Chapter Twenty-Three

I woke to someone shaking my shoulders and reminding me it is time to get ready for school.

"Five minutes more mom.", I grumbled.

"Well if I was your mom I would have given you five minutes but I am not so get up.", Eziahl said loudly.

I growled. Literally growled. I really wanted to sleep. I wasn't in pain or anything this was just my laziness showing through.

Out of the blue my blanket was yanked from me and the cold air caused goosebumps all over my body and I woke up with a jolt.

"Would it kill you to let me rest!.", I shouted.

Eziahl just sported an amused look on his face. I then noticed he had a bagpack ready for school and he was dressed completely different. His scar was hidden, probably by a siel, and his gear was gone and he looked like a normal teenage boy. Except in this case he looked like a quaterback with dashing looks.

I can imagine girls swarming after him. Kind of like how Lissa had been chasing Mike. Well I can't blame her since she is his girlfriend right?. Oh and achievement unlocked!. Congratulations Audrey, you are now jealous of a person you don't even know.

I roll my eyes and finally get up from the bed and walk to my own room, leaving Eziahl who trailed behind me until my messed up room door. He waited by the door like a gentlemen while I walked around the rubble from the broken window to my closet.

I grabbed the nearest jeans which happened to be the color I mess alot, white, and I grab a Billie Eilish shirt and frantically look for undergarments. I also grabbed a pair of mismatched socks (as usual) and ran to the bathroom in the guestroom. Eziahl said he will be downstairs so that was that.

I got into the shower and couldn't stop my mind from thinking of Mike's bathroom. I wanted to steal that gorgeous bathroom.

I flipped the tap and ice cold water sprayed onto me. Would it kill showers to spray out warm water at first?. I stepped under the spray and as the water trailed down my fingertips, I pretended I was aquaman shooting water from my fingers. Yes I am weird.

After roughly ten minutes in the hot shower, my hands became pruney so I stepped out, dried myself and put my clothes on. As I put my jeans on I realise it's the wrong jeans!. This jeans is ripped jeans and by ripped I mean ripped!. It is also not to mention the tightest jeans I own. Stupid upsetted closet.

I ran out of the bathroom and was about to go to my room to change, when I heard mom screaming from downstairs.

"Audrey!. Get your bottom down here this instant!. The bus is here!.", she shouted.

Oh to hell with it. I grabbed my bagpack and ran downstairs, meeting Eziahl who looked a bit nervous. I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the bus. Miles and Lily had a head start but pulled time to board the bus just so I could make it on time.

I stepped on the bus and all the noise abruptly stopped. I thought it was my dressing but then I see what they were all staring at.

Eziahl seemed uncomfortable so I walked to a two seater and motioned for him to sit with me.

"Are people always this creepy?.", he asked as he took a seat.

"I wouldn't know, it's my second time on the bus.", I whispered to him.

The chatter started again in the bus and I watched Eziahl take in the view outside the window as we passed various places. New Orleans is one of the most underrated vacation spots. People have no idea of how much stellar beauty this place holds. Well apart from most buildings being haunted.