Brave

Emma was nervous for her appearance at court and mostly facing her rapist. She barely slept the night before and goes to Hope's room and takes her sleeping daughter and puts her on her chest and hugs her. She loves holding Hope. She sits down on the rocking chair and watched Hope sleep. "I love you so much, Hope."
Killian knew his swan did not sleep and found her in Hope's room. He kisses Emma on the head. "Love, do you want to make you coffee?"
"No...I am good. I...do not need coffee."
He puts his hand on her shoulder. "You still have enough time to sleep, we have a few hours before we need to wake up, love." Emma nods her head yes and brings Hope with them back to bed. Killian snuggled with his wife and daughter, Emma felt safe in Killian's arms and love her daughter sleeping with her and fell fast asleep. When their alarm went off, Killian woke up first to make his family breakfast and coffee for his swan. Emma wakes up when she hears Hope babbling. She smiles seeing Hope looking up at her. "Good morning, baby girl."
"Mommy."
Emma smiles big. "I love you so much." Hope hugs her Mommy. Emma sat up and enjoyed Hope's morning cuddles. It is like every morning, Hope needs her cuddles from her Mommy to wake up. "You always give me the best cuddles, Hopey." She nurses Hope and laid down face Hope after she was burped. "Hope, Mommy has to go to court today. The mean man that hurt Mommy wants to leave prison so he can hurt more women. I remember what he looked like when he hurt me when I was living on the street. You were growing in my belly when I caught him at the airport. Once I heard his voice, I knew it was him on my line. When I had that bad feeling of him nearby me, you were moving around inside of me. You were telling me that I can call the police. He was arrested. I told the cop what he did to me. The police told me that he hurt many many women all over the country." Hope babbles. "You think I was very brave?" Hope smiles. "I am brave? Do you think I can tell the court what the mean man did to me while he is in the room?" Hope babbles and reaches out to her Mommy's face. Emma smiles. Her daughter believes in her. Killian sees his wife and little lass in their room and brings Emma a cup of coffee. "Morning, love. Did you get some sleep?"
"Yes, I got a few hours of sleep until our little duckling woke me up." She tickles Hope making her laugh.
"You need some caffeine to stay awake in court today."
"I know." She gets the mug of hot coffee from her husband. "Thank you for making it."
"You are welcome, love." They kiss. While she was sipping her coffee, Killian was playing with their daughter. "Aah-ahh."
"Da-da."
"Aah-ahh."
"Hope is saying my Dada is home today." Killian smiles. Hope babbles.
"You are just happy to have dada and Mommy home together." Killian holds Hope and gave her kisses on the cheek. Hope babbles.
"Hopey, you want to give Dada kisses?" She kisses Killian on the cheek. Hope chews on the cheek. Killian smiles big as Emma took photos on her iPhone. "She is giving you kisses."
Killian smiles, enjoying Hope giving him kisses her own way. "Little love, Mommy wants kisses." Hope turns to her Mommy as Emma faces her daughter. Hope grabbed her Mommy's face and chewed on her cheek giving her kisses. Emma smiles big loving her daughter giving her sloppy kisses. Killian and Emma had breakfast together, Emma had Hope on her lap as she was eating. She kisses Hope on the head as Hope was babbling away. Killian gave Hope cut up scrambled eggs. "This is going to be the first time, you and I both going to be away from Hope."
"Love, Hope will have Allison watching her. She loves her auntie."
"You are right." She hugs her daughter. Hope gripped her Mom's hand with her egg covered hand. "Hopey, are you enjoying your eggs that Daddy made you?" Hope babbles. "They are yummy?" Hope babbles again. "Yes, dada is a great cook."
Killian smiles enjoying seeing Emma talking to their daughter. Killian kneels to his little love. "Little love, what do you want Dada to cook tonight for dinner?" Hope gripped her Daddy's face and she babbled to him. "Emma, I think Hope is saying we should have tacos for dinner."
Emma smiles. "Hope, that is a great idea, baby girl." She and Killian gave Hope kisses.
As Emma was getting dressed for court, Killian was with Hope in her room, he changed Hope's diaper and changed her into a cute outfit of baby jeans, with a pink shirt with hearts and a bow bandana. "You are so cute, Hope. Your Mommy knows how to choose cute outfits." Hope makes poop. He changes Hope's diaper again. He sits on the rocking chair with Hope on the rocking chair. "Little love, Mommy needs to go to court today, to the court what the mean man did to Mommy so he can stay in prison." Hope babbles. "Yes, Dada is going to be with Mommy when she tells the court about the bad man. I am going to be with your Mommy when she tells them because Mommy was alone her whole life. When I met your Mommy, I never left her side.I am always there for her. Like Mommy and Daddy are here for you." Hope babbles. "Exactly, Hope. Mommy needs Dada today. He is going to protect her from the mean man who hurt her." Hope babbles. "Yes, every time Mommy sees this man, she gets very afraid. I am the one who is going to hold Mommy's hand to tell her that she is safe."
Hope smiles as chews on her Daddy's finger. "Aaa-ahh."
"You have a strong grip, little love."
Emma sees Killian talking to Hope,"Killian?"
Killian sees Emma in a light blue pantsuit with a black shirt, with her hair up in a ponytail. He was in awe. "Emma...you look very sophisticated."
Emma smiles. "Thank you, captain. I know you need to get ready."
"Aye, love. We need to leave soon." Emma scooped Hope into her arms. "Little love, Mommy is so beautiful, right?" Hope smiles. Emma smiles back and sat with Hope on the rocking chair. Killian goes to their room to change. "When Mommy and Daddy are at court today. You are going to have so much fun with Auntie Allison." Hope babbles. "Yes, you are going to have girl time with Mommy's sister." She hugs her daughter. "When I come home, we are going to snuggle." Hope hugs her Mommy. "I love you so much, Hope." She kisses Hope on the head. Allison arrives. "Hope, auntie is here." Emma brings Hope downstairs and sees her sister. "Hi, Al."
"Hi, Emma." They hug. "You look amazing."
"Thank you."
"Hi,Hope." Hope babbles.
"Hope is very excited to have one on one time with her auntie."
"I am very excited to spend time with my goddaughter. How are you, sis?"
"I barely slept...I am nervous."
"You are going to be great today." She hugs her sister. Allison knows Emma was nervous.
"Emma, do you want me to come with you? I can hold Hope during the trial."
"Killian and I do not want Hope to be there. I do not know how I will be...I do not want him to see her."
Allison hugs her sister. "Hope is going to be here with me, Emma. Just remember you have changed so much and have come so far in life. You have a family here with you."
"I have a sister and a family. I know that I am not alone anymore. I just have to make sure he stays in prison." Hope babbles. "You believe in me?" Hope smiles.
Killian arrives downstairs in a suit and tie. "Hope believes in you, swan. You are very brave." He hugs his swan. "We are all here for you, Emma."
Emma smiles."I am very lucky to have you all on my side. Killian, you look handsome."
"Thank you, love." They kiss. "Swan, we should be going."
"Yes, we should be going." She hugs Hope. "Hope, have fun with Auntie Allison. Mommy and Dada will be back soon." She kisses Hope on the head. "Allison, she did not nap yet. She had her breakfast. I have extra breastmilk in the refrigerator."
"Emma, Hope will have fun with me."
Killian takes Hope from Emma. "Little love, you are going to have fun with Auntie Allison. When Daddy and Mommy come home, we are going to snuggle and play." Hope smiles.
Allison hugs her sister. "Hope will be with me. You can do this, Emma." Emma hugs her sister back. "If you are up for it, we can talk about it when you get back."
Emma hugs her sister. "I am so happy that I have you on my side."
"I wouldn't be anywhere else. I am your big sis,I am here when you need me." Hope babbles.
"Killian, we cannot be late."
"Yes,love."
Allison takes Hope from Killian. "Killian, Hope is going to be with me. I know Emma needs you more than ever."
"Thank you, Allison." Emma kisses Hope on the head. Kilian led his swan outside. Allison waves Hope's hand and closes the door. "Hope, it is you and me." Hope began crying. Allison takes Hope upstairs to her bedroom and rocked Hope to sleep. "You are with Auntie Allison, your godmother." Hope falls asleep.
Killian drove himself and Emma to court. Emma was lost in thought wondering what was going to happen to see Neal Cassidy in person, she always gets flashbacks of her rape. She has not seen him in person since she saw him at check-in and reported him to the authorities. Killian held Emma's hand letting her know that he was at her side. "Emma, I am right here. You are not alone."
Killian parked the car when he found a spot nearby the courthouse. "Killian.."
Killian hugs his swan. "I am right here, Emma."
Emma began crying. "I am afraid...afraid of what will happen...I always get flashbacks when I see him. I am afraid that I will have a flashback in front of the court and not be able to tell them what happened. Of what he has done to me. I want him to stay in prison."
"You can do this Emma. I am going to be right there with you when you tell the court what that bloody Neal has done to you." Emma cried more into Killian.
Killian hugs his wife and rubs her back. "You are safe with me, love. I know you are going to say what he has done to you. You are going to do great today. I am going to be right there with you. You are not alone, Emma."Emma hugged him tightly. "I am going to be right at your side when you talk to the court. You have me with you,Emma." She slowly stopped crying knowing she had Killian at her side. "I am a mess crying my eyes out which ruined makeup."
"You beautiful, love."
Emma chuckles. "That is what you think." She used a makeup wipe to lean her face off and re-did her makeup and added red lipstick.
"That is much better, swan." Emma smiles. They kiss. Killian helped Emma out of the car, she took his hand and they walked together to the courthouse. "I am right here, Emma."
Back at the Swan-Jones house, Allison was snuggling with sleeping Hope. She got a facetime call from her Mom. "Hi, Mom."
"Hi, Allison. Are you with Hope and Emma?"
"I am babysitting Hope. Emma and Killian at court. Emma's rapist wants parole."
"Oh my gosh."
"Emma and the rest of the victims are telling the court today to keep him in prison. Killian is with her. I took the day off to watch Hope."
"How is Emma?"
"She was nervous and afraid, before they left."
"How is my grandson?"
Allison smiles. "Connor is with Ted. He is taking Connor to the zoo. He wants to show our son the animals." Hope wakes up. "Hi, little niece. Did you have a nice nap?" She kisses Hope on the head. "Grandma is on my iPhone."
"Hope." Hope smiles. "Hi, sweetie. Grandma misses you so much. I heard you are having girls day with Aunt Allison." Hope babbles and grabs Allison's iPhone and chews on it.
"Hope." Allison takes her iPhone from her niece. "Hope, you like giving kisses to Grandma?" Hope babbles. "Yes."
"Allison, Hope is having fun with you."
"Yes, she just had her nap." Hope fusses. Allison settles Hope down and letting her scoot around, showing her Mom. Allison sits nearby Hope and places her iPhone nearby her so her Mom can see Hope scooting around her bedroom. "Hopey, come to auntie, sweetie." Hope smiles and scoots to Allison. "Good, Hopey. You are getting stronger in your scooting, pretty soon you will be crawling around with Connor." Hope babbles and grabs Allison's hair.
"Allison, she is getting so big."
"Yes, she is getting bigger every day." Hope babbles and moves around. Allion helps Hope stand up.
"Hope's room is so pretty."
"Emma designed the whole room herself. This is your first time seeing it?"
"Yes. Emma always phone calls me. Never facetime me..."
"Mom, Emma has been very busy worrying about this court, about her attacker. I am nervous about her. She always gets flashbacks whenever she sees him or mentions him...especially today...she has to tell the court of what he had done to her with him there..." Hope began crying knowing Allison was upset. "Mom, I will talk to you later." Allison ends the facetime call and scooped Hope into arms. "Hope...Hope.I am not mad." She hugs her niece. "Auntie is nervous about Mommy in court. I know your Mommy is being very brave. She is not alone. Your Daddy is with your Mommy. He is always there for her."
"Aaa-ahh."
"Yes, your daddy is with your Mommy." Hope fusses. "You are hungry. Let's get you something to eat."
Hope was crying more after Allison bottled fed her milk. She gave Hope chopped up bananas which calmed down her niece. "Is bananas yummy?" Hope smiles.
She knew Hope missed Emma and Killian. "Mommy..."
"Mommy will be home soon." She rubs Hope's back and gets an idea. Allison brought a cute Ariel dress for her little goddaughter, and she changed Hope into her new dress. "Hopey, you look so beautiful in your Ariel dress." Hope smiles at herself in the mirror. Allison kissed Hope on the head knowing she can cheer up her goddaughter-niece. She brought Hope downstairs to the living room. She gets a phone call from Ted. "Hi,honey."
"Hi,Allison. How is having a girl time with Hope?"
"We are having fun. Hope is wearing the dress I got her at the disney store. How is our little man?"
"He is taking a nap.He loved the zoo. We are on the way back from the Bronx. How is Emma?"
"I don't know,I have not heard from Emma or Killian. I do not think they get cell reception in court or they are still in the trial.I am worried about Emma."
"Allison, Killian is with her. She is going to be okay, after telling the court about her rape she will feel relieved."
"You are right. We are babysitting Hope at our house on Thursday for Emma and Killian's wedding anniversary night."
"Are we having a family sleepover that night?"
"I do not know. Maybe." Hope babbles.
"I will see you tonight."
"Yes. Give Connor a hug from me."
"I will." They ended their phone conversation.
Emma was shaking with nerves as her and Killian were waiting outside in the hall, not in the courtroom until she was told to enter the room to talk to the court, seeing a lot of people, victims, the jury and a female judge. Killian held his wife's hand. Emma leaned into him as he hugs her. "You are going to do brilliant today, love. I just know it because you are my very brave swan." When Emma's name was announced Killian held Emma's hand. "I am right, here Emma. You are not alone." Emma was shaking with nerves. They entered the court, full of people. She saw him, Neal Cassidy, with his hair longer and miserable looking. Emma gripped Killian's hand. "He is not going to hurt you, Emma. I am right here." They sat down in the back. Killian wrapped his arm around his wife. The judge announced that the victims can begin victim impact statements. When it was Emma's turn, Killian walked with her holding her hand. "Stay nearby."
"I am staying right behind you. Emma, you can do this." Emma went to the podium to face the judges and the jury. She saw Neal Cassidy, he looked so weak and a pathetic jerk from the last time she saw him at the airport. She wrote down what she was going to say and gave the paper to Killian. "Emma?"
"I do not need it." Emma gave Killian a look that she is going to be alright. She knew what she was going to say. "My name is Emma. I was sixteen years old. I was a homeless runaway foster child. I was living on the streets. On the evening, I was attacked on the way back from the alleyway I was living in. I saw a shadow following me. The next thing I know, I was being hit against the wall and dragged to the ground and my jeans were getting torn off. I was yelling at him to get off me. The next thing, I knew he was inside of me, I was screaming to get out of me and telling him to stop. I was crying and screaming. He was just laughing at me as I cried and screaming at me as he was raping me. I saw a little light, seeing his face and his weight was heavy. I saw his dark brown hair in the little light. The next thing, I remember I blacked out. I woke up the next morning, covered in blood. I got pregnant...I found out by having a miscarriage when I found out in an abandoned bathroom. Almost a year ago, I was working at JFK airport in check in. I saw him at my check-in line. Once I saw him, I was not letting him escape again. I called security and got him arrested." She faced Neal who was shaking with nerves. "YOU raped me!! You hurt me!! Hurting women for fun and scaring them in pain and misery for the rest of their lives is wrong!! I am not afraid of you anymore, now that I see you as a weak, miserable and cowardly man! You are going to spend the rest of your life in misery for all of the pain you caused to every woman you hurt for your own messed up ways!!" She looks at the judge and the jury. "I was afraid of him for the last 12 years until now. Please keep him in prison where he belongs for the rest of life so he won't hurt any woman ever again."
The judge, "Thank you Mrs.Swan-Jones. I have one question for you?"
"Yes, judge?"
"What changed your mind about coming today?"
" I came here today to face him but also wanting to make sure he stays where he belongs in prison. I was not able to report him after he raped me. I am a mother now, I do not want my daughter or any other future girl to be hurt by a rapist like him."
The judge smiles. "Thank you for coming today Mrs.Swan-Jones." Emma smiles and walks back seeing Killian smiling so proud of his wife for being so brave and strong. He hugs her. "That is my swan." Emma smiles as he holds her hand and leads her back to their seat in the back. They sat down. He whispered in her ear. "You did amazing, Emma."
"Thank you. I have you right at my side with me."
Killian hugs her. "I am not going anywhere, Emma." Emma leaned her head against his shoulder, and couldn't believe that she faced her rapist. The court continued hearing many other testaments from Neal's other rape victims, very similar stories to Emma. After all of the victims spoke the jury went to talk and a break from the trail. They waited outside of city hall and got Starbucks. Killian knew Emma was nervous on what the jury and judge would decide on what Neal Cassidy, release or stay in prison. He holds her hand. "I am worried...if he gets to be released and on patrol. He can continue hurting women all over again."
Killian hugged his swan. "All of the victims had similar tales of him, love. He will stay in prison where he belongs."
They returned to the courtroom and sat back in the same seats. Everyone sat down after the judge entered the room. The Jury passed a letter to the judge and the judge nodded. The bailiff returned the paper to the jury. "The defendant please rise." Neal stands up with his lawyer. A woman from the jury stood up. "Jury how do you find the defendant?" Emma gripped Killian's hand.
"We find the defendant Neal Cassidy, guilty. He is not leaving prison ever." All of the victims cheered with joy.
Neal was furious and started screaming his head off. "No!! No, I want parole!!"
"Neal Cassidy, you hurt many women. You are not ever going to get out ever again."
Emma was in shock and in happy tears, she did it, he is not going to leave prison ever again. "Killian...it is true."
"Yes, Emma. It is true."
"I did it!"
"Yes, you did, Emma." Killian hugged his wife. After court, Killian drove his swan home.
They find Allison helping Hope walk around in the living room. "Look, Hope who is home. Mommy."
"Mommy!"
Emma smiles as she scoops Hope into her arms. "Hi, Hope. I missed you so much today." Hope hugs her Mommy. "Did Auntie Allison bought you a pretty Ariel dress?" Hope babbles. "You look so pretty, Hope." She kisses Hope on the cheek. "I missed you all day, sweetie."
"Ahh-ahh."
Killian takes Hope from Emma. "Hi, little love. Did you have a fun day with Auntie Allison?" Hope babbles a lot. "Oh, really you had a lot of fun today!"
"Emma, how was it?"
Emma smiles. "He is not getting parole! He is staying in prison!"
Allison screams with joy and hugged her sister. "Emma!"
"Allison, you should have seen Emma, she was amazing at telling the court everything and screaming him!"
"Oh really! Tell me everything!" Hope babbles.
"Hope, I will tell you and Auntie about my day." Hope babbles. Emma sat down on the couch and told Allison the whole court day. Killian gives Hope to Emma.
"Mommy."
"You are with me, baby girl." She kisses her on the head and looks at her sister. "I saw him looking weak. I just knew he was not going to hurt me anymore.I told the court what he had done to me. I told every detail and I faced him and yelled at him. I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders after I was done." I am so proud of you." Hope babbles.
Emma helps Hope stand up and faces her little girl. "Hopey, Mommy faced her fear. I made sure that the bad man that hurt Mommy stay in prison where bad people belong. Mommy told the court what the bad man did to hurt Mommy. The bad is staying in prison where he belongs." Hope babbles. "Yes, like when I told the cops the story when you were growing inside of my belly." Hope smiles.
"Your daughter is very proud of you. I am so proud of my little sis." They hug. Killian orders in Chinese food for them.
Allison gets a phone call, it was Ted. "Hi, Ted."
"Hi, Allison. We are outside."
Allison smiles. "Ted and Connor are here." She rushes the door and let them in. Connor was crying. "Connor." She scooped her son into her arms. "Connor, you are with me. You are with me." She kisses him on the head and rubs his back. "Killian is ordering in Chinese. Emma had a good day in court."
"He is staying in prison?"
"Yes." Allison got her son to stop crying and carried him to Emma and Hope. "Emma, Connor is here."
Emma smiles."Hi, Connor. I know you are very happy that you're with your Mommy." She rubs his cheek. "Mama...Em-em."
"Yes, we are with Auntie Emma and Hope." Connor hugs his Mommy. "I missed you all day, baby boy." Hope babbles, Connor babbles back. "Connor, do you want to play with Hope?" Connor babbles loudly. "I am pretty sure they want to play, big sis."
They let the babies play. Connor was playing close to his Mommy. "Mama is right here, little man." Ted sits next to Allison as she played with Connor.
Hope crawls to her Mommy. Emma puts Hope on her lap. "Mommy."
"Hopey." She kisses Hope on the head. Killian joins them on the couch.
"Aaa aah."
"Dada is right here, little love." Hope grabbed his face. He kisses her on the cheek. Emma smiles at her family, everyone was here together on her big day. She is not afraid of that man any more since he is staying in prison. She had Killian at her side and now they were home with their family. Emma joins Killian tickling Hope. They were both looking forward to their wedding anniversary in two days.
Picture of Emma's outfit, similar to this: