Broken Melody; A Day In The Life Of A Dork. Chapter 24

well, this is the big chapter! ;D
some of my old fans might recognize the third scene from my very, very previous story Beyond, which was scrapped. It's very similar.
enjoy!
xoxo
sophie 

Chapter 24: Bleeding my Life Away

For three days straight, I cried.

Endless, eternal, and with everything I had. I didn't eat, I just cried. I didn't even talk.

But I did scream.

Endless, eternal, and with everything I had.

Life seemed pointless now. Life was pointless. Life was stupid.

Life was hideous. I was hideous.

I remembered standing in this exact spot all those months ago, not nearly as broken as I was now. The only thing that was broken then was my nose. I remembered the way I looked, puffy eyes, all hope gone.

But now, if there was hope, there was no chance of ever finding it again.

My eyes were stripped, no longer vibrant with love, and faith. They were emotionless. I was still wearing my black dress from the party, but now it was covered in so much bodily fluids I didn't know which was which. I was catatonic as I stared at myself, hate in me, dread in me, fear and loss. I was gone, lost.

And in my hands were a pair of scissors.

Flight A385 to Sydney, Australia had gone down at 2:03 AM on the 15th of February. On it was holding 78 passengers, and one of them was my life. One of them was my world.

What do you do when your world is taken away from you?

You die.

When the sharp edge of the blade touched my skin, I sighed in relief. Slicing my bare wrists brought back so many feelings. As I watched crimson blood start to pool at the wounds on both wrists and trickle down my arms, it felt like a weight had gone from my chest. Harming myself made me realise that I was still alive, and it felt wonderful.

Until the bleeding slowed, and then I plummeted into pain.

Pain for him.

Then I was sobbing, heartbreaking sobs that belted from within me.

"Carter!" I sobbed, his name a curse. He wasn't here. He wasn't with me. He would never come back.

"Never forget," he had said.

I could never forget.

The mess I had made was nothing compared to the mess I was in. It was still bad. Moments ticked by, and with the even more beautiful cuts I gave myself, the pool forming beneath me deepened, expanded. I closed my eyes, lasping myself into quite tears, and started to dream.

I dreamt of him, like I always did. His touch, his taste, his smile. Of my Carter. Of my love. My hope. My world. Of everything. It was magic, right then and there, so much more magical than the cutting. Me in his arms, me in his hands. It was all gone. Never again.

I could never forget.

My own world, my dreaming, was interrupted by a shout. i opened my eyes just in time to see Ivy storm through the bathroom door.