Getting Hitched

The Wedding

My heart drummed in my chest. Angelic voices started to sing as the subtle flowery smell invaded my senses.

This was it.

My life had changed since I met him, but my life was about to give a turnaround as soon as I said my vows in front of literally the whole wide world. 

Fluttering butterflies played in my stomach at the same time my pulse rate increased as I envisioned myself walking through the aisle between hundreds of people completely unknown to me. I could already see the Queen's hidden scowl as I passed her by...she had never been challenged before.

In my defense, it had been her fault.

She had urged us to the Buckingham Palace right after Scott's love declaration at Heathrow. I was so happy to see him again, I was in awe repeating all his words on my mind...most of all...I was unbelievable excited to have him with me... 

I just didn't care if we were going to China, for all that mattered. I was just reeling in the fact that I was with him. The person who I had missed like crazy for the last three weeks. I had been miserable...I felt incomplete. A huge chunk of me was missing. I missed his jokes, his voice and his touch. As the car neared the Buckingham Palace, I pulled apart from Scott and slapped him hard on the arm.

"Ouch!" he rubbed his arm and watched me warily. 

"How could you ignore me for three weeks?! Have you got any idea how pathetic my life has been? For three freaking weeks?!"

His eyes flitted away for a moment. "It wasn't a walk in the park for me either, Em." He turned to me and his chocolaty eyes softened as a small smile played on his lips. He reached for my hand and dragged me closer to him, "I love you" he whispered by my ear "so much that it hurts not being close to you. Trust me, it was complete and utter hell..."

My anger quickly evaporated into thin air as a goofy smile played in my lips. My heart melted at those words. I would never get tired of hearing it. And I think he was quite aware of this since he was already smirking. Ugh. I was such a lost cause. 

Blinking innocently at him, I smiled smugly before voicing "I'm such an amazing lovable woman." Scott smiled amused before I kissed him one more time. He pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. It was such a passionate, needy kiss. Like saying I missed you. The car stopped and we were forced to pull apart. I was flushed and shy all of a sudden with Sean and Ryan who had been with us the whole ride. My lips were swollen and my heart was beating a mile a minute...but I was extremely giddy and happy. So even when a fortyish stone-faced woman guided us towards the Queen's library I just couldn't stop smiling and rejoicing. 

The moment we crossed the threshold my smile vanished. 

She was furious. Her usually impeccable image was more than off. Her hair was disheveled. Her jaw was tense. Her blue eyes were burning with unspoken anger. 

If looks could kill, we'd be already decapitated and burned at the same time. 

Me especially.

Scott squeezed my hand reassuringly. I looked at him for a moment and he gave me a small smile for a fraction of a second before turning to glare at his grandmother defiantly. 

I swallowed hard as she gestured us to sit on the sofa in front of her. 

"I'm afraid you've gone too far this time, Scott." She bluntly said while we took a seat.

Scott was tense and his hand clutched me a little bit too hard. I could already feel pins and needles but I stayed quiet for both our sakes. 

"Are you pregnant?" Her blue eyes bored into mine.