Chapter 40: The nuptials.

"Will you stop fussing! I'm sure Jack is fine Lily," Elizabeth said as she tied my corset from behind, trying to silence my nervous blabbering. I was looking out the window of the small cottage, trying to catch a glimpse of the ship with black sails that was anchored not too far from shore.

Jack had kept his promise to me and we had sailed onwards to gather Elizabeth for our impending nuptials, arriving at her cottage by the coast within the week, later sailing through to tortuga for the wedding.

I gasped as she pulled the strings of the corset tighter, my hands coming to rest on my ribs.
"Not so bloody tight! You remember what happened to you don't you?"
"Yes, Jack Sparrow saved me, and I'm positively sure he'd do the same for you," she chuckled, still lacing the corset strings. I turned to shoot her a look but she merely grabbed my shoulder and spun me back around.
"Captain," I muttered absently without any thought. Both of us started laughing at hearing my words.

"I'm so happy for you Lily," she said, getting emotional behind me. I turned and looked at her, grabbing hold of her arms.
"And I'm happy for you Lizzie," I smiled with a poignant look at her, raising my eyebrow to show her that I was on to her.
"Oh!" She gasped, "I wasn't going to say anything, it's your day and," she began to waffle on before I stopped her.
"You're with child!" I accused beaming with a smile, hoping I was correct.
"I'm with child," she confirmed, smiling gently as she sucked in her cheeks in nervousness.

Flinging my arms around her, I pulled her into a grand hug as we both let out emotions take over.
"I'm so happy for you both!" I cried, tears welling up in my eyes. She pulled away, smiling widely before forcefully turning me around again and finishing up my corset laces.

"Now, lets get you married."

—-
Jack paced around his, their, cabin with a nervous tension he had never felt. He was excited, nervous and desperate to see Lily, all in one.
Captain Jack Sparrow had never entertained the idea of marriage, not even amongst others, never-mind for himself. He never understood how a man could so willingly bind himself to one woman forever, until she came along.
She'd bewitched him entirely, challenged him and impressed him from the moment he met her that day in Port Royal.
And now here he was, a hopeless groom in a fit of nerves, awaiting his lovely bride.

"Cap'n?" Mr Gibbs' voice rang out from behind the closed door, knocking gently.
"Aye!" Jack shouted, gesturing for the man to come in.
"It's time Jack," Mr Gibbs smiled widely, handing the captain a flask of rum which he eagerly accepted, taking a large swig to calm his nerves.

—-
The guitar player that joined the crew in Tortuga sat on the steps to the top deck and began playing a little Spanish number as Elizabeth walked out first, choosing to stand next to the crew who stood as witnesses to the marriage, all of them anticipating the bride's decent down the makeshift aisle.

Jack turned, his eyes widening upon seeing his bride walking down the aisle. She looked incredible, mind-melting, as she graced towards him. Her dress was so unlike the standard mint coloured dress he'd seen her wear on and off for years. It was white, fitted and flowing behind her with an elegant swoop. Her hair was mostly down and lightly curled with a loose braid around the front, a few little wild flowers tucked into the braid.

His heart pounded as she walked closer to him and he couldn't help the wide, honest smile that crossed his face, mirrored by his bride.

The men around them fell silent as she walked past them, each of them smiling and a little stunned. Hector, who stood in front of Jack, acting at the minister beamed with pride at seeing his confidant and friend so happy, so much so he let himself smile with honesty, a trait he so rarely allowed to be shown.