Bonus Chapter - Brought to you by H&M

• Dedicated to hm

Author's Note: 

Emily has been selected by H&M to portray what a contemporary Princess could wear. She's already a Mom of two beautiful daughters, struggling with her everyday routine, but that doesn't mean that she's not stylish.

After all, teaching her girls to be themselves, to fight for what they believe in and to be unique in their own way are what she's thriving for. This is what being #Ladylike means. To be strong, confident and original. To go beyond the limits and to be the best version of you. Which is not always easy to achieve, especially when the whole world has you under surveillance, including the Queen herself.

Follow H&M and the rest of the #Ladylike stories to read more inspirational stories from other popular writers portraying fierce, strong women that represent the brand.

*Thank you H&M for sponsoring this chapter, and for reminding me to keep fighting for my dreams and goals*

Being a Mom was not an easy task. Having a newborn with an almost two-year-old seemed impossible at times. Especially for a stubborn Princess like myself.

I didn't want help.

I could manage both my daughters like every other woman out there. I mean, yes, I also had a bunch of other duties and several engagements, but women everywhere are committed to their jobs and raise a family.

I wasn't different from any of them, and I could do it.

Just not today.

Ashley was a month old, and I hadn't been sleeping properly since she was born. Not to mention that Marianne was acting out for the most ridiculous reasons. My lovely daughter, that always seemed so good-spirited could be transformed into a hideous monster within the span of a few seconds and anything could trigger it. It didn't last long, thank God, but it had been constant for the last few weeks.

I was drained as I constantly kept trying to grab on to the last straw of patience as if it were my lifeline.

Makeup or normal clothes seemed as possible as watching a unicorn stroll by. Once again, my usual attire consisted of yoga pants and clean, yet stained on the shoulders, t-shirts in different colors. Not quite princess-like.

Scott was great when he was at home. He had taken part in a project with the Prime Minister and was hardly present. So, when my best friend Hugh announced that he was coming over for visit, I wasn't overly happy or excited as I should have been.

He wanted to meet our newborn baby, but his visit meant that I needed to clean up the mess I'd been living on for the last few weeks. Scattered toys soiled the floor, the kitchen was brimming with dirty dishes everywhere and the living room had an insane pile of clean baby-burp towels and Marianne's fresh laundry dispersed across the sofa.