✰ 30

I hopped into Jamal's old ass car. You would think he would have a nice car since he was making so much money because of me. But no. Jamal rather spend his money on jewelry, women, and the latest fashion. His car was a shitty green '90s Honda. He called it the 'Weed Machine,' which is probably why the interior smelled like a mix of marijuana and McDonald's french fries. I pulled the door close, but it didn't close all the way. "Come on, you know you got to slam that bitch," Jamal said as he slammed his car door, and put the keys into the ignition. I groaned, and closed the door, this time putting a little oomph in it. The door successfully closed and I reached to put on the seatbelt, but it was jammed. "Shit don't work," Jamal remarked before pulling off. "You just going to leave your car here in the hood? Somebody gonna snatch your ride."

"First off, did you really just say your seatbelt doesn't work!? How the fuck does your seatbelt not work, Jamal!?" Jamal wasn't even fazed by my yelling. Instead he kept nodding his head to the Drake song that he was blaring. "I'm going to be really fucking pissed if I die in a damn car accident! I'm supposed to die with a big bang! You know? Like thirty shots to the body, execution, you know, something bad ass! If shit goes right, I might die when I'm fucking old, but not in a fucking car accident!" I tried to use the seatbelt once more, but it didn't budge. I tugged, and tugged and finally the seatbelt unraveled enough for me to buckle it. But I still didn't feel secure since it was loosely wrapped around my body. "You're such an asswad. Why the hell did you even come and ruin my time with Athena?"

Instead of answering my question, Jamal glanced over at me and rapped lyrics to me. "You was popping back when Usher wore a U chaaaiiiiiinnnn, got damn you changed!"

"I hate you so fucking much."

Jamal chuckled and he was obviously high. So, not only was I not secured by his ghetto ass seatbelt, but I was also riding with him when he was high as hell. I took a few seconds to say a silent prayer for my damn life. "Really, bruh? You hate me? I'm like your only black friend. I keep you up with all the good shit. If it wasn't for me, you would be a corny ass, little white girl."

"Without me, you'd be dead, in prison, or an inspiring rapper."

"Now, that's some racist shit."

"You never told me what we were doing," I said as I looked around the neighborhood we was riding in. People walked the street, and stared the car down as we rode by. I shot everyone who stared for too long a menacing glare. We were in some shitty hood that my people didn't control. This area was basically uncontrolled, so I was wondering why the hell Jamal was even cruising with me around here.

"Word is that the Buffs have a crack house around here. They're new leader is very hands-on, sells things directly. I was thinking that we scope it out, and see if we can connect some dots," Jamal said as he pulled up to a vacant lot. "See, its right down the street. We got a good view of the porch so we can see who's going in and out," Jamal said as he pointed towards the rugged, white house.

"This is probably the best idea you've ever had," I said, as Jamal passed me a pair of binoculars. I couldn't help but feel like an undercover cop. Funny thing is, when I was younger, I wanted to be a police officer. But I ended up being the complete opposite. Now being a cop was out of question. I loved the life that I lived. It was dangerous, spontaneous and interesting. If I was a cop in Chicago, all I would do was eat doughnuts, drink coffee, and shoot unarmed black men. That doesn't sound like much fun.

We waited for a while for something interesting to happen. To occupy our time, we smoked and rapped along to all the songs Jamal had on his phone. After a while, I think it was safe to say that I was pretty damn high. Jamal was high before, but he was even higher now. "Dude, what the fuck," I screamed as I began laughing at the song that was playing on Jamal's phone. "Are you fucking serious!?" Jamal looked at me awkwardly for a while as I laughed at him, but we both broke out singing once the interlude of the song was done.