothing yet!

/ / /

186 words

I know it's really short, but I promise there will be longer chapters. We're about to start Elena and the Secret of Avalor. I can't wait!