Epilogue

I laid my head on James' chest after a long and tiring day.

"You okay there, pretty lady?" I placed my chin on his chest and smiled up at him.

"Yea, your daughter is just kicking up a storm." He grinned, and rubbed my extended belly gently.

"My baby girl is just excited to be around her daddy, isn't she?" I rolled my eyes, but inside, my heart was melting.

James is just the most heartfelt man I know. Once Kaden and Rey were born, James just molded himself into the perfect father. Taking care of premature babies was stressful, but James was there every step of the way.

Uri was actually very helpful also. When I was working long shifts, she sometimes babysit the kids for me, but I also know that she adores her godchildren.

Her husband, Abel, also adored Kayden and Rey. He loved to spoil them with toys and games. Now at the age of 6, my boys were always whisked away to baseball games by Abel.

I yawned long enough that tears built up in my eyes. "I can see you are tired, baby. Go to sleep now." James reached down and kissed my nose. I scrunched my nose, but I closed my eyes to sleep anyway.

Life since the abduction incident has been great overall.

I recently received a messily written card from a 7 year old Malaki saying he missed me. I doubted he'd remember me, but Malaki was always different, I treasured the card anyway.

Lily was critically injured by the shot to her chest. Christina felt that Lily was a loose end, and had to go. The shot shattered her rib cage, and it's a miracle that she's alive.

After being in a week long coma, she was arrested. After some convincing on my part and James' part, we were able to help Lily get a deal. She needed to go to weekly counseling, and have 2 years probation.

I could've been miserable about everything, but after I was dealing with my premature babies, I saw Damien. He was distraught about Lily's condition, and I could see he honestly loved her.

I guess you could say Damien's love saved her. I don't see him much anymore, but it's okay. I know he's fine.

I wish the best for Lily, but we could never form any type of relationship.

I look back and thank God for all he's blessed me with. Because I have so much to be thankful for.

Uri and Abel. Rey, Kayden, and James. My future Penelope.

I can definitely say that I love my life.

THE END