Chapter 49: London town

It had been nearly a week since I had arrived in Cadiz, and each day Enrique and I had discussed more of the fountain and the ritual during our meetings.

Each night, dinner was a lavish affair and tonight was no different, with a bounty of meals prepared, each served on silver plates and tiered trays on the ginormous wooden table in the dining room.

King Ferdinand sat at the head of the table naturally, with myself opposite him and his brother on the left.

"You say Blackbeard took your ship?" Enrique asked whilst placing a large chicken leg into his plate.

"Yes, just off the coast of Hispaniola," I said honestly, trying not to see the images flash through my mind again.

"And what were you doing in Hispaniola?" The king said squinting suspiciously, as if he was trying to catch me out.

"There was a mutiny of sorts against my... captain," I said quickly stopping myself from saying husband, "we came under fire from Blackbeard before we docked and the ship was lost."

"And you know he is travelling for the fountain of youth how?"
"He sails to gain further power over the seas. There was a map, a very old and powerful map that was kept aboard the ship, my belief is that Blackbeard attacked to acquire it."

"Mao Kun?" Enrique said in disbelief, clearly having heard it before. I nodded whilst looking up at him.

"Sao Feng holds that map," Enrique said with an assured tone.

"Sao Feng is dead," I said bluntly, but quickly trying to piece together a story that would make them belief I had no part in that. "He died by Lord Cutler Beckett's hand, an attack on the empress."

Both the men seemed to mutter in distaste at the sound of Beckett's name, something I could agree with.

"And you have seen this map yourself?" King Ferdinand waded in.
"Yes your majesty, I have used the map myself in the past and I intend to use it again to sail to the fountain."

"But you said the map was lost!" Ferdinand said, his tone rising as he became more irate.

"The map was not aboard my ship when she was lost, and I have studied the map long enough in the past to remember the exact route to the fountain. I just now need to know how to complete the ritual."

"Señorita Swann, I have to experience this for myself. If I disclose the ritual, I ask that I may join you," Enrique said hopefully.

"You will go nowhere!" King Ferdinand said slamming his fist down into the table, jolting and rattling the expanse of crockery and silver on the solid table.

"Hermano," Enrique said softly, trying to calm his brother.

"No brother, you may tell this siren your little story on the accord she finds out what happened to dear uncle Armando, I have already agreed on that. But neither you or any of our men will step foot off this land! I will not hear of your death at sea and have no body to bury!" The king said in rapid Spanish, though I was able to make out the gist of what he was saying. "We know nothing of this red haired siren and you will not go gallivanting with her! The fountain is a myth and will stay that way!"

The king threw his fist down on the table once more, before storming off out the room.

Enrique's eyes met mine and he flashed an embarrassed smile at me before taking a large swig of his wine.

"Your brother has not come around to the idea then," I said with a smile, taking a sip from my own glass. Enrique huffed out a laugh with a shake of his head.