My Time

At the Avaloran palace, Armando was busy putting on a puppet show for Amber and James. Meanwhile, at a table a few feet away, Roland and Miranda were discussing about trade with Shuriki and Esteban over tea.

"And our kingdom has a wide array of enchanted agriculture, and creatures, not to mention our flying horses," Roland said to the queen and chancellor.

"Forget trading with Enchancia," Shuriki told Esteban softly. "We should invade it."

Right after Shuriki said this, a guard appeared with Sofia. "Here you are, princess."

Roland and Miranda turned around to see their youngest daughter approaching them.

"You were out there a while, Sofia." Miranda noted.

Sofia just smiled. "The jaquins sang me a song."

Shuriki's smile became strained. "Yes, they can't seem to stop doing that. Well, Armando is putting on a show for the other little darlings if you want to join them." She said when Sofia approached her.

"Actually, I was hoping to learn one of the Avaloran dances I've heard so much about. The sambarosa," Sofia proclaimed.

"Oh," Shuriki began, "I'm afraid I don't know that dance."

"It's the most famous dance in Avalor," Sofia noted.

Armando had overheard the conversation, and walked up to the table while still having the puppets on his hands. "I can teach it to her."

"No you won't, Armando." Shuriki quickly rejected.

"More tea, Your Grace?" Esteban offered the queen her teacup.

Sofia feigned confusion. "Why not? Is there some kind of law against dancing?"

"Sofia, no one would pass a law against dancing." Roland told his stepdaughter. "That's like passing a law against fun."

"Well, in Avalor, we – " Shuriki was cut off by Esteban.

"We only dance on special occasions, like royal visits. So we will be happy to show you the sambarosa. Right, Your Grace?"

Shuriki knew she'd have to give in with great reluctance. "If we must."

"Let me fetch the guitar," Esteban said with a hint of glee in his voice.

"Great." Sofia stated.

Now, she just had to get close enough to Shuriki and steal her wand without the queen knowing.

Sounds easy... right?

/ / /

In one of the outside corridors, Esteban sat in a chair and played his guitar. Meanwhile, Armando was teaching the Enchancian royals how to dance the sambarosa.

"This is how you dance the sambarosa," Armando said as he grabbed hands with Sofia. "You join hands and stomp your feet like this. Move back and forth, then twirl your partner."

Sofia let out shrieks of giggles, making her family sport happy smiles.

"Come on. Everyone try!" Armando said.

Laughing together, Roland and Miranda danced together. The king twirled his wife around.

James and Amber danced together, with James spinning around and making himself and his twin laugh.

Sofia laughed as Armando twirled her around a second time, landing in front of the less than happy queen. "Queen Shuriki, will you dance with me?"

Shocked that she'd been asked to dance, Shuriki came up with a quick excuse. "Oh, how sweet of you to offer, but I'm having too much fun watching you."