Chapter 24

After mom and dad had returned from there lake get away tensions where high. My dad did his best to never leave me and my mother alone with one another, always telling belch to take me with him wherever he went. I didn't mind much, having no desire to be alone in the house with that psychopath.

I had finished the year strong, passing all of my finals, kissing butt where I needed to so that my grades were just the way I wanted them. I was glad it was finally over, or atleast over for a while. The pressures to be perfect with grades, outfits, attitudes was gone and I could finally just relax and enjoy my summer. Well most of it. Dad had suggested I get a summer job to have extra cash and I agreed. Taking a babysitting job on the other side of town.

I sighed loudly in the backseat of Belchs car, pushing my sun glasses up the bridge of my nose as the wind flew through my hair. Henry drummed loudly against the dashboard as 'seek and destroy' blasted from the cars speakers. Victor on my left nodding his head along with the song and Patrick in my right, stone cold and staring ahead.

"Now that I'm taking you back and fourth from work I expect gas money" Belch said as he pulled to a stop in front of the Matthew residence. I laughed him off knowing that he wouldn't actually take any money I tried to give him. "Yeah yeah yeah, I hear you." I replied rolling my eyes. I pulled my sunglasses from my face, tossing them onto belchs dashbored and grabbed my bag tossing it over my shoulder.

"Mr. Matthew's will be home at 4:30. Come get me, and don't be late!" I told my brother giving him a warning look. He had forgotten to pick me up before and I didn't want to have to walk home in the summer heat. I almost leaned into Patrick to kiss him before I caught myself, remembering that my brother and his friends were still blissfully unaware of our situation. I simply gave him a smile before I climbed over him to exit the vehicle, pausing over his lap for just a moment to long as I gave him a smirk.

Shutting the car door behind me I quickly made my way up the driveway of the house. The house was huge, and beautiful. Mrs.Matthew's was always very particular about the way her front garden looked and damn was she good at it. I pulled my shirt and straighten my skirt before I made it to the door. Watching and waving as my brother drove away. I knocked, the wood of there front door making an echoing boom.

Mrs.Matthew's opening it not a moment later, an apron tied around her thin waist and a smile plastered across her face. "Violet! Aren't you just adorable. Come in, come in!!" She smiled cheerily.

I nodded shyly, following her in through the entry way and into the living room. Baby Sammy was sat on a blanket in the living room floor, toys sprawled out in front of him as he made baby talk to himself. Little Alicia and Ava on the other hand we're at the kitchen table, markers and crayons all around them as they colored.

"I've got to run to the store and then I have my afternoon ladies meeting at Beth's house. You know Beth don't you?" Mrs. Matthew questioned as she wiped the kitchen counter down with a damp rag. I nodded. Everyone in Derry knew Beth. She was one of those moms that insisted on being head of everything. Organizing, PTA, charity events, you know the type.

"The girls just ate lunch so they should be just fine but baby Sammy will need a bottle around 2 before you put him down for his nap. I left a list of phone number to call in the case of an emergency and if anything goes wrong Ms.Barnett is always next door." I nodded to let her know I was listening and she smiled. "Well then I'll be off" she sighed, untying her apron and taking her keys off of the hook.

She went into the dining room, kissing the twins on there four heads. "Be good for Violet." She said warningly earning her a nod from both girls. Grabbing baby Sammy I followed her to the door, she turned to us. Kissing one of his chubby cheeks before I watched as she got into her car and started the engine, pulling quickly out of the driveway. "Have a nice time" I called, knowing good and well that she couldn't hear me anymore.

I looked down at Sammy, a worried feeling gathering in my stomach as I realized I was just left alone with 2 toddlers and a baby.

This won't be so bad... right?