Chapter 20

Violets POV
⚠️warning⚠️ THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF AN EATING DISORDER!

"I'm fine" I demanded, cringing in pain as I sat up, my head pounding from the contact it made from the floor. It was embarrassing enough to faint during class now I had to sit here while the nurse examined me. "You don't seem to have a concussion, I'm guessing dehydration." She said as she finished shining a flashlight in my eyes. "So I can go back to class?" I questioned, shifting uncomfortably on the exam table. She turned to me and cocked her eyebrow. "I would prefer if you called a parent to come pick you up, but I guess I can't force you" she replied with a sigh. "I just wanna go back to class" I mumbled. If I called home I know mom would be the only one who could come get me, and i would have rather fainted again then endure her verbal abuse.

"Fine, but take this" she sighed, handing me a bottle of water. I nodded and grabbed my bag, exiting the nurses office into the hallway. Suddenly the bell rang, the sound making it feel like my brain was throbbing. Annoyed I made my way through the hall, people where giving me strange looks, some even whispering as I walked by. I noticed Patrick, his shoulder leaning against the wall next to my locker, an unreadable expression on his face. When I made it to him I pulled my backpack off, opening my locker and proceeding to switch out the books I needed.

"What the hell happened" he questioned as he stared at me. "I don't know what you mean" I replied with a shrug, shutting my locker. "Don't act fucking dumb violet, I heard what happened. You sick or something?" His eyebrows pulled together in a scowl. I shrugged, unscrewing the lid of the water bottle and taking a sip. I didn't really wanna talk about it anymore, I was embarrassed enough as it was. I jumped a bit as I felt Patrick's hand wrap tightly around my forearm and yank me in his direction. "I don't think it would be in your best interest to ignore me, Violet" he growled lowly, his mouth only inches from my ear.

"Your hurting me" I yanked my arm out of his grip, flustered from his sudden roughness. "I'm fine, why is everyone so fucking dramatic" I grumbled, rubbing my arm where he had grabbed me.
"When's the last time you ate anything" he said, his voice sounding accusatory. I stood there silent for a moment, confused as to why he was asking me that question. "I don't know, why" I asked, looking down at my feet, to afraid to make eye contact. I could hear him move closer to me. "Your cold all the time," he pointed out "you fainted in class," he continued. "Your bruises don't heal" his fingers poked into my side where the bruise sat under my clothing.

Every word he spoke made my heart pound harder and harder. "I have class" I croaked, doing my best to hold back the tears filling my eyes. I pushed his hand away from my abdomen and walked away before he got the chance to say anything else to me. I rushed to the bathroom, shutting myself in a stall before I allowed myself to cry. I could hear the bell ring from in the hallway as I allowed the silent tears to pour  there way down my face.