Chp. 5- New Neighbors

Quick note! Not every chapter is going to switch off from Taylor to Ava. Sometimes I switch it up a bit to just let you guys know. I have really big plans for the second book! It's going to be longer and better! Trust me guys, I have a really good feeling about this one. Btw, thank you so much for getting "Let Me In" to over a thousand reads! It means so much, thank you thank thank you. Okay catch you later guys!

______________________________________

*Ava*

As soon as Rebecca and I got home, no car was parked in the front. Maybe these guests had already left? We open the front door and I see the family that were moving from across the street inside my living room. All of their eyes turn to us. How awkward is this. My dad stands up greeting us from the front door. "Rebecca, Ava! Our new neighbors have decided to visit us." He says walking over to us.

"I can see that." Recbecca whispers through her smile as she shakes the adult's hands.

"This is my girlfriend Rebecca and my daughter Ava." My dad says introducing us. "You guys, this is Mr. & Mrs. Carter."

The blonde woman and brown bearded man walk over to us and shakes my hand. "Please, call me Lucy. This is my husband, Chase. We're so sorry to interrupt your guy's evening, but we have recently moved across the street and we usually like to introduce ourselves to our neighbors." She smiles.

I see the two little kids playing with a few toys they must have brought with them. They both look alike and look to be the same age, so I assume their twins. "These are my two youngest, Riley and Ryan." She say pointing to the kids. I always find it cute when parents name their twins smiliar names. I walk over and bend down to the little girl. "Hey, my middle name is Riley." I smile at her. She smiles back, showing me her two front teeth gone. "My middle name is Alexia, but I don't really like it." She snorts. I like this little girl already.

"Oh, and our oldest is coming soon. He just had a little unpacking to do. But he should be here any minute." Mrs. Carter explain. As soon as the words escape her mouth, the doorbell rings.

Rebecca walks over to answer the door and inside comes the blonde shaggy haired boy I saw earlier. My eyes widen as I watch him walk in, looking at his family then stop his gaze on me. His smile grows when he recognizes me as well.

Mrs. Carter walks over besides him. "This is my son, Logan. Logan, this is Mr. Parker and his wife and daughter."

A small smile forms on Rebecca's face. Neither of them bother to remind Mrs. Carter that they aren't married. His eyes don't seem to look away as he stretches a hand toward me. "Hi, I'm Logan." He smiles. I smile back, wrapping my tiny hand around his as I introduce myself. "Ava."

"Mr. Parker told us you were attending West High. So is Logan. I really hope you don't mind, but I was wondering if you could show him around. We don't really know much about this city nor the schools." Mrs. Carter explains.

I nod and feel my cheeks heat up. I look to Logan who already was looking back at me."Just swing by in the morning before 8:30. My dad and I will give you a ride."

"Great." He replies.

We all sit down in the living room. My dad welcomes them to join us for dinner and they happily agree. Rebecca and I walk to the kitchen to prepare dinner. "He's cute." She says stretching out the 'u'. "Who is?" I asked slightly confused. "That Logan boy. I saw the way he was smiling at you." She winks.

I roll my eyes at her remark. "Oh whatever. He was just being nice. Plus, you know I'm restricted off from love. This year, I'm going to focus on my studies and myself. I need to get my head together if I want to attend a school in California." I replied.

She shrugs as she continues to make dinner. After the food is done, Rebecca, my dad, Mr. and Mrs. Carter sit in the dinning room. There wasn't any more chairs for Logan and I to sit, so we eat in the living room while the twins watch a movie.

"So are you nervous? You know, being the new kid and all. I know it seems weird, but even with West High being a big school, everybody seems to know everybody. You don't really want to hang out with the wrong people either. Trust me." I warned.

"No, not really. My dad's work counts on us moving a lot. So I'm pretty cool with being the new kid. But thanks for the advice, Ava." He smirked.

I catch myself noticing his face features. His jawline is flawless, his brown eyes give off a softness I haven't seen, and his plump lips spread thin when he smiles. "Oh, uh, yeah. So, if you want, giving you a ride can become a daily thing now that your parents are working." I blush as he nods appreciative.

Just soon after we exchange phone numbers, his parents walk through the room. "Come on honey, it's getting dark and we still have to finish unpacking." Mrs. Carter says walking to the front door.

We say our goodbyes to each other as they walk themselves out. "Bye, Ava." Logan waves as I smile back.

My outlook for the first day seem to slightlty brighten. I look forward to seeing him again.