Chapter Thirty-two

Thanks for the awesome banner Jami1012 :) Loved it!

"Do I really have to wear this?"

Kate rolled her eyes for the billionth time in the last hour. She grabbed the weird little thing and kept brushing my hair. After what seemed like an hour, but were about ten minutes, she pulled half of my hair up in an edgy side pullback. One part of my hair was up and the rest was completely straight. She looked at her artwork and nodded smiling. She then proceeded to pin a small yet futuristic looking kind of hat. Before the thing could indefinitely be implanted on the top of my head, I grabbed her hand.

"Seriously?!" My eyes were pleading at her as she rolled her eyes one more time.

"Do you want me to go over it again?" She asked not really patiently this time.

I scowled at her reflection at the mirror.

On top of going to the Buckingham Palace, in heels, I'd like to stress out, I had to put a weird kind of hat on top of my head. According to Kate, it was an English tradition that couldn't be messed up with. Since the party was still on daylight, every female must, she stressed more than once, wear a stupid thing on the top of their heads.

My eyes examined the weird thing. It was small and had some white and black leathers, as well as some weird straps. It was so small, that I couldn't call it a hat. It wouldn't keep me from the sun.

It would just make me look weird.

"That's it." Kate huffed impatiently. "I'm calling your mom over." Her green eyes glared at me. I pretty much ignored them and gazed at the top of her head. Her small hat was more conservative than mine. A small blue veil dropped to her forehead, barely covering one of her eyes.

"Why is my hat so" I gestured with my hands, "weird?"

"Because" she sighed, "you are important, Emily. You should stand out."

"Says who?" I retorted.

"I do." She grabbed the hat again, "now shut up."

I stiffened as she carefully placed the thing on my head. I scowled at the stupid thing.

Kate smiled, "you look lovely, Em."

I redirected my glare to her. But she did look excited, so my eyes softened.

Hesitantly, I added, "Thanks, I guess."

"You're welcome." She clapped her hand excited, "I'm going to call Sarah to take us some pictures!" With that, she left the room in a hurry.

I turned to look at my reflection again. I did look pretty. I wasn't conceited, but Kate was really good with make-up. Yet, she let me looking like myself, just a little bit stylish. I sighed as I stood up.

You can do it, Em...

The only really good thing is that I was missing Scott like an idiot. It seemed forever since we met. I couldn't keep him out of my mind and I kept smiling goofily every time I thought about him.

Mom's voice down the hall made my smile wider. She appeared a few seconds after. Her green eyes were watery and she clasped a hand on her mouth.

"You look stunning, sweetie..."

"Thank you, Mom." I shifted on my feet uncomfortably from all the sudden attention.

"I did a great job, didn't I?" Kate asked from behind really proud of herself.

"Scott is going to be absolutely impressed" Mom added.

My cheeks flushed as I mumbled, "just take the picture, Mom..."