Chapter Three

Raymond POV

I sat with my younger sister whom was mad at my stupidity as I explained to her what happened with Quantis. My sister is understanding, but she will slap the fuck out somebody is they just do plain stupid shit. She knows I can be a dumb ass, and I get slapped a lot.

"So you mean to tell me, you were playing around with her education over a date?" she asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry." I said.

"I'm not the one you need to be apologizing to you idiot! It's Quantis you should be saying sorry to." Reina said as she shook her head at my idiocy.

"You know what, who are you to judge? You're practically feigning over her roommate!" I said angrily.

My sister was one of those kinds who would talk about other people, but had a situation just as fucked up around the corner somewhere. There were plenty of times when I would tell her about herself because it would piss me off. She just never seemed to learn her lesson. She was kind of slow.

"That's my love life! I have it under control. How I feel about Lucinda is none of your business." she said angrily.

"Whatever. I'm not about to argue with you on this. I asked you to come here for advice not an argument." I said as I stood up.

"Fine! Bye!" she said as she got up and walked out of my home.

My sister is overdramatic too. She could be cool, but the way she acted some of the time just made me want to strangle her. She would work my nerves sometimes, but I loved her. Nevertheless, she has always been a pain in my ass.

I was older than her by a good five years. Her being a sophomore in college, and me being a professor, I knew what she needed to do to pass. I showed her the ropes and taught her the ways of the world.

I practically was all she had after our dad died. Our mother decided to do drugs and never really took care of us. At the age of 18, I had Reina living in my small apartment. Through all of that, Reina and I have always been close and she's like my right arm. I wouldn't trade her for the world.

I walked into my kitchen and grabbed a much needed beer. I just wanted to relax and forget about the last couple days. I had been stressed what with all the papers I had to grade, so it was nice to chill.

I still couldn't get what happened with Quantis off my mind. Why had I been so foolish? Why did I say something so stupid? I would never ask her to go on a date with me and then mess with her grades and the amount of work she had to do if she refused. That's petty, childish, and just plain stupid. She was smart and deserved the A's and B's she got. I felt like an idiot for hurting her

I needed to apologize. I just needed to see her first. I needed to tell her how I felt. I needed to tell her what I really meant.

My phone went off and I answered it. That was a mistake. It was Veronica. She was my on again off again, or to be more specific, my piece of ass on occasion.

"Hey baby. How you doing?" she asked in a seductive voice.

She often would get me with that until recently. Now, it was just annoying. Why did she keep calling to have all these one night stands? She just wanted sex and not a relationship. Only sex. That was the problem. I wanted a relationship, but she was just holding me back from getting what I wanted.

She wasn't ugly or nothing. She was sexy in all the right places. She had sandy blonde hair. She was light skinned and had a nice ass and nice breasts. She had a Coca-Cola bottle shape and light brown eyes. Her lips were full and pink.

"What Veronica?" I asked

"So hostile. I was wondering if I could come through tonight." she said even more seductively.

"No." I said flatly.

"What's with the attitude lately?" she asked sounding whiney.

"I'm just sick of you. I want a relationship. Not just sex." I said rolling my eyes.

"You're just saying that because we haven't had sex in a while. I'm sure I can please you and make you forget all about whatever it is that's jackin yo chain by jackin yo dick." she said with a giggle.

I sighed. She never took no for an answer. What was her problem? I'm sure she had more niggas out somewhere. It couldn't just be me that she wanted. I knew for sure she was a hoe.

"No Veronica. Stop. I'm hanging up and you'll just have to ask one of yo other niggas." I said.

"Fuck you too then! Shit! I will then!" she said before I hung up on her.

I scrolled through my contacts and couldn't really find anyone to talk to. I called my home boy, Dashun. He was my right hand man. We grew up together. He was a rapper now, so we didn't really hang out as much as we used to.

"My nigga!" I heard his voice boom through the phone louder than necessary.

"Hey man. What's good?" I asked.

"Nothing much. Just got off tour. I told you I'm coming up. D Trizzle is makin it big man!" he exclaimed.

"I'm happy for you man. You deserve this. You worked hard for it." I said.

"Thanks man. Well, I'm having a concert in town soon. I'm gon hook you up with some tickets. Make for you and yo date." he said.

"How would you know I would have a date?" I asked.

"Because I know you. You act like you too good and all proper cause you some damn professor, but I know you steady gettin pussy." he said with a laugh.

"True. Well let me know when the concert is. I'll be there to support you bruh. See you later." I said.

"See ya later." he said before hanging up.

I already knew just who I wanted to take to the concert. Quantis.

I know it was kinda boring
Just a filler. I was trying to introduce some more characters

Maliah Michel as Lucinda
Ravie Losoe as Veronica
Buggati Beez as Dashun