Chapter 1

Birth is a beautiful thing. 

If you look past the screams, sweat, tears, and blood, birth was the ultimate beauty of life. A woman would introduce a new being into this world. 

An innocent life to make their imprint on life. And for this reason, I specifically became an OBGYN doctor. 

"Mrs. Miller, you're almost there! I just need you to push! I can almost see the head!" 

The couple in front of me, Mr. and Mrs. Miller were my role models of love. Mrs. Miller is a tall red-headed woman with a sprinkle of freckles across her nose. Her brown eyes give her a doe-like appearance and her dimples made her look innocent. 

Mr. Miller is the epitome of strong and sexy. First off, he has a mouthwatering British accent. He is also tall, probably about 6'4, and has dirty blond hair. His broad shoulder and muscular body hint towards being a former football player, and his clear blue eyes pierced whatever they looked at. 

Overall they were a match made in heaven. 

Mr. Miller stared at his wife with clear love on his face. You could sense his nervousness and excitement at finally being a father. "Come on Lillian, just a little farther. Our little angel will be born soon!"

Mrs. Miller, aka Lillian, smiled tiredly at Mr. Miller, but continued to push on our request. I concentrated on the little being that was beginning to make an appearance and with one last push, a little baby boy was born. 

A seeminly black baby boy.

Now you could basically hear a pin drop in the room, until the baby's cries pierced the silence. I was in auto mode as i tried to process the new evidence. The child was one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen, but one white parent plus another white parent does not equal a mixed baby. 

I was almost fearful to look at Mr. Miller, but I took my chances anyway. I wish I didn't. 

If looks could kill, Mrs. Miller would be dead. And by the ashen look on her face, she wished she was too. 

"Everybody get out!" The nurses scurried out with the duty of taking care of the little  baby, while I was unfortunatley left with clean up duty. 

"Mr. Miller, I'm sorry, but I have to sew Mrs. Miller back up." His stormy blue eyes made me ridiculously nervous but I stood my ground. 

"I want everyone else out of this room, now." His statement wasn't really needed since everyone wanted to escape the tension filled room. 

"Dam-"

"Lillian, you have one shot to explain this to me. One." The british voice was deep and threatening and I shivered. I am happy to not be on the recieving end. 

"Damien, I-I don't know how this is possible." The tears were running down her dainty face, but it didn't faze Mr. Miller. 

"Clealy another man's dick was in my so-called wife! That's how it is possible! When you are discharged, you will be out of my house."

"What about the child? How can you put us out?" Mr.Miller chuckled cynically.

"I'm putting you out, but I will keep my child. He may not biologically be mine, but you will have no part in his life."

"You can't do this! That is my child!"

"Watch me do just this." Mr. Miller stormed out of the room just as I finished stitching up Mrs. Miller. 

"Well, I will get a nurse to bring you some medicine. You need to rest some." She ignored me and I left, feeling extremely awkward. 

"Lee- that was some soap opera stuff just now." I turned to face my long time friend, Uri. Uri is beautiful with a short curly afro and hazel eyes. Her caramel skin offset her features and her shapely body added the perfect finish. She loved a little gossip, but she was the sweetest thing.