Chapter 6

Damien is the sweetest man alive, and being with him for the last 3 months has been amazing. He was attentive to my needs, he tried his absolute hardest to make sure me and Malaki were happy. I was falling so hard for Damien, and I think he was falling for me too. 

"Damien, I think we need to end this." He froze for a second, but continued to cook dinner as if I didn't say anything. "Damien?"

I had butterflies in my belly and I felt like I could throw up. This man owned my heart, but not for much longer. 

"Yes, babe?"

"Can you respond to me, please?" He turned around to face me and I saw the eerie calmness on his face. 

"There's nothing to respond to because you didn't say anything reasonable." I huffed half in anxiety and the other in frustration. This was supposed to be easy, but I knew that was wishful thinking. 

"Please don't make this harder for me. I just can't do this anymore." 

"Do what!" Damien's sudden outburst surprised me and I jumped in my seat. "You're tired of letting me take care of you? You're tired of being treated like a queen? You're tired of letting me love you?" 

Love?

I was so afraid that word would come up. I just wasn't ready for this! It wasn't supposed to hapen like this.

I jumped up and started for the door. Forget dinner, I just needed air. "You're not leaving like this." Damien started for me and I sped up towards the door. Just as I opened it and ran outside, there was already another man standing there.

"Whoa, you okay there pretty lady?" He steadied me with his strong, muscular arms and I felt weak in my knees. This man was as fine as they get.

"James, you better get your hands off of her, right now!" The man, presumably James, backed away in a way of surrender. Damien looked livid as he stormed towards us, and I felt like I had to step in between him and James. 

"Leona, you need to move, right now." I shook my head. I was confused and scared and the raging emotions were taking its toll on me. I felt drained and dizzy. 

I should've eaten lunch earlier. 

"Why are you defending this scum? You want him to take Malaki from us?" My eyes widened and I turned to stare this fine man in his eyes. 

He didn't have Malaki's piercing eyes, but I could see why Lily wanted him. James was the epitome of black chocolate. 

"That's where you are wrong. I came to tell you that Malaki isn't my child." 

Whoa whoa whoa. Now too much was happening for me to process it all. 

"Leona? Lee?" I opened my eye and saw Damien standing over me with a worried expression. 

I'd passed out. This is what I always wanted to avoid. 

And what I told my patients to avoid. 

"Damien, I've got to go." I tried to get up and he pushed me down gently. 

"You can't leave in this condition." 

"Damien. Let me go, now." The steely tone was enough for him to back up and look at me with a wounded expression. This all broke my heart, but all good things come to an end.

I slowly stood up and grabbed my keys to leave. I needed to go home and just take a warm bath. My heart jumped painfully to think that my bath wouldn't be in Damien's house, but what is done, is done. 

"I'll take you home. You really shouldn't be driving." I turned to James and nodded. I just need to leave. I got in to the passenger side and laid my head against the window.