Chapter 7

To all my reader, confused is good! I'll answer all your problems in chater 7 and if I dont, leave a question that I'll be sure to answer!

********************************************************************************************************************

"Before I tell you about me, tell me about you. You're a stranger to me." I said. I wasn't ready to divulge my secrets yet. I just needed some conversation that was more light hearted.

"I am James Eric Raymond and I own Opal." I knew he was a Ceo, but Opal?

Opal is the largest chain of night clubs yet. His line is praised for the safety and high class feel. He had numerous lounges that regularly guested a big singer, such as Mary J Bliege or Lana del Ray.

"Whoa you own Opal?" James smiled lopsided at me as I gaped at him in surprise and awe. 

"Yup. Started the club from an old warehouse my dad passed down to me. He expected me to go into the trucking business with him, but I had other plans." 

"I'm impressed." 

"Thanks, pretty lady. Well my mom and dad are retired, living in Barbados. I have one older brother and a twin sister." It was odd that James was able to stay out of the limelight like he did. Opal was so popular, it was shocking that paparazzi didn't flock to him.

"I keep my life under wraps. That's why nobody knows about me. No need to be shocked." 

"Okay that weird mind reading thingy needs to stop!" He smiled again but leaned back in his chair and sipped his soda. 

"You know I owe my best friend my life." This caught James' attention, but his silence gently encourages me to continue. 

"Uri was always the beautiful, exotic one. Everybody loved Uri, she was the golden child to the world and I oved her for it. She is just a beautiful soul and I never wanted to see that light go out. By college, we had drifted a little. I went with the doctor nerds and she stayed popular among everyone. 

I just immersed myself into work. I wanted to be able to make Uri proud. I wanted to make my grandmother proud. I wanted to prove to everyone I wasn't my mother. But I guess like mother like daughter. I got hooked on adderall and exctasy." 

I didn't tell people this story, but I just felt like now was the time to let it all out. 

"Adderall was to help me with tests and exctasy gave me the fun I desprately craved for. I was spiralling out of control. I didn't know reality from my dillusions. And Uri is the only one who cared to do anything. One day, she put me in her car and dropped me off at a rehab center for 3 weeks without visiting. That shocked me back into reality and i got back on track and its all to her. My grandmother was too busy running her campaigns, and my mom is just a despressed shell who is obsessed with vicodin."

"Well, I must thank Uri if I ever meet her." It was a simple sentence said in all seriousness and I smiled. It felt good to not be judged about my past. 

It was something I struggled with. 

 "Have you ever heard of Georgina Felis?" James looked at me confused, but nodded. "She's the senator."

"And my grandmother. She is a strict and influencial woman."

"I had the pleasure of meeting her at a business dinner one time. Scariest woman I ever met." I chuckled slighly, although I couldn't counter his statement. 

"She has a lot of influence and wants me to be the perfect grandaughter in every way. She wanted me to be everything my mother wasn't." I didn't know where I was going with this, but I just couldn't stop my tongue. 

"Yet I became a druggie like my mom, and did the worst deed in her books." James didn't address my statement and instead took another sip of his soda. 

"So why not tell Damien this? Why up and leave him?"

"You're a mindreader. I'm sure you already know."

I couldn't go back to Damien. He is gorgeous, loving, essentialy perfect.

I just can't do it.  

I still felt a void when I was with him. 

James stood up and offered his hand to me. "Come on, I think it's time we head back to the city. But we have to stop at this bakery first." I didn't answer, but I didn't fight it when I was pulled up. 

James packed up the left over soup and secured it in his car before we set off back towards reality. I stared at the fiery red sunset in the sky. 

I felt mesmerized by it. Its beauty made me feel like it would all work out. 

"I can't go back to Damien." James glanced over at me before looking back at the road.

"Why not?"

"Because it's not Damien's child." 

*****************************************************************************************************************

I know it was short, but if you aren't somewhat cleared up then just message me! 

Most of you guys guessed that she was pregnant, but did I throw enough of a curve ball for you???

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!

Vote! 

Comment! 

Fan me!

Love you guys! :P