Baptism

The night before Hope's christening, which was early in the morning, Emma was nervous and preparing Hope's outfit and making sure her diaper bag was packed. Killian was holding Hope in his arm who was wide awake cooing. "Your Mommy is making sure that you have everything ready for you christening ceremony tomorrow." Hope cooed. "You are right little love, your Mommy does not have to be worried because it will be a great day for you to celebrate entering God's family." Hope smiled. "That is right, Hope. You are in the Swan-Jones family. Now you are going to be in God's family in church tomorrow." Hope cooed. "Aye, let's go check on your Mommy, little love." He brings Hope into the nursery. "Emma, Hope wants her Mommy."

"Hope Mommy will hold you in a minute sweetie. I just want to make sure that I have everything ready for tomorrow." Just like on cue, Hope began to cry. Emma stopped what she was doing and gets her daughter from Killian. "Hope...Hope Mommy got you. Mommy is here." She kisses her daughter on the head. Hope gripped her Mommy. "Hope, I just wanted to be prepared for your special day tomorrow. I am sorry for not holding you right away." Hope continued to cry.

"Love, I will check if you forgot anything for Hope tomorrow. Hope wants to spend time with you."

"Thank you."

"You are welcome, love." They kiss.

Emma sits down on the glider with Hope. "Hope, Mommy is here...Mommy got you..." She rubbed Hope's back and calmly spoke to her until Hope stopped crying. "Mommy just wants your special day tomorrow to be perfect. I never had anyone to care about me on my special day until I met your Daddy. I am your Mommy and I want to be there for you on your special occasions whether it is your baptism, communion, dance recitals, open houses, or bringing you to school...I do not want to miss any of it Hope. I am your Mommy and I am going to be there for you all the time." Hope cooed and placed her hand on her chest, which made Emma smile. "Yes, you know that I will always be there for you because I love you so much. I do not have to be perfect, for you, you love me for me." She kisses Hope on the head and enjoyed her one on one time with Hope. Killian seeing his two loves having one on one time. "Love, hope loves you so much."

"Yes, Hope loves me so much. I do not have to be perfect for Hope. I just need to be me."

"Aye, that is right. Hope loves you for who you are her Mommy and I love you for who you are my beautiful smart wife." They kiss. Hope moved in her sleep. "Hope, are you happy to be with mommy?" Hope moved around until she got comfy on her Mommy.

"She loves sleeping on me. Mommy loves you sleeping on me Hope." She kisses Hope on the head. Hope smiles in her sleep.

The next morning, Emma woke up early and nursed Hope. "Hope, are you going to be a good girl for Mommy and Daddy in church today?" Hope gripped her. "Don't worry, sweetie. Mommy will be holding you the entire time." Killian wakes up hearing Emma talking to Hope.

"Hope, Daddy is going to be right next to you and Mommy little love." He wrapped his arm around his wife and daughter and kisses Emma on the head. After Hope was nursed and burped, "Hope, time to get you dressed in your special dress." She kisses Hope on the cheeks.

"Do you want me to help you get her dress?"

"Yes, you can. Hope, daddy is going to see your new dress." Hope ahh. They go into Hope's room and Emma puts Hope on her changing table. Killian changes Hope out of pajamas and tickles her belly. Emma gets Hope's baptism dress out of it's box. "Hope, I got your dress." Hope cooed.

"Love, Hope is going to wear that?"

"Yes, Killian. Hope tried on a few dresses at the mall and she did a fashion show for Allison and Connor. Allison and I agreed that this dress looks the best on our baby girl."