9

Look at my newest text as I walk into the lunchroom for breakfast. [" Bro, I did not invite them to the table. I swear"] from Raul.
"Come on man do better." I text back, grumbling at the text. When I walk up to the table to see Annabella and Santi sitting across from Raul I hesitantly sit my bag down before sitting next to Raul. "Say it." Annabella spat slapping Santi's arm. He rolls his eyes not saying a word. She hits him again "Say it!" she spat I look at Raul confused as he returned the look. "Sorry."Santi grumbles and my eyes widen. "For..." Raul questions leaning on the table with his elbows.
"Punching you." He mumbles towards me.
"Really? You've done way more than just punch him." Raul growled in disbelief. "I'm sorry he did that." Annabella spoke softly to Raul making him melt like butter. "It's fine." he says dismissively. But it's not fine because it didn't happen to him it happened to me.  I know his apology is nowhere near genuine. And it's never fine.
I rose out of my seat and speedwalk out of the cafeteria. I walk through the library  to the back behind many shelves. I take my book out sliding onto the floor against a shelf. I read for a few minutes.
"No! It's over." I whispered to myself as I close the book I just finished. "Oh, Kisses Wishes and Pigs? One of my favorites." I hear a voice from the shelf behind me. I turn to meet a green eye staring at me. I jump back a little. "You read this?" I ask raising the book. "Yeah, but 13 Treasures is way better." she says. "What are you doing on the floor?" I ask a bit creeped out. "Same as you, reading." She snickered "Great minds think alike my good sir." she notes, I smile. I then hear some shuffling behind me. She walks around the bookshelf to my side. She looked to be as tall as my shoulders. She had red hair with a brown tint full of bouncy coils. She had a very pretty shape that gave her an androgynous look.
I squinted up at her. "Are you mixed?" She nodded her head before sliding down to sit next to me. "Yeah my dad is Black and my mom is white and I was lucky enough to inherit her red hair." she laughed. "You too?" I nodded my head before shrugging to myself. "My name is Vivian," she said bringing out a thick book. "Leon." I replied curiously looking at the cover. "This is my favorite book," she explained opening it to the first page.
We ended up accidentally skipping our first two classes too busy reading and discussing the characters in-between chapters. She closes the book at the halfway point. "Look at the time." she huffed. "You know I think I've seen you before. Yeah, we have Creative Writing together."She ponders, tucking her book into her bag. I don't know if I would remember anyone in class since none of them were my friends, no one ever talks to me.
"Well this was fun." she announced as she stood up "But we should get to class now since it is 3rd period." She reasoned. She stuck out her hand and I grabbed it and she pulled me up. I push my book into my bookbag and zip it up tossing it onto my back.
We walk down the hall Vivian must be rather popular since she constantly had to wave back to people as we walked to class. I sat down in my seat in the middle of the back row. "Ok class settle down. Today will be the start of a new unit. For this unit, you should keep a person you work well within mind since you both will be making a short story together the story has to have illustrations and some sort of main concept that makes the reader think. You will have today to pick your partner's and will have until next Wednesday to finish the assignment." the teacher says slowly staking around the room. The students groan. I hate group assignments. Not just because I'm not good with people but I also have to rely on those people to not fuck up my grade.
I let out my own groan and set my head in my hands. "I'm a fucking goner." I sigh "What do you mean? Is being partners with me that bad?" I hear Vivian joke. I look up and sigh in relief. "No, not at all." I laugh. "I gotta warn you I can't draw." she says sheepishly. "That's fine I'll draw lets just make a outline of the story first." I reassured taking out a piece of paper. We bounced ideas off of each other until the end of class.
"Oh can I get your number?" She asked handing me her phone. "For work purposes only I swear." she jeers. I chuckle taking the phone from her entering my number into her contacts. "See ya, Vivian." I wave as I leave the classroom. The rest of the classes were bland in comparison. I spent most of the time texting Vivian about the book we were reading earlier. [" Wanna meet In the library tomorrow morning?"] from Vivian. [" Sure."] I texted back as I walk into the locker room.
I quickly change into my gym clothes stuffing everything else into my locker. I walk onto the field. Sitting down on the sidelines. "You didn't come to class. Where were you?" Raul questions, running up to me. I shrug "I was reading." I say zipping my jacket up as the wind blew against my face. "Yeah ok. Next time you run off make sure your not leaving me with those two." he scoffs before running off again to play soccer. I watch him play for the duration of the class. I sleepily rub my eyes. I should have slept. I wish I could have.
The PE teacher blows his whistle telling us it was time to go. My last class was finally over. I look around to see Annabelle and Santi nowhere in sight. I shrug hoping they had forgotten I existed.
I file into the locker room unlock my locker and get dressed.
I walk out with Raul who wasn't talking as much as he usually did. I stopped "You ok?" I asked and he seemed irritated. "No. I just got turned down." he retorted before rushing out of the door and onto the sidewalk. What is he talking about? Annabella? I go to follow him but by the time I had reached the sidewalk he had already hopped into his dad's car. I take out my phone and text him. [" Talk to me. What happened?"] I texted he left it on read. I frustratedly stuff my phone into my pocket. And walk down a few blocks to the bus stop. A car pulls up. The back door swings open. "Get in." Annabella commands. "Come on isn't this getting kind of old?" I wondered she raised an I amused eyebrow. And I lower my head and get in. "Drink." she tosses a cloudy water bottle into my hands. "Really? Why though? "I plead not wanting to drink it. "She said drink it." I hear Santi demanded, his gaze burning into the side of my head.
I unscrewed the cap off the water bottle. I give her a pained look before taking a sip rather than swallow unlike last time. It didn't make much of a difference because whatever it was it was stronger than last time. I couldn't even screw the cap back into the bottle before passing out.