Chapter 13

Violets POV

We had spent the whole day on the beach. We took multiply trips into the house for popsicles but besides that we just sat there soaking up the sun. It was getting dark now and belch was starting a fire in the fire pit so we could make s'mores like I asked. Victor always made fun of me for wanting to make s'mores but I knew he secretly liked it. I had debated with myself about whether or not I was actually going to eat them, but I decided I had skipped enough meals that it wouldn't make much of a difference. Also I needed to eat with everyone at some point so no one would say anything about me being weird about my food. I sat with Caitlyn on the railing of the porch as we watched Henry and Patrick move the chairs into a circle so we could all reach the fire. We sat close, ours shoulders pressed together. We were both wrapped in the same towel drying off from our swim. We had on our cold wet bikinis and out skin was cold from the water making it hard to warm up as the breeze made us shiver.

"Go get the marshmallows Vi" belch called over his shoulder as the fire finally started to come to life. I got up, pushing the towel off my shoulders and heading inside. I wrapped my arms around myself, hurrying inside as my teeth chattered together loudly. My wet hair made a slapping noise as it hit my back as I sprinted into the house. I climbed onto the counter to grab the marshmallows, chocolate, and gram crackers out of the Cabinet I could not reach. I set them on the counter and jumped down, gathering everything in my arms I headed back outside.

When I got out the door I set everything down in a chair that had the metal rods on it. I hurried back over to Caitlyn and got back inside the towel with her, both of us cuddling closer as we laughed. "I gotta go to the bathroom, can I use yours?" Caitlyn said after a minute. "Of course, you know where it is" I said nodding towards the house. Patrick was in the doorway As she walked by, her shoulder ran into his as she passed and she looked him up and down. Immediately that made me annoyed, not that she knew we were together. He looked back at her with a straight face, looking almost pissed off by the contact. "Sorry" she said sweetly pushing a chunk of wet hair behind her ear. Patrick didn't reply, he only turned around and walked out onto the porch, ignoring her apology.

Patrick took a seat in a chair by the fire, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees. "Party's here" victor yelled as he walked out of the back door. He had 2 liquor bottles in each hand along with a a stack of cups. I reached my hand out asking for a cup and he handed me one. I pulled one of the bottles from between his fingers and pulled the lid off pouring some in my cup. It didn't take much to get me fuck up so I made sure to only put a little bit. I took a sip and cringed as it burned its way to my stomach. When belch started to pick up the metal rods and put marshmallows on the end I excitedly moved to a chair by the fire. I waited for him to put the marshmallows on mine for me patiently, drinking out of my cup as I waited.

I put the stick over the fire waiting for them to get toasted the way I liked. As I pulled them out I quickly made them into s'mores. As I stared at the food in my hand, my stomach started to turn. Eating popsicles all day was one thing but actual food made me feel different. I gagged a bit at the thought of eating them, making sure to turn away so no one would notice. I slowly set them both on the arm of my chair and leaned forward to listen to the boys conversation. Belch looked over at me, his eyes going immediately to the s'mores before they met mine. I lowered my gaze, embarrassed. I didn't wanna be this way, i just couldn't help it.