Broken Melody; A Day In The Life Of A Wife

hey.

hi.

what's up?

well, now we're forward again, probably about three years after the wedding. the pair are starting to settle down. sorry I keep on posting little snippets. i just cant seem to let this story go. i hope thats alright with you :S

anyway. thanks a whole bundle for popping in and reading, i really appreciate it.

love

xoxo

sophie

Broken Melody; A Day In The Life Of A Wife.

The door made the loudest slam I had ever heard when he closed it behind me. We didn't say anything until we made it into the kitchen and we were both shrugging our coats off. He was shivering from the cold, but I was shivering from anger.

The only silence we had was pretty darn peaceful, but it only lasted until we looked each other in the eye.

"Honestly," he started.

I exploded.

"What the hell were you thinking?"  I screamed, my face filled with rage, my eyes filled with rage, my body filled with rage. "We agreed. Remember? We agreed not to tell them! Or don't you remember?"

"Calm down."

"Do you not remember that night?"

"Jesus Christ, Lily!" Carter swore, throwing his hands in the air, and in the process, throwing the keys backwards. They hit the counter and fell quiet. "Of course I remember!"

"I'm twenty-six, Carter! Nearly half of my life is gone!"

"I know."

"I want to have kids, before the opportunity is out the window! Before I'm old and cranky and wrinkly!"

"I know."

"You said, you sai-"

"I know! Okay?" He interrupted, finally as loud as I was. The argument was peaking, climbing higher and higher to breaking point. What would happen at breaking point? 

"Then why did you tell them?" I asked, taking deep breaths.

"He's my Dad, he has a right to know! It's not even a big deal!"

"Big deal? No, it's a huge deal! They already hate me, and then you go and tell them that we're bringing another 'Lillian-demon-child'  into the world!"

"Demon child? What are you talking about?!" He said. "They were happy."

"You didn't see their faces!"

"I was right there!" He bellowed, exasperated. He then breathed in so deeply his whole torso rose, and closed his eyes. When they opened again, he seemed cooler. "I told them because they were going to find out eventually. The subject came up, so I mentioned it."

"Mentioned? You went right out and told them we were trying for a baby."

"What's so wrong with that?"

"Oh, I don't know, Carter. Maybe it's the fact that every time they see me they're going to unintentionally picture us banging?!"

He raised an eyebrow, amused. "We've been together ten years, it's not like they think we haven't."

"But they haven't been told. You shoved it in their faces!" 

"Jesus," he said again, and turned away from me. His hand ran over his face, pinching the bridge of his nose and breathing out heavily. I could only see his white shirt and black dress pants that he was still wearing from the dinner. The way he was so calm just angered me more.