Chapter Thirty-Seven

Darkness engulfed me.

I was nowhere and everywhere at the same time. My panting was all you could hear. I was crying as I took a step forward.

Nothing.

I felt cold and completely hopeless. And very lonely.

But then I saw him.

Sam was on the other side of the dark tunnel and he was staring at me like a predator with a menacing smile. Next thing you know, he was right in front of me and I could see my blood on his lips as he said "you are mine, Emily." His hands grabbed me by the arms and started shaking me. I trashed all over as he leaned closer with an evil smirk playing on his lips.

"Emily!"

"Emily! It's ok!" A husky voice called my name.

I registered it wasn't Sam's.

My eyes opened and I felt my shoulders relax as I realized that it had only been a really bad dream. I've been having quite a few lately. My throat felt hoarse and I felt my cheeks wet. I had been crying in my dreams.

Dark chocolate orbs were gazing at me concerned. He was gently holding me by the arms and I think I had trashed on them for a few minutes because the blanket that was covering me was all over the bed.  His hair was disheveled and you could tell that he had ran a hand through it for numerous times. He still had a soldier's uniform on.

My eyes brimmed with tears as I let him engulf me in a protective embrace. Scott's muscled arms held me tight as I sobbed on his shoulders. His right hand was making soothing circles on my back. We were on my bedroom and the familiar vanilla smell from my favorite candles was soothing.

"It's ok, Em." His voice was laced with concern, "you're safe..."

It happened a day ago.

It had been the scariest day of my life.

If Sean hadn't barged into my house I don't know what would have happened.

Apparently, someone tipped Sean that some paparazzi were hiding on the street and they took a picture of Mark coming out of the house. As soon as he received the message, Sean came back and heard some screaming inside the house so he started to bang on the door. When he finally broke it, he found me unconscious laying on the kitchen floor. My backdoor was open so he never saw who had been with me.

He called the police, my mom and a doctor. I passed out from the shock for apparently almost an hour. Everyone was really concerned. When I woke up, Sean interrogated me about Mark. He was absolutely furious. He actually thought that Mark had done something to me.

I told them about Sam and they were looking out for him, but so far, he hadn't appeared back at his hotel or any known place. Apparently, he hadn't used his credit card so far, so locating him was becoming a pain for the police. Sean was on their toes all the time.

He hadn't left my side.

Scott had been notified over the curse of the night. He had been camping overseas and it took him forever to get here.

But he was here now.

With me.

I held him tight and it felt so right to be in his arms.

I felt protected and safe.

"Thank you" I hoarsely whispered on his chest.

"Shhhh."

His shirt felt wet and I noticed that I was the cause for that. Passing a hand on the wet spot, I mumbled, "I'm sorry, I'm ruining your shirt..."

He smiled at me but it didn't reach his eyes, "have you been having nightmares?"