Family of Four

The next morning, Henry woke up realizing he is in his own room and with a family that cares about him. He walks around seeing Emma and Killian both fast asleep. He hears babbling and heads to Hope's room whose room is next door to his. He sees Hope standing up in her crib holding on to the crib rail. Henry enters the room smiling. "Hi, Hope." Hope babbles. "My name is Henry. I am your new big brother." Hope babbles. "You want to play?" Hope makes a loud sound. Henry did his best to lift her out of the crib, her wires from the sleep apnea got caught in the rail, Hope began crying.

Emma and Killian came rushing in. "Hope!" Emma gets Hope from Henry and untangles it. Henry knew he was in trouble and ran. "Hope, did Henry take you out of your crib and your sleep apnea wires got tangled?" She comforts her daughter. "You are okay." She rocked Hope and kisses her on the head. "You are okay...shh...shh." Hope hugs her Mommy.

"Emma, I got Henry." Emma nods her head yes. Killian finds Henry in his bedroom sitting in a corner covering his face crying. He remembers when he was a little lad afraid of his father's beating. He kneeled down to Henry. "Henry." Henry cried more. "Henry, you are not in trouble, lad. Hope's sleep apnea wire got tangled up that is all. You are not going to get hit here. In our family, we do not hit or beat anyone."

Henry looks at Killian. "Emma is going to be mad at me and not going to be nice to me anymore. I made Hope cry."

"No, lad. Henry, you are not in trouble for making Hope cry. Emma is not going to be mad at you. You were trying to get Hope out of her crib but her wire got caught. Emma knows that it was not on purpose, it was the wire fault for scaring Hope." Henry was not responding to him, he was still crying. He laid his hand on Henry's back and rubbed his back. "You are not in any trouble, lad. No one is going to hurt you here. Because when I was a young lad, my own father hurt me so much and he drank a lot. One day, when I was seven years old, he left us. He took everything but my brother and my rooms. My big brother called our grandparents. They took us in and adopted us. We were safe with them. I promised myself I would never ever be like my awful father. Emma was in many foster parents who used to hit her. That is why Emma and I do not hit. You are safe here, Henry. You are never ever going to hurt here, Henry." Henry heard in Killian's voice that he was not in trouble and jumped onto Killian's arms. "You are not in any trouble, Henry. You are safe here. If anyone in school hurts you you tell me and Emma and we will make sure your bullies get punished." Henry felt safe with Killian. Emma carried Hope to the next room seeing Killian on the floor with Henry in his arms talking to him and comforting him. She smiles seeing Killian being an amazing Daddy to their new son. "Dada."

"Dada is with Henry, sweetie. He is cheering Henry up." Hope babbles. "Dada is the best Dada for you and Henry." Hope babbles. "He loves you so much. He loves Henry so much." When Henry was not crying anymore, Emma joins the boys on the floor holding Hope. "Henry, you are not in any trouble. Hope is not hurt, her wires just got caught in the crib that is all. Hope is not mad at you." Hope babbles. "You do not like seeing your big brother sad?" Hope babbles. "Yes, we do not like seeing Henry sad."

"Dada."

Killian takes Hope from Emma. "You are with dada, little love." Hope babbles and points at Henry. "Henry is sad. He wants to play with you when he feels better."

Emma faces Henry. "Henry. I am not mad at you. You did not hurt Hope. You just wanted to take Hope out of her crib, so you can play with her. Right?"

"Yes, I just wanted to get to know my sister. I do not want you to be mad at me, Emma."

Emma hugs Henry. "Oh Henry, I am not mad at you. You did not do anything wrong." She kisses him on the head. "You are not in any trouble."

"You are not going to hit me right?"