Chapter 15

"Wait so you are telling me that your mom came to the job and you're just now telling me?" I gave a sheepish look to Uri.

"She looked high and I dismissed her quick so I didn't find it important really."

Flashback**

"You forgot your mother already?" I glared at her.

"You aren't my mother. What do you want?" I saw a fleeting look of anger pass before she disguised it with a sickly sweet smile.

"I just wanted to see how my baby is doing. I see you are having a baby of your own." She said glancing at my belly.

"I also see you got yourself a man." Her eyes were hungrily eyeing my engagement ring and I put my hand behind me. My mother had all the tell tale signs of being high.

Jittery. Skittish. Bloodshot eyes.

I felt the disappointment flood me. "Look mom, I got to go to work now." I turned to go, but she grabbed my wrist. I pulled it back quickly as if she'd burned me.

"Wait, before you go can I just have 20 dollars to eat. I'm really hungry right now." I'd fallen for this before and I refused to fall for it again.

"No mom. I'm not giving you money to feed your disgusting habit. Leave me alone." She looked pissed off.

"You little b*tch! You'll regret this." I ignored her and went to do my job. I didn't have time for this.

End Flashback**

"Wow, well I got to get back to work. Be safe." I hugged Uri quickly and headed out of the building. Per doctor and James' rules, I had to work less hours since I had a high risk pregnancy. Which explains why I'm leaving mid day right now.

I got in my car and headed towards home. I noticed an odd blue van following closely behind me as I drove. When I sped up, so did the van. When I slowed down, so did the van.

I felt uncomfortable, but felt that maybe I was being dumb. Paranoia was just a figment of my tired mind.

I was wrong. The van started to ram into my bumper. I screamed as I tried to gain control of the car. The van was relentless and rammed me again. "Oh gosh, help!" I didn't know who I was screaming for, but I was screaming.

All of a sudden, the van stepped on the break and peeled to my side. The tinted window came down, and the barrel of a gun popped out. I screamed and ducked as 3 shots rang out. I felt a stinging pain on my forehead, but I kept my head down all while trying not to crash.

The van sped off and I pulled over to the side of the road to regroup. I pulled out my phone and shakily dialed James.

"Hello?"

"Jamie." That was all I could get out before I broke down in tears. People who had witnessed the attack on me, knocked on the window to get my attention.

All I could do was cry.

"Lee? Leona?! What's wrong? Talk to me, baby." I couldn't talk so I opened my window and let the concerned man talk to Jamie. He was more collected than me at the moment.

I head the ambulance and cop sirens as I continued to cry and hyperventilate. Why did that van attack me?

***

I sat curled up in James' arms as he talked to the police. I didn't even attempt to listen anymore. I told the police my statement and they released me to James after letting me bandage my head.

A bullet had skimmed my forehead when I was ducking and I realized, I could've died today.

I didn't notice the tears that were silently streaming down my face until James wiped them away. "Okay sir, I need to get her home. If there's anything left to say, just call me."

The cop nodded and Jamie walked me to his car. He didn't talk, but I could feel his worried glances on the side of my face. "Leona, baby?" I looked over at him. "I love you, and I wont let anything happen to you or our babies."

I didn't know how much I believed him, but I nodded anyway. "I love you too." My voice was hoarse from all the crying. We didn't talk anymore until we got home.

I got out of the car first, and burst into tears again. "Leona, what's wrong?" Once he reached me, I know he saw what I saw.

There was a box with a dead cat in it.

And on the door, there was a note.

Leona, my sweet.

Today was just a warning.

You have a decision to make very soon.

*******************************************************************************

So I realized that this story was becoming a little boring and predictable, so I decided to spice it up.

What do you think is going on right now? Is this coming from an old character or a new one?

You tell me what's going on :)

Hope you enjoyed!

This chapter has another picture of the oh-so-perfect James. <3

Vote! Comment! Fan me!

Love you guys! :P