The Bitter Truth

When your love life with Amy Lee had started, you both made a promise to each other that there'd be no secrets between you both and you would tell each other everything.

However, when you found out your family was having issues, it took a toll on you and it messed with your mental health of anxiety and depression. You had gotten a phone call from your mother one day stating the news of divorce and a death of a loved one. It was all too much to handle on your own, but you didn't want to tell Amy about it, not wanting her to know what's going on because of right now, she was working on a new album "The Bitter Truth" and you didn't want her to worry too much and get distracted in completing her work. When she was at home with you on her days off, you hid your emotions well, putting on a fake smile and acts as happy as can be in her presence. But as you were home alone, that was when you let the emotions out and was free for you to take your anti depressants without getting caught. You were doing well in keeping that secret until one day, you left the kitchen medicine cabinet open before you took a long nap. When you woke up, you realized Amy would be home any minute and you didn't want to appear as you slept all day so you straightened things out to make it look nice for Amy.

It was late afternoon/early evening when you hopped in the shower and you still didn't realize you had left you median exposed in the kitchen.

Amy had walked in your shared bedroom just as you shut the shower off and you didn't hear because of the fan running and your music being turned up to max level. You wrap yourself in a towel and when you saw Amy sitting at the foot of your bed, you almost dropped your towel in fright. You could tell by the look on her face that something was upsetting her and you grew concerned for her. Maybe something happened at the studio? Whatever it was, it took you minute to gather words together in response.?

"Amy, are you okay? What's the matter? What's going on? Has something happened at the studio today?" You ask, as her facial expression turned from stern to a look of sadness and hurt, you than notice a tear running down her cheek.

"Do you want to tell me what this is for?" Amy holds up the bottle of anti depressants in your view.

You grew quite, not knowing what to say or how to tell her what was going on your family. As hard as you tried to compose yourself to tell her everything, you only broke down and started shedding tears of your own. You felt her hand gently pulling yours from your face and pulls you next to her, holding you. She begins to rub your back as she waits patiently until you're ready to tell her everything. About fifteen minutes later, you completely spilled the beans, the bitter truth of everything that had been happening in your family and what it was doing to you, tearing you apart.

After telling her everything, you felt better than before but still hurt. After a while of holding you close to herself, you were starting to feel better after spilling the beans and confessed everything. It was really helping you as you told her the truth and it was what she suggested to do next that brought back the real smile on your face. Amy knew exactly how to cheer you up in your darkest of days.

"Let's have a movie night and have some coffee along with it. How does that sound, honey?"

"Wonderful. Just what I need for the cure." You both giggled as you went into your theater room and started the film Amy picked out to watch with you.

The couch cushion dipped besides you as Amy sat right by your side and pulls you in for cuddles. The movie she had picked was your favorite movie and she delivered her promise on the coffee. What a truly amazing, wonderful girlfriend you were lucky to have. After the movie starts, she pulls you in even closer to her in the arms of her true love.

"I love you, Amy. I love you so much." You say, as a grin like a child on Christmas morning appeared in her face.

She looks down at you, as you were the little spoon tonight in your cuddling sessions.

"I love you more, Y/n."