Chapter 25

"Wow that's very pretty" I giggled as Ava pushed her hand made paper tiara onto the top of my head. She smiled proudly at her work before turning her attention back to her toy box to find more dress up items. She carefully placed bracelets over my hand and onto my wrist, giving a satisfied nod every time she decided she liked what she did. Alicia sat on the other side of the room. A Barbie in each of her tiny hands as she carefully made them talk to one another and more around the large dollhouse that sat against her bedroom wall.

I almost jumped right out of my skin as I heard the front door open and slam back shut. As I came down the stairs from the girls room I saw Mrs.Matthew's rushing into the kitchen, hurriedly tying her apron around her waist once again and started preparing dinner. Pulling off my new princess attire I made my way down to greet her.

"Thank you so much for your help today Violet. Means the world." She had smiled, her perfect white smile as she handed me a folded stack of money.

I smiled politely, thanking her for paying me so graciously as I grabbed my bag. Not wanting to be a bother I decided to wait for belch outside, standing on the sidewalk with my arms crossed as the summer sun beamed down on me. I wiped my four head, the heat getting the best of me as I stood awkwardly at the curb. Hopefully he would get there soon.

————————————————————

I stamped my foot in annoyance as I glanced once again at my watch. God, sometimes I just wanted to punch my brother. Deciding I was done waiting knowing full well he had likely forgotten that I needed to be picked up, I started off down the side wall. "Fucking idiots" I growled beneath my breath, my shoulders tense as I stormed off towards my house.

The sound of someone slamming on the breaks of a car caught my attention moments later. As I turned to see Amy pulled to a stop only a few yards from where I stood, I noticed my brother wasn't the driver, but Patrick. I huffed, making my way over to the car, pulling the passenger door open and getting in. "Where's my brother?" I question, surprised that he had let someone besides himself drive his precious car.

"What's wrong, flower? Your not happy to see me?" Patrick taunted, a smirk plastered across his face. I wasn't in the mood. Shoving my bag down by my feet I buckled my seatbelt, ready to be taken to belch so that I could punch him. Patrick's hand made it's way to my thigh, his rings cold against my skin as he squeezed my leg. "I'd be happier to see you if you were on time" I huffed, pushing him off of me. He sighed, his hand moving to rest on the gear shift as he started off down the road. "We'll I'm here now aren't I?"

I rolled my eyes at his response but didn't reply, instead focusing my attention on my hands as I picked the skin around my nails. After a long pause he spoke again. "I was thinking we could do something, just me and you." He said taking off down the road. "Whatever" such a teenage response, I know, but I was mad.

H

I was silent the rest of the drive, my gaze locked out the window to avoid eye contact. I knew I was irritating him but in the moment I didn't care. Lately he has been different towards me, always worried about what I was doing and if I was okay. God, you pass out one time and suddenly everyones up your ass.

It felt like forever before the car pulled to a stop, I sat up and looked around, curious to see where he had brought me. The diner, the words Grammys Kitchen painted largely on the side of the building. There weren't many cars in the parking lot luckily so we pulled to a stop right in front of the door.

"My treat" he smirked as he shoved his door open making his way around the car to open mine. Huffing I took his held out palm, allowing him to help me out of the car, watching as he closed it behind me. We made our way inside the old restaurant, taking a seat in the first open booth we found.  I smiled sweetly up at the waitress as she set two menus in front of us before scurrying back to the kitchen.

"You should get a burger. There pretty good here." Patrick spoke, his eyes never leaving his menu as he commented. I rolled my eyes, I knew what he was doing, and I hated it. "I'm not really that hungry. Kind of just want a milkshake." I replied, picking at the peeling wood of the table in front of me. His eyes rose to examine my face, rolling his eyes ever so slightly at my attitude. "Your getting a burger."

"What can I get for you two cuties?" Our waitress questioned, pulling a pen and notepad out from her apron pocket as she waited patiently. I opened my mouth to speak but was quickly cutoff by Patrick, who snatched the menu from my hands and stacked it on top of his own.

"We'll take two cheeseburgers, a coke and a large chocolate milkshake." He spike, putting emphasis on the large part. Its like he was taunting me, and it made me want to crawl right out of my skin. She nodded as she scribbled down our order and headed off once again.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I laughed. I had to laugh to force myself not to cry. His eyebrows knit together as he looked at me, an expression crossing his face that I had never seen before, almost sad. "Why are you doing this to yourself?" He retorted. I was so in shock i didn't know what to say, so I just stared at him, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to spill out any second.

"Your killing yourself, Violet. It's like you think I'm going to sit around and watch you starve yourself to death without saying anything. Like I don't give a shit about you. Don't you fucking see that I care about you?" He raised his voice ever so slightly as he spoke, I'm sure if we were alone he's be screaming. "I-Im not. Why would you-"
He cut me off again, holding up a finger to silence me.

"Maybe your parents don't give a fuck, and maybe your brother is to fucking stupid to notice, but I'm not going to let you die under my watch. Not a fucking chance, flower."