Chapter Eighteen

I walked out of my room with a new found confidence in me.

I was so going to kiss him today. Or you know, soon.

You are a gorgeous, intelligent and funny woman. Any guy would be lucky to get a kiss from you.

Suddenly, pain burst in my head. Being really into my mental pep talk, I didn't notice where I was going.

Until I smacked at the wall in front of me.

Thankfully, I didn't fall or anything like that. Unfortunately, Scott was walking right behind me on the large hall.

"Did you just hit the wall?" His deep voice sounded from behind.

OH MY FREAKING GOD!

I've never ever in my whole life been as embarrassed as I've been over the last couple of days!

What the hell is wrong with me?

More importantly, what the bloody hell is he doing to me?

Did I just say bloody hell?

Facing a large old woman's portrait, I cleared my throat, obviously trying to maintain my voice cool and not the small squeaky voice that I was probably meant to have from being so deeply embarrassed. "I'm admiring the painting."

Scott's voice couldn't hide the huge smile that I was sure plastered on his face. "Really?" He came to stand next to me observing the, I must admit, hideous portrait in front of us.

How can I smack into a freaking wall?

"I didn't know you were into art," Scott added amused.

"You don't know much about me," I said nonchalantly. It downed on me that it may have sounded a bit snappy, which wasn't my intention at all. So I took a deep breath, trying to calm my stupid flaming cheeks and turned to look at him.

"True," he whispered beside me. His chocolate eyes were boring into mine and a small crooked smile played on his lips. His hair was a bit damp, you could tell that he had been out running, because his face was somewhat flushed. He had a small white towel on his hands and he was wearing a grey Nike t-shirt along with black track pants.

"Let's change that." Scott's small smile turned into a mischievous smirk that made my stomach flip.

"Hungry?" He placed the towel on his shoulder after pressing it to his face.

For what?

Shut up, Emily!

"Yes?" My voice came out squeaky from the dryness of my mouth.

Scott smiled at me again. He raised his arm to look at his watch and I could only notice how the small veins popped out of the muscles of his arms.

"Breakfast will be served in about twenty minutes. I'll take a quick shower, okay?"

I nodded since my brain was numb and I couldn't utter a word.

Ugh. Way to impress the bloke, as Hugh would say.

"Sean must be on his way to get you." He winked at me. "I'll meet you in twenty." He turned away and I gaped at his retreating body.

Could he get any hotter?

I shook my head embarrassed of my pervy thoughts and stares. I leaned my back on the wall, next to the old lady's portrait, and hang my head.

Crashed into a wall. Wait until Hugh hears that.

Not that I'm planning to tell him, anyway. It would be like committing a mental suicide. I'm sure he would mock me for the rest of my life, even mentioning it at my funeral or something like that.