Chapter Twenty-Four

The teacher had demonstrated how to peel of the cuticle of the onion and prepare a wet something and place it on the slide of the microscope and what not. I paid attention because it was so intresting, and I have a secret fetish for looking under a microscope. After the explanation, I reached out for the microscope the same time that Mike did and my hand was now trapped under his.

He quickly pulled his hand away as if he was burnt from my touch. Ouch.

I left the microscope and began peeling the onion cuticle out of the onion and I used the tweezer provided to pass it to Mike, who had the microscope.

"There.", I said.

I expected  him to ignore me but instead he fumed.

"What the hell were you doing with him in the friken bathroom.", he snapped.

Damn it. He hurts me and thinks he has the right to talk to me the way he feels like.

"Oh I was borrowing his hoodie and telling him all about my daddy issues.", I snarled.

He clenched his jaw and closed his eyes for a second.

"Im serious Audrey.", he said in an ice cold voice.

"Oh please stop being dramatic. I got mad at him and he barged in to appologise. There happy?.", I rolled my eyes.

He let out a breath of relief and finally looked at me without any disdain.

"How do you even know that dipshit?.", he asked, while flickering his gaze briefly at Eziahl.

Funny... that's your nickname Mike.

"He is not a dipshit. He is the most important and trustworthy person in my life right now and I suggest you don't insult him.", I said, watching Mike's eyebrows go up in shock at the sharpness of my voice.

"So what?. You fell in love with someone you just met?. Wow.", he remarked.

Oh my God this idiot is so damn infuriating. That's it. I am going to kill him and hide him in the woods.

"What do you care, it's not like I knew you forever.", I ground my teeth.

He looked like a hurt puppy when I said that. I know I am being brutal but he is tramping my toes.

"Audrey I just met you and we had a connection, I know you felt it too. What happen was shitty, I know. But... I never did anything I swear. Lissa was my girlfriend before, but before that, she was my best friend. I can't just squash that friendship away. Sure she is needy and thinks she can get me back but I only want you.", he said.

"That text meant nothing.", he finished.

My heart fluttered but I just couldn't trust anyone.

"Okay.", I said, resuming the tast with the microscope.

We worked calmly, talking when it was only necessary and oddly there was no tension in the air.

After completing the task at hand, the buzzer rang and everyone spilled out of class. I looked around for Eziahl and spotted him walking towards me with a smug grin on his face.

"I assume you and lover boy are back?.", he smirked.

"We we're never together to begin with.", I rolled my eyes.

"Look, Audrey, we have a free period now. I'm heading over to the Medilar. Merlia wanted to see me. You staying or coming?.", he asked.

"I'll stay. I need to head over to the library to check out some new books, I'm all out. Plus you don't have to worry about me being safe. I'll just avoid the bathroom.", I chirp.