Holiday Season

It is December now, it is winter in New York City. Killian returns home from work, he sees his two loves in the living room, Emma singing to Hope. Emma was sitting on the couch with her knees up with Hope, sitting on Emma's stomach. He watches from the living room entrance recording her singing to Hope on his iPhone, his wife and daughter one on one time. "Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are up above the world so, like a diamond in the sky, twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are." Emma claps Hope's hands when the song was over, which made Hope smile. "You like the song, Hope?" Hope babbled. "Yes, you love when Mommy sings to you." She gives Hope multiple kisses on her cheek and makes her laugh. Emma and Killian were both surprised. "Hope, you are having your first laugh baby girl." Emma continued to kiss Hope's cheek and made her laugh more and Emma laughed with her with tears of joy. "Hope, you can laugh now. Too bad your daddy is not here to hear it."
"Aye, I am here love." He wrapped his arms around his wife.
"Killian your home! Hope daddy is home and heard your first laugh."
He joins his family on the couch. "Yes, I been home. I watched you singing to Hope. I recorded you singing to our little love and Hope's first laugh."
"You did?"
"Yes, I did love." He kisses Hope on the cheek and makes Hope laugh. They laugh with her. Killian and Emma took turns making Hope laugh until Hope got tired, she napped on her Mommy with Emma snuggling with Killian and he wrapped his arms his two loves. "Killian, our little Hope just had her first laugh."
"Aye, she did. Her laugh is so contagious."
"Yes, it is very contagious. I just am so happy that you were here to hear with me, one of daughter first of many milestones."
"I cannot wait to see her milestones with you on my side, love."
"Me too." She kisses him on the cheek.
"Being with my two loves is the best part of the day."
"Yes, we missed you today."
"I missed you both of my two loves today. I am off tomorrow."
"We can spend family time together tomorrow. Hope missed her Daddy today."
"Aye, you don't say. "
"Yep. We both missed you today. I am just glad you were here to witness Hope's first laugh with me."
"Since my two loves missed me today, how about you, me and Hope we buy our Christmas tree tomorrow."
"Killian, that is a great idea. Our first Christmas as a family with Hope."
"Aye, our little love's first Christmas with us."
"Last Christmas I was pregnant with Hope, I did not know about her until January. I had a special gift on Christmas, which was the best gift of all."
"Aye, she is our special gift. You told me that you were pregnant around my birthday that you were pregnant with her. Becoming a Daddy is the best gift ever for Christmas and birthday present." Killian rubbed Hope's cheek.
"Hope is our best gift ever."
"Aye, she is love. Hope loves her Mommy and her Daddy. She is here with us, healthy, happy and safe."
"That is right. She is with us and our daughter." They kiss.
The next day, Killian drove his family to buy a Christmas tree in a tree lot. Hope was bundled up in a pink winter coat and a white winter hat. Emma wearing a red winter coat, her gray beanie hat and gloves, she gets Hope out of her car seat. "Hope, we are going to get a Christmas tree for us to decorate. You can help Daddy and Mommy to choose the tree." Emma carried Hope and walked with Killian to choose the tree for them to buy.
"Love, how big the tree do you want the tree?"
"Big enough to fit in our living room that is for sure."
"Aye, not too big and not too small."
"That is right. Hope's first Christmas is going to be great."
"Aye, it will be, Hope will have Christmas with us, her aunt, uncle, and cousin."
"That is right we are having Allison, Ted, and cousin for Christmas. My sister is joining us...I still cannot believe that I have a sister."
"Yes, your sister is in our family, Emma." Emma and Killian looked at different trees. They chose the right one for their family. "Hope, look a the green tree that Mommy and Daddy are buying a Christmas tree." She shows Hope the tree, Hope grabbed it. "Hope, you like it?" Hope smiled.
"Little love, did Daddy and Mommy chose the right tree to decorate for Christmas?" He kisses Hope's cheek and makes her smile.
"Killian, Hope agrees with us on this one."
"Aye, this one it is." They kiss. Killian bought the tree and had a worker helped him tight it on their car. It started to snow.
"Hope, it is snowing outside baby girl. Your first snow." Hope babbled. "Yes, Hope. Snow is pretty but cold."
Killian took a picture of his two loves enjoying the first snow of the winter together. Emma pointing out snow to their daughter. Killian drove his family home. Emma gets a phone call from Allison. "Hi, Allison."
"Hi, Emma. How are you, Hope and Killian?"
"We are doing good. How are you, Connor and Ted?"
"We are doing good. I was wondering if you can babysit Connor tonight? Ted and I have to go to my hospital's holiday party. Our babysitter on us just canceled last minute."
"Hold on." Emma covered her phone. "Killian."
"Yes, love?"
"Allison's work has a hospital party that she and Ted are attending. Their babysitter for Connor canceled on the last minute. They want us to babysit Connor."
"Love, we can have our little nephew over. He and Hope can play together and helped me with the Christmas tree." Emma gets back on the phone with her sister. "Allison, Killian and I can babysit Connor tonight. If you need to Connor can sleepover."
"Thank you, Emma. We will bring Connor over at 5:00 pm."
"Great, we will see you soon." They hang up. "Looks like Hope and Connor are going to have a lot of playtime tonight. They are bringing him over around 5:00 pm."
"We can start the tree when we get home."
"I have a feeling we need to put the baby gates around the tree and the stairs when Connor is over."
"Aye, he is starting to crawl now?"
"Yes, he is captain we have to keep a close eye on him."
"Aye, we will." He parked the car and shoveled the snow before letting Emma and Hope out of the car. Emma brought Hope inside and keep the door open for her husband. They made space for the Christmas tree before they went out and bought the tree. He places the tree in the stand. "Hope, there is a Christmas tree in our living room. We are going to decorate it." Hope babbled. "Yes, Christmas is always in the winter when it is cold outside, snowing and we need to keep warm."
"Love, I am about to lite the fire in the fireplace. Once I get the ornaments.."
"Killian..."
"Love, it is cold outside and it is Christmas season. I want our house to be warm and cozy."
"Hope, your daddy taught me about to get ready for Christmas when I moved in with him. He loves the holidays. I know you will love the holiday seasons like him. "
"Love, I love the holidays with my family. Hope, your Mommy and Daddy are going to give the best Christmas for your first one little love." He kisses Hope on the cheek. "I will be right back. I have to get the last box of ornaments from the attic." Killian goes to the attic. Hope began to cry.
"Hope, are you hungry? Let's get you fed so we can help Daddy decorate our Christmas tree." She kisses Hope on the cheek and sits down on the couch and nurses Hope. Killian was in the attic, he remembers always helping Liam and his grandparents bringing the Christmas ornaments downstairs. Now he has his own child, Hope will help him get ready for Christmas with Emma every year, a new family tradition. He brings down the last of the ornaments to the living room. "I go the last of the ornaments."
"Great, we will start when Hope is done eating." Killian lite the fire in the fireplace. "Hope, Daddy got a fire going in the fireplace. It is very hot. We do not touch the fire. If you touch the fire, you will get hurt very bad." Hope gripped her Mommy. "It is okay, sweetie. As long you do not go near the fire, you won't get hurt."
"Aye, we have to tell that to our nephew."
"Yes, we have to keep a close eye on him when he is over." Hope was done eating and Emma burped her. Hope snuggled on her Mommy. Emma places the soft carrier on herself and placed Hope in it. "Now, you can be with me while I help Daddy decorate the Christmas tree." Killian and Emma decorated the Christmas tree together. They helped each other adding Christmas lights on the tree. "Emma, I bought something for Hope."
"Oh, really?"
"Aye, I did." He gives Emma a small box. She opens the box, which was a sparkly gold Christmas ornament which said, "Hope Swan-Jones first Christmas December 25, 2018." Emma was in awe. "Hope, Daddy got you your first Christmas ornament."
"Aye, I did love. I wanted Hope's first Christmas with us to be special and remembered every year."
"Of course, it will be. Hope made us parents. She is our very special Christmas gift."
"Aye, to our little love. She is our special Christmas gift."
"The ornament is beautiful and it is perfect." She hugs her husband. "I cannot wait for our Christmas ornaments in the future knowing Hope will make them in school or with us."
"Aye, I cannot wait to see that."
"Yes, Captain you are right." They kiss.
"I love making new traditions."
"Me too. You got me into the holidays."
"Aye, everyone deserves love and family on holidays. I had to show you because I loved you since I met you."
She wrapped her arms around his neck."You definitely showed me to love the holidays. If it weren't for you, I would still hate the holidays. Now, that I have you who taught me and we have Hope. I cannot wait to celebrate it with our family."
"I too love." They kiss. "Our first family Christmas."
"Yes, our first family Christmas." They kiss. Killian gave Emma their daughter, Emma and Hope decorated the tree together, Killian took a lot of pictures of his two loves decorating their family tree. He is so happy to have their family together, his two loves, which he always dreamt of, family time in the holiday season, which has always been special for him. Now he is passing on his family traditions to Emma and Hope, the next generation. "Are you ready to have two babies in the house tonight?"
"Aye, I am. How about you love?"
"This will be the first of many times that we will babysit our nephew."
"Aye, I can already imagine that already."
Emma smiled. "I know Hope and Connor will have fun tonight. With your on my side, I know babysitting Connor will be easier."
"Aye, I have a feeling you and I will chase him around."
"Me too, captain." They heard the door open.
"Emma."
Emma and Killian go to greet Allison and her family. "Hi, Allison. You look gorgeous."
"Hi, Emma.Thank you both so much for watching Connor tonight."
"You are welcome. Hi, Connor." Emma kisses her nephew on the cheek. "Connor you are just in time to help Auntie Emma and Uncle Killian decorate our Christmas tree."
"Connor, did you hear that you get to help Auntie Emma decorate her Christmas tree! I told you that you will have fun tonight." She kisses her son on the cheek.
Hope woke up from her nap. "Hi, Hope. Connor is here." Hope babbled. "Yes, he is here to play with you."
"Is there room for them to play?"
"We can make room." They entered the living room seeing boxes everywhere, the tree was almost complete with a fire was light in the fireplace. Killian and Ted moved around boxes for the babies to play. "Wow, your living room looks very Christmas time."
"Thank you, Allison. You have to thank, Killian. It was all of his Christmas traditions that he passed onto me and Hope."
"I know to celebrate with you my sister Christmas will very special."
Emma wrapped his arm around her sister."Yes, it will be very special because I have my sister with me." Hope babbled. "Yes, Hope. Christmas will be very special because you made us a family." She kisses Hope on the cheek and makes her laugh.
"Emma, Hope is laughing."
"Yes, Hope had her first laugh yesterday, it is so cute. Do you want to hold her?"
"Yes, we can switch babies." Emma hands over Hope to Allison and she gets Connor from her sister. "Hi, Hope. Auntie is here." She kisses Hope on the head. "Emma, Connor has been crawling a lot. Are you sure that you can watch him?"
"Allison, Connor is going to just fine with us. I have a feeling Killian and I will chase him around all night. Connor, are you going to have fun with me, Hope and Uncle Killian?" Connor smiled and tugged her hair. "Connor." She gave him kisses which made him laugh. "Allison, Connor will have fun with us tonight. I have a feeling that I will be his favorite babysitter." Hope and Connor fussed in Emma and Allison's arms. "Connor, you want to play with Hope?" They set the babies down, Hope did tummy time while Connor was crawling around. "Whoa." Emma picks up her nephew and puts him far away from the tree and fireplace. "Little man, you cannot to the fire." She puts him on her lap.
"I know he is starting to crawl around."
"Killian, can you please put one of the baby gates around the tree and fireplace? Ted, can you please let there fire out?"
"Aye, love. Ted and I will get on it now."
Killian gets the baby gates and Ted lessens the fire. Hope began to cry. Allison gets her niece. "Hope, Auntie Allison got you, sweetie. While Ted is getting the fire out. The babies should not be in here."
"You are right. We can take them to my room." They take the babies to Emma and Killian's room. Hope did tummy time on her parent's bed while Connor crawled around on the bed and babbled to Hope.
"Are you looking forward to your hospital party tonight?"
"Yes, I am. It is the first time that Connor won't be with me or Ted."
"Allison, Connor is going to be with me. He is going to have fun with Hope, Killian, and I. How long is the hospital party?"
"It is until 11:00 pm. I am not sure how long we will be there." Connor crawled to his Momma. She picks up her son. "Are you going to have fun tonight with your Auntie Emma?" Connor smiled.
"Allison, you, Connor and Ted can sleepover tonight."
"We would love too. I definitely want gossip with my sister after my first night out with Ted without my little guy." She kisses Connor on the belly.
"We are gossipping tonight."
Allison hugged her son.
"Mama." Allison gasped and smiled big. She lifts up her son face to face.
"Connor say that again."
"Mama." Emma smiled big watching Connor's first word with her sister.
Allison screamed. "Connor your first word!" She hugs her son as she was crying. Ted and Killian rush upstairs hearing Allison screaming.
"Allison, what is wrong?" Ted sits next to his wife and son.
Allison still crying. "Connor is...Connor says it again..."
"Mama." Connor smiled.
"Allison, Connor is talking?"
"Yes, our son said his first word." Allison hugs her son and Ted wrapped his arm around his wife and son. "Connor, Daddy is so proud of you."
"Hope, Connor said his first word." Hope babbled. "Yes, you will be talking very soon."
"Love, do you want to finish the tree downstairs?"
"Sure, we can. We can give them alone time." Killian and Emma bring Hope downstairs.
"Ted, our little boy is starting to talk."
"Yes, he is. He is getting so big." Connor was in his Mommy's arms. "I have a feeling his next word will be Da-da."
Allison smiles. "Connor, Mommy is so proud of you talking. You are getting so big."
"Mama."
"Yes, mama." She hugs her son. "I am so happy I did not miss your first word. I am feeling that I am missing out so much Ted."
"Allison, you are not missing any of his moments. He said mama, to you. Connor wanted you to be there for his first word. You were there for his first word, not me, you."
Allison lets Connor hold her finger. "Connor did you wanted to say your first word my name to me?"
"Mama."
"Yes, Connor. Mama." She kisses him on the head. "I am your mama. Mommy loves you so much." She kisses him on the head again. "Ted, when we get back here. I am going to snuggle Connor all night."
"You mean snuggle with Connor and gossip with your sister all night."
Allison chuckled. "Yes, you are right. I am looking forward to having a few hours with you alone, kid-free time."
"I am looking forward to that."
"Does that mean you will dance with me?"
"Yes, I will. I do have dance moves."
Allison giggles. "We should be going. I know Connor will have fun with my sister and Hope tonight."
"He will be happy with his aunt Emma, Uncle Killian, and Hope. He will be with them, not a stranger."
"He is going to be with our family who knows him and love him. You and I get some alone time."
"We have not had alone time in seven months."
"I know. We should be going. I do not want to be too late." Allison carries Connor downstairs.
Killian and Emma continue to work on their Christmas tree together. Hope fussed in her Mommy's arms. "Killian, someone wants her Daddy."
Killian gets his daughter from his wife. "Little love, do you want to help Daddy decorate our Christmas tree?" Hope smiled. "You can help Daddy decorate." He held Hope in one arm and decorated the ornaments. He told her the colors and shapes of each ornament. Emma smiled loving how much Killian loving his one on one time with Hope and sharing Christmas traditions to their daughter. "When you are older next year, you are going to help us decorate our tree." He kisses Hope on the head. Hope reached out for an ornament. He hands her a pink ornament. "Here, you go little love." Hope held it in her hands. "You can hold it for Daddy." Emma took pictures of Killian and Hope decorating the tree together, her family moments that will last a lifetime. " hope, are you holding a pink ornament for Daddy?" Hope smiled and Emma kisses her on the head.
"Little love, this is the star that will go on top of our Christmas tree. This star was the sign that Jesus was born which lead the shepherds and three kings to see the newborn king." Emma hugs her husband and daughter. "I think a Christmas story of Jesus's birthday will be perfect for tonight's storytime."
"Love, that is a perfect idea. I have a feeling you have a few books on Christmas in our library love?"
"Yes, I bought a few recently."
"I know Hope and Connor will love storytime together."
"Yes, they will." They kiss. "Mommy is going to put the star on the very top. Next year you will put the star on the top of the tree." She kisses Hope on the head. Emma puts the gold star on top of their family tree. Killian points out to Hope when Emma put the star on the top of their tree. "Look, mommy is putting the star on our tree."
Emma smiled. "Next year, you will help me the star on our tree, Hope." She kisses Hope on her cheek. They hear Allison and Ted coming downstairs with Connor.
"Emma, thank you for watching Connor tonight."
"You are welcome, Allison."
"Connor. Mommy and Daddy are going out for a few hours. You get to stay here and play with Hope." She kisses her son on the head.
"Mama."
"Yes, mama. Connor. When I get back we will have a lot of snuggle time." She hugs her son. "Emma, I packed puree food and a few bottles of breast milk in his diaper bag."
"Allison, he will be with me and Killian. You and Ted have your night out."
"Connor, have fun with Auntie Emma." She hands over her son to her sister. "Emma, if something happens or he needs me. Please call."
"Allison, Connor will be with me. If anything happens, I will call. Connor you are going to have playtime with Hope."
"Bye, Connor. Momma will see you later." She kisses her son on the head.
Ted kisses his son on the head. "Be a good boy for Auntie Emma and Uncle Killian. We will see you later." Emma waves Connor's hand as they left. He began to cry. "Mama."
"Connor, Momma will be back later." She bounces Connor. "I know you miss your momma but she will come back soon because she will miss you as much you miss her."
"Hope, Connor misses his Mommy. Do you want to cheer him up? You can play with Connor?" Hope smiles and makes poop. "Diaper change and then playtime." Hope babbled. "Love, we will be right back." Killian changes Hope's diaper and changes her into her pajamas. "You get to have playtime with Connor." He brings Hope back downstairs, seeing Emma on the couch with Connor snuggling on her. "He fell asleep?"
"Yes, I spoke to him softly telling him he was his auntie, the I love him and he is safe with you and me and Hope. He calmed down and fell asleep on me." Hope fusses in her Daddy's arms.
"Little love, you see Connor with Mommy. Now you want Mommy?" Emma giggles.
"Just like when Hope was in the womb, she knew that I was holding Connor. She made her presence notice every time I held him. Even now." Emma rubs Hope's cheek. "Mommy loves you, Hope."
"Hope, Mommy has Connor. You have Daddy." Hope began to cry. "Emma, let me try a story with Hope. I do not want her to wake up Connor." Killian takes Hope into their library room. "Little love, Daddy got you...da-da. How about storytime." He picks up the book, "Christmas in the Manger." "Look Hope, a new book to read." He sits down on the chair with his daughter in his arms. "I am the star that shines in the east, I light the stable for man and beast..." Hope slowly stopped crying and listened to the story. 'I am the baby asleep in the hay, and I am the reason for Christmas day.' See little love, that is Jesus, the son of God. His birthday is very special to help good people in the world from the mean people." Emma held her sleeping nephew on her and watched Killian reading to Hope. He puts the book down and talks to his little lass. "On Christmas day, Mommy, Daddy, Connor, Auntie Allison, and Uncle Ted will come down here in our living room to open presents together. This is your first Christmas with Mommy, Daddy. This is also going to be Connor's first Christmas too. This Christmas is going to be special for Mommy and Auntie Allison's first Christmas together as sisters. This is going to be very special Christmas for all of us because it is our whole family first Christmas together." Hope babbled. "Aye, you are very excited to have our whole family together." Hope smiled. "Me too, little love."
Connor woke up and babbled. Killian looks up seeing his swan and nephew. "Little lad, are you awake?" Connor smiled.
"I think Connor wants storytime." Emma sits down next to her husband and daughter. She
"Aye, one story coming right up. Hope, we are going to read the story again." Hope babbled. "Yes, with Connor." Emma giggled. She gives Hope her finger and Hope grabs it.
"Now, we are ready for storytime."
Killian opens the book."I am the star that shines in the east, I light the stable for man and beast..." Emma loved seeing Killian reading to Hope and Connor, they were both listening to him.
Ted and Allison arrived at the hospital party location. Ted opens the car door for Allison. "Thank you."
"You are welcome. You look beautiful tonight."
"Awe, you are such a gentleman." They kiss. They walk in together and Allison sees her co-workers. Allison and Ted join her co-workers table. They ordered their dinners. There was dance music. Allison checks her iPhone from text messages from Emma.
Ted rubs his wife's shoulders. "Allison, Connor is with your sister. We need to enjoy a few hours alone."
"I know but this is the first time Connor is not with one of us."
"Yes, I understand. Connor is with your sister, his aunt who loves him as much as we do. She has babysat him before."
"Yes, they both have watched him when we had that fight."
"They love him as much as we do. Now, my beautiful wife would you like to dance with me?"
"Yes, Ted. I would love too." She puts her iPhone on their table. Ted leads her onto the dance floor with other couples dancing to a slow song. Allison leans onto her husband's chest as they danced together. "This is nice. Just the two of us."
"I do like dancing with my wife."
"We should do this more."
"We should..."
"Are you okay?"
"Can we talk outside?"
"Yes, we can." Allison and Ted go outside. "Allison, what is wrong?"
"I just been thinking ever since Connor has been born... my life has changed. Yes as a new Mom but...finding out Emma is my long lost sister and finding out that I was adopted at birth...now Emma and I are searching for our birth mom...so many changes. I did not expect to have a long lost sister...I love Emma so so much. I am really am happy that we have found each other. Finding out that my parents lied to me...how can they do that to me...lying to me my whole life...keeping Emma from me. Now I have Connor, I do not know how my parents did that to me...lying to me my whole life" Allison began to cry. Ted gave her his suit jacket and hugs her.
"How can they do that to me? Keeping Emma away from me, not telling me about my adoption. I hate going home on holidays...always felt misunderstood."
"I know that there are so many changes has happened since we became parents."
"I love Connor so so much. He is my little guy. I love being his Mommy...it is just how can my parents lied to me my whole life. I am so grateful for finding Emma because she is another version of me. I do feel different anymore..."
"Emma is your sister. She is in your life now, which matters."
"I did not expect all of these changes in my life about my past to come when I became a Mom. I have my sister someone who finally understands me..." She cries more. "I love Emma. I just wanted her in my life earlier." Ted hugs his wife.
"I know...Emma is in your life now..you delivered her daughter, our niece at her home, she is always there for you and you are always there for her. I know from how close you two are now, I can already see in our near future that we are going to have a lot of memories together as a family. We are going to spend every holiday with them>'
"Yes, I am really excited to celebrate our first Christmas with Connor, Hope and Emma my little sister."
"I know we are going to have a lot of sleepovers in each other houses."
"Are you annoyed that we are having sleepovers?'
"No, I am not. I have never ever seen you so happy when we go over to your sister's house or they come over to our house. That is what you should feel all the time whenever you are with family Allison, happy and full of love. I see that in your face whenever we are with Emma."
"You really do?"
"Yes, I see that all the time when you are with me, Connor, Emma, Killian, and Hope." Allison hugs her husband. "I love you so much."
"I love you too." They kiss.
"We need a date night more often."
"Yes, we need to; knowing we have your sister to watch Connor."
"I have a feeling that will happen a lot." They walk back inside together. "We are sleeping over Emma's house tonight."
"I thought I saw our overnight bags in our car." Allison giggles.
At the Swan-Jones house, Hope was crying and Connor wanted his auntie Emma. "Killian, does she need to be changed?"
"Her diaper is clean. I think she wants her Mommy."
"We should switch. Connor, Uncle Killian wants to play with you." They switched babies. Hope stopped crying once she was held by her Mommy and Connor began crying. "This is like having two children."
"Aye, that is right." He bounces and soothes Connor. "Little Connor, Uncle Killian got you."
"Do you think he is hungry?"
"Probably. I will heat up a bottle." Killian gets a bottle of Allison's breastmilk and heats it up. Killian feeds Connor his bottle of breastmilk in the living room. "There you go, little lad. You were just hungry." Emma had Hope snuggling on her. "How is our little love?"
"She is happy now. She just wanted her Mommy." She kisses sleeping Hope on the head. After Connor was fed, Connor crawled around their living room floor. Killian was chasing around Connor and playing with him. "I am going to get you ...I am going to get you..." He lifts up Connor. "I got you." He tickles Connor and kisses him on the belly. Killian helped Connor put ornaments on the Christmas tree. Emma took pictures of Connor and Killian bonding time. Emma laughs happily knowing Killian is the best uncle to their nephew and the best daddy for Hope. She cannot wait for them to both play with Hope when she begins to crawl around. For now, she is enjoying her snuggle time with her daughter. Connor began to cry. "Emma, I think it is someone's bedtime."
"Yes, it is their bedtime. Hope is already asleep." Emma puts Hope to bed after putting her sleep apnea monitor on her. Killian got Connor ready for bed and puts him in the pack and play in their guest room. Killian joined Emma on their bed and cuddled together. "How are you love?"
"Good. Experiencing parenting two babies at once wow..."
"Emma, remember Connor is our nephew. Whenever we have a second child, Hope and the little one would have an age gap."
Emma giggled. "You are right. It is nice having Connor over. You are amazing with him. He was having so much fun with you chasing him around.
"Aye, I did have fun. You were amazing with Connor. He loves his Auntie Emma."
"Of course he does, he trusts me since I met him when he was only an hour old."
"Aye, he knew that you were his real auntie."
"Yes, I know Hope was jealous because she was moving around in my tummy knowing Connor was held by me."
"Hope knew that you were her Mommy an amazing Mommy, which you are."
"Hope was jealous."
"Aye, I got Hope to calm down."
"Yes, she loves storytime with you." They hear Connor crying. "I will go get him before he wakes up Hope." Emma rushes to their guest room and gets her nephew. "Connor, it is okay, Auntie Emma is here...Auntie Emma is here..." She kisses Connor on the head and soothed him. "You miss your Momma?" He gripped his Auntie Emma. "I have an idea to cheer you up my favorite nephew." She gets her iPhone out and Facetime calls her sister.
At the hospital party, Allison and Ted return back to their dinner was at their table. "Thank you for loaning me your jacket."
"You are welcome. I do not like seeing you cold."
"You are very sweet." She hands him his jacket.
"Anything for you, my lovely wife." They kiss. As they were eating, Allison heard her name being called in a very familiar Australian accent.
"Allison?"
Allison holds Ted's hand and looks up and sees her ex-husband. "Robert..hi. What are you doing here?"
"I am here on a date. Your hair is brown again?"
"Yes, I am back to my natural hair color." Allison gets a facetime call from Emma. She talks to Ted. "Ted, Emma is calling me. I got to take this. Nice to see you Robert." Allison leaves the room and answers her facetime call. She answers and sees Emma and Connor.
"Connor, Momma is on my iPhone. You see Momma."
"Hi, Emma. Hi, my baby boy. Connor, momma is here."
"Allison, your son has been so clingy to me the whole night. This little guy misses his momma."
"Hi, Connor."
"Mama."
"Yes, Connor your Mama is on my iPhone."
"Connor, my little guy. Momma and Daddy will be back to Auntie Emma's house soon, sweetie. Momma misses you. How is he Emma?"
"We had storytime with Uncle Killian and Hope. Killian fed him his bottle. Then Killian chased Connor around the living room. They were having so much fun. Now, Connor wants his Momma."
"Emma he looks like he is having fun."
"Yes, he loves playing with Uncle Killian. Hope got jealous when I was holding him before."
"Oh really?"
"Yes, exactly like when she was in the womb." They both laughed. "How is your hospital party?"
"Uhm..."
"Allison is everything okay?"
"My ex-husband is here. He came up to my table....a few minutes before you facetimed me. Emma, you facetimed me at the right time."
"Yes, I did. Your baby boy misses his Momma."
"Emma, even though he misses me he looks like he is enjoying his time with his auntie."
"Yes, I love my sweet nephew so much." She kisses Connor on the head.
"Emma, if you ever need me to babysit Hope, you can bring her over anytime."
"I will take that on the offer. If you need a night out with Ted again, I am your babysitter." Connor fell asleep on his Auntie Emma.
"He is asleep. I think he needed to hear his Momma before falling asleep."
"Emma, I will be home soon."
"Are you okay about seeing your ex-husband?"
"I just did not expect to see him at my hospital party. You called me at the right time seeing my sister and son cheered me up."
"I am glad that we did. I have a feeling that we will gossip a lot tonight."
"Yes, we will. I got to get back."
"Go have fun with Ted." Emma sees a blond cute guy behind her sister. "There is someone behind you."
"Allison?"Allison turns around sees her ex-husband.
"Robert?"
"Sorry to interrupt."
Allison sighs. "Emma, I will be back at your house soon. Please give a kiss to Connor for me."
"I will, Connor will be very happy to see you when you get back to my house."
"I know my little niece is going to be happy to see me that she will have you all to herself."
Emma giggles. "Yes, she will but she loves her Auntie Allison." They ended their conversation.
"Allison, who was that?"
"My babysitter for my son. What do you want?"
" I want to see you."
"I am happy with my husband, son with my family."
"Why are you mad?"
"I do not want to talk to you."
Ted gives Allison his coat. "Allison, you want to go in?"
"Yes." He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and felt safe.
"Robert, please leave my wife alone. She moved on. We have a family now." Ted brings his wife inside. "Do you want to dance?"
"I would love to." They dance on the dance floor to the slow songs, Allison wore her husband's coat. "You okay?"
"With you yes, I am never better. Thank you for taking me away from him."
"You are welcome. I knew that you were mad and you did not want to talk to him."
"Yes, I was very mad." She dances with him, leaning on him. "Thank you for being you, who always there for me."
"I will always be there for you." They kiss. After a few more dances and dessert they decided to leave. Emma had Connor sleeping in her arms. She takes him to Killian and her room. "I got Connor to sleep, I facetimed Allison and he fell asleep by hearing his Mommy's voice." She joins Killian on their bed. They hear Hope crying.
"I will get Hope." Killian gets Hope from her crib. "Little love..." Hope makes poop. "Aye, you need a change little love. Daddy will clean you right up." Hope cried after she was clean. "Hope, do you want your Mommy? I will bring you to Mommy." He kisses Hope on the head. He brings Hope to their room. "Emma, someone wants her Mommy."
"Hope, Mommy is here." She moved Connor and makes room for her daughter. "You can put her on me."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes or else Connor wakes up. Then they both would be crying." Killian places Hope on his wife.
"Here you go little love, you are with Mommy." He kisses Hope on the head. Hope stopped crying and fell back to sleep instantly. "Love, you are right, she just wanted her Mommy."
"I have them both asleep on me. I love them both so much. My daughter and nephew." She kisses both of them on the head and smiles. Killian takes pictures of his wife with their daughter and nephew sleeping on her. "Love, you are the baby whisperer."
"I guess I am."
"You are love, they are both sleeping on you and they are very happy to be with you."
"I did not expect to ever have a family let alone having two babies that love me." Killian wrapped his arm around his loves. "They know that you are a kind caring person you are and they love you so so much."
" I think of Connor as our second child."
"Love, you met him before anyone else. He knew you and Allison were related before you both did."
Emma giggles. "I told Allison that we can be their babysitter for Connor."
"Aye, he is our nephew and he will always be welcome here."
"I know. When Allison facetime me she told Connor that she and Ted will be home soon...my sister called our home her home."
"Your sister and her family is our family. This can be their second home."
"I love our family and life together."
"Me too. Our family is small but full of love."
"Yes, love and family that care about you is all you need." Connor moved in his sleep.
"Be careful little lad, you are sleeping with your cousin." Emma smiles. They heard the door open and close. Killian goes down to greet his sister-in-law and brother in law. "Hi, Allison and Ted. How was your night out?"
"It was not that bad. It was nice to have alone time."
"How was Connor?"
"He had a lot of fun with me, I chased him around and we had story time. He misses his Mommy. He was holding onto Emma most of the time."
"How is he now?"
"He is asleep in our room. I think you will want your iPhones out to see him sleeping." They took their iPhones out and followed Killian upstairs to his and Emma's room. Killian opens the door, Allison and Ted sees Emma snuggling with both babies who were sound asleep. Allison was in aww. "Emma, you are the baby whisperer."
"Yes, I am." Allison and Ted took pictures of Emma with her son and niece. She joins them on the couch. "Sis, how was your night out?"
"It was nice."
"Emma, did Connor give you any trouble?"
"Not at all, Ted. He just missed Allison. He had fun in between being held by me, he knows that his auntie Emma will take care of him." Connor wakes up. " Connor, look who is home?"
"Connor."
Connor smiled big. "Mama?"
Allison picks up her some from her sister. "Yes. Mama is home. I missed you so much." She kisses Connor on the head. Connor hugged his Momma. "Momma is here. I heard you had so much fun with Auntie Emma and Uncle Killian tonight." Connor babbled. "Yes, Uncle Killian told me you had so much fun with them." Connor smiled.
"We love having Connor over. If you need us to babysit you can bring him over anytime."
"Allison, we had fun babysitting him."
Hope fussed in her Mommy's arms. Emma made Hope comfortable again. "Here you go, Hopey. You are with Mommy, sweetie." She kisses Hope on the head. "Killian,can you hand me her baby blanket." Killian wraps Hope in her baby blanket. "Here you go little love."
"Allison, do you want to talk now or tomorrow?"
"It is a sleepover. I have so much to tell my sister about what happened tonight."
"I cannot wait to hear."
"Love, we will be downstairs. Let us know if you need anything."
"We will. Thank you." They kiss.
"You and Connor can sit next to me." Allison moved sat next to his sister. "Connor, are you happy that Momma is home?" Connor babbled and moved around. "I told you, Connor, Momma was coming back." She rubs Connor's cheek.
"Emma, thank you for taking care of Connor tonight."
"It was no trouble at all. We love having him over. Hope got jealous of me holding Connor."
"Aww. Did she make her presence noticed?" Allison giggled.
"Yes, she cried. Killian got her to calm down, by reading her a story. I calmed Connor down from crying and he was fast asleep on me. So what happened after our facetime call?"
Allison looked down at her son who fell asleep on her. "Allison? If you need to talk; I am here." They hear the doorbell ring.
Killian answers the door, "Hello. Who are you?"
"My name is Dr.Robert Chase."
"Why are you at my house?" Ted gets to Killian's side.
"Robert, did you follow my wife, your ex-wife and I here?"
"Yes, I did. Can I please see Allison?"
"She made it clear to you that she does not want to see you."
Allison and Emma hear the commotion downstairs. They carried the babies down with them. "Killian, Ted, what is going on?"
"Love, someone named Robert is here."
"Shit. Killian, can you hold Connor for me?"
"Sure love." Killian gets Connor from his sister in law. Allison was mad.
"Killian, watch Hope. Allison needs me." Killian holds Hope and Connor.
"Robert, what the heck are you doing here? Are you following me now?"
"Allison, I still love you."
"I made it clear. I moved on. Now please, leave me alone." Emma stands next to his sister.
"Who are you?"
"I am Allison's ex-husband. Who are you?"
"I am Allison's sister. You are trespassing private property. You have to leave. Do not ever come here again."
Killian carries the babies. "My wife told you to leave. Now go, or else I have to call the police."
"Robert leave."
"Allison, I just want to talk."
"No. I do not want to talk to you. I made it clear to you during the lockdown when you signed the divorce papers that I did not love you. I have my family right here."
"I just want to talk."
"If you and I talk would you leave me and my family alone?"
"Yes."
"I am going to give you five minutes. Emma, can you watch Connor?"
"We will be right inside." Emma and Killian take the babies inside. Ted stayed nearby. Allison and Robert talk on the porch. "Why did you follow me?"
"I still love you Allison."
"House has changed you. Ever since the last case that changed you, you were never honest with me. Every time I see you remind me how I made a mistake on marrying you after I fell in love with you after I got high that one time. Marrying you was a mistake, every time I see you is the guilt of making a stupid mistake."
"Allison, I always think about you. I am House now. I run the diagnostic team. I still have the crazy cases."
"See, you are him. I cannot stand it."
Ted sees Allison with her ex-husband. "We saw each other at House's wake."
"Yes, I was there for House not for a reunion."
"I love my husband Ted. I have a family with him because he is my true love and I can always count on him. I am not going mess my marriage up with the one I love. Robert, leave. Or I will have my brother in law call the police. You followed me and my husband here. You are freaking trespassing."
Killian, Ted, and Emma were at the door listening. Ted opens the door, "Robert she said for you to leave."
"Aye, if you do not leave in five minutes I will call the cops."
"I am sorry that I am not the one who you could have a family with."
"You weren't honest with me. I have Ted and my family all I need." Allison hears Connor crying. Killian brings her Connor. "Connor, Mommy got you." She talks to her ex-husband. "Please go. My brother in law would call the cops."
"Aye, you are trespassing my property. I will call the police if you do not leave now."
"Bye, Allison." Ted and Emma holding Hope go on the porch and at Allison's side.
Ted holds his wife's hand."Allison, I am here."
"Your little sister is here. We are with you Allison." Allison cried hard into Ted and holding her son.
"Ted, he really followed us here."
"Yes, he did. If he follows us again, I am going to call the cops."
"Yes, a restraining order."
"Mama."
"Momma got you Connor. You are with me." She kisses her little boy on the head. "Let's go inside. It is cold out here." They all went back inside. Emma puts Hope to bed, her sleep apnea monitor on her. "Sleep dreams, Hope. Mommy loves you." She turns Hope's mobile on. She joins Allison in her room who was snuggling with Connor.
"Allison, do you want to talk about it?"
Allison was still in tears. "Not now."
"If you need to, I am here."
"I need my sister tonight." She leans her head onto Emma's shoulder.
She wrapped her arms around her sister."I am with you, Allison." Ted comes into the room. He hugs his wife.
"Allison, I am here. I brought up your overnight bag. I know that you are sleeping in here tonight with your sister."
"Thank you.." She leans on her husband. "I just did not expect to see him tonight. Emma, I am so sorry that my ex-husband to follow us here to your house."
"Allison, it is alright."
"Ted, thank you for being you."
"Your welcome. I love you, Allison."
"I love you too, Ted." Connor began to fuss. "Connor, I love you my baby boy." She kisses him on the head. "My two boys make me so happy."
"Your two boys love making you happy. I can take Connor."Allison kisses Connor on the head. "Connor, Daddy wants you sweetie." She hands him over to her husband.
"Connor will be with me and Killian." Allison smiled and leaned on her sister. Emma hugs Allison.
"Ted, she is with me. We need sister time."
Ted brings Connor downstairs. "Emma."
"Yes, Allison?" The sisters face each other.
"When we met you were honest to me about your past...I told you about my first husband. I was in love with him even when he was dying... I...I fell in love with somebody that needed love...I am not sure if that if it was from not being loved as much I felt growing up or a choice that I chose not being told by my parents...Then with Robert..please, please do not judge me.." Emma held her sister's hands and rubbed them. "I am not going to judge at all, Allison. You did not judge me for my past. I am not going to judge you about your past. Okay?"
Allison nodded. "I...when Robert and I had our first kiss, I was high. Do not judge me, please."
Emma hugs her sister. "Hey...hey. I am your sister. I trust you when I tell you anything. You can trust me. I am a good listener. I am also your younger sister. You can tell me anything. I am pretty sure that there is a sister pact when one sister tells another sister something or anything like a secret, the other sister has to keep it a secret. I am not ever going to judge you."
"I always felt like I was being judged by my parents. I was never open with them. Since I was never open with them, I always felt that I needed to be perfect." Emma hugs her sister. "You do not ever have to afraid to say what you feel around me. You are perfect for who you are, you are my kind, caring, and very smart sister. I love you for you not for being perfect. You help me so so much since we met. You are an amazing mom to Connor, the best doctor/ auntie/ labor coach ever for me and Hope. Most of all, you are my sister. I love you so much for who you are." Allison hugged her so tight.
"I love you so much, Emma. You have no idea how much you mean to me as my sister. I have never felt like I belonged in my family...I had a hard time trusting others. When I met you I instantly felt like we bonded. I am your big sister, I don't want to let you down like many of people of your life did to you. I do not want to be those people in that group of who you do not trust." You are perfect for who you are Allison. I am never ever going to judge you for your past. You are my sister. You are the second person in my life ever that won't ever let me down, Killian and you." Allison hugs her sister. "You can always be who you are around me. I am always going to be me around you, no judgments here, we are family. I learned from you, Hope and Killian what family really is trust and love. I trust you and you trust me. We are sisters forever."
"I trust you Emma. I know you my brave sister went through hell in the foster system, I just want to be the sister you can be with and come to for advice."
"I call you when I need you or come over. You always helped me and I am helping you like right now. I am not going to judge you. You never judged me about my past, I am not ever going to judge you."
"Sister pact?"
Emma smiled. "Sister pact." They hugged.
"Before I open up about my past, for our sleepover we need to get into pajamas first."
"Yes, you are right." They changed into their pajamas and got comfy in Killian and Emma's bed. "As you know, I met Robert when we worked on House's diagnostic medicine team. I did not like him at first. I was still in love with my dead husband...We had an HIV case. Our patient, he coughed up blood onto my face, into my eye and mouth."
"Oh my gosh."
"I was in shock and went to the AIDs/ HIV department to get tested, to get medicine and my options about my future mostly my career...I was mad at this patient. He told me to let loose and have fun. He had drugs on him. I was mad that be brought his stash into the hospital after Robert and I searched his hotel room." She sighs. Emma holds Allison's hands. "I took away his drugs but not all of it....I used some of them. I got high. That was my first and last time using drugs ever"
"Allison, you were stressed out because you might have a lifetime disease and affect your future and career."
Allison cried. "The part I am of ashamed about was when I was on his drugs when I was high..." Emma held her sister's hand tighter. "I was high at my apartment. I called Robert to come over, which he did. The next thing I know we had sex....after that I knew we should have not done it. I found out a month later of taking medicine that I did not have HIV. I was not sure I was in love with him or not...so we had make-out sessions at work friends with benefits. A few years later, we were dating. I had trouble with our relationship, he wanted me over at his place more since he felt that I did not want him at my apartment. I made space for him at my place. He planned a trip for us, I had to push back our trip because I was working on a case with House and his new team."
"Why weren't you on the team anymore?"
"I quit his team because I could not stand working with him. Every case was getting more intense crazy than the other. I was on this case because one of their co-workers on the diagnostic team committed suicide.." They hear one of the babies crying. Killian brings in Hope. "Swan, Hope wants her Mommy."
"Hope, come to Mommy sweetie." Killian hands over their daughter to his wife. "Hope, Mommy, and Auntie Allison are talking. You can join our girl talk." She kisses Hope on the head. Hope gripped her Mommy. "You can be with Mommy."
"She is clean love, she just wanted her Mommy." Hope babbled.
"Hope, little niece. Are you happy to be with your Mommy?" Hope smiled. "You can join our girl talk." She kisses her niece on the cheek.
"Love, I will sleep in our extra bedroom downstairs."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, love. You and your sister are having sister time."
"You are such a gentleman."
"Aye, I will do anything for my loves." They kiss. "Night, Emma. NIght little love." He kisses Hope on the head. "Night, Allison."
"Night, Killian." Killian leaves the room.
"Hope, you are joining Mommy and Auntie time, you have to keep whatever Auntie Allison tells us a secret okay?" Hope babbled which made her mommy and auntie Allison smile.
"Robert knew that I was avoiding the trip, he did not know why. I found the ring he was going to propose to me on this trip. He got mad and I told him about keeping my dead husband's sperm. We made up and we got married. We worked with House again together. One of our last cases together he purposely killed an evil dictator...he kept his secret for weeks." Allison started to tear up. "I knew something was going on, he did not tell me the truth. I made the decision for us to get a fresh start since Robert changed personality and could not pass that hospital room. Then I realized that he was turning into House. I left the hospital wanted a new change. I returned twice to New Jersey for Robert to sign the divorce papers. We were in a lockdown, we were in a room together to talk about what had happened. I eventually I admitted to him that I was not in love with him. I just knew we weren't meant to be. I think I fell in love with him when I was high. Now seeing him today...he is House now. he is the head of the diagnostic department. He is House...I know I made the right decision to leave him. Every time I see him. I see hurt. " Allison hugged her knees. Emma and Hope moved closer to her.
"Everyone makes mistakes. You are with Ted now and he loves you so so much. Your baby boy loves you so much. We love you, Allison, Hope and I. Right Hope you love your Auntie Allison." Hope babbled. Allison hugged her sister and niece. "I love my whole family." She lets Hope hold her finger. "I love you Hope." She kisses Hope on the head.
"You are with your family, Allison. We love you for who you are."
"I love you all. I am happy that I have you, Hope, Ted, Connor, and Killian in my life. I am so excited to celebrate Christmas with my sister."
Emma hugs her sister. "I know that this Christmas is going to be extra special this year being Hope's Mommy, having my big sister with me and having our family all together. I always dreamt of having a family for Christmas. Now this year...I have a family."
Allison hugs her sister. "You have us all this year and we all love you." They had a sister hug with Hope. Emma smiles at her sister. "I have you all. I love my whole family." Hope babbled.
"Yes, especially you Hope. You made me a Mommy." She kisses her daughter on the head.
"You have me this year."
"I did not ever to have a blood relative until I met you, my long lost sister."
"My whole life turned around when I had Connor and met you...a whole new family which is amazing."
"We are together now. I know our Christmas this year will be the beginning of many new family traditions together."
"I cannot wait for Christmas."
"Me too. Knowing this is going to be a very special Christmas with our family." Emma, Allison, and Hope fell asleep together. Emma is so grateful for her husband, daughter, sister, nephew, and brother in law, a family she never expects to have now that she has in her life. She is really excited to celebrate Christmas with her loved ones, this year and every year after.