Chapter-23

Chapter-23

-Boon and Saviour

Note: I know many of you think that the ending of the last chapter is a cliché or something that's taken out from a movie. I understand and thank you for sharing your opinion. But, the reason, I have put that scene is because Martin is in no place to accept the fact that he is good for her and that can only happen when he sees or experiences it. For him to understand that he is good for her, for that seed to be implanted in him, he has to experience it for himself. There is no better way for it than this. Sometimes we all need a little push to see the truth, to see that we are good and to follow our heart.

Diana Thomas's POV

Beep... Beep... Beep...

"I am still angry at you." Who is that? Mom? "You cannot waltz back into her life whenever you want." She is angry. "Do you know what she been through because of you?" Who is she talking to? "I thought of you as my son. I thought you would protect her! But you left!" Son? Protect me?

"Things are not the same without her. Nothing is." It's a familiar voice! Martin? "What can I do to make it right?"

"Be there. Stay... for her." Is that Micheal?

I feel someone holding my hand.

"Wake up, Baby." I feel my hand getting wet. Martin! It's Martin! He is here! Is he crying? "I will not leave you. Never again. I wouldn't. I was stupid. I was so stupid! You should have slapped me and tie me to you." I feel him kiss my hand. "I will do anything you tell me from now on. Just wake up and look at me, please..."

I am trying to Martin! I am trying to wake up! I am so angry at you!

"Shall I tell you a story?"

Yes, please.

"I went to this bar in LA once. I wanted to stop myself from running back here. So, I decided to drink myself till I pass out and I did." He laughs. Oh, how I want to see him. "I did drink an awful lot and I nearly kissed a guy in the bar thinking it was you. Now, don't laugh at me." Martin! "He has a long hair. Can you blame me?" I feel him run his fingers on my cheek still holding my hand. "I missed you."

I missed you too.

"Well, they threw me out of the bar that day." He laughs again.

Beep... Beep... Beep...

I feel hot. Not too hot, but the comforting kind. I feel like I am wrapped by something or someone. I feel a hand over my stomach and a body beside me. I feel my face pressed into someone's chest.

My eyes flicker open and the light is blinding. I close them and open them again. I see someone's legs beside mine. My eyes travel up to the person beside me. I have to look up to see who it is, since I am practically sleeping on him. My eyes widen at the person in front of me. I gasp.

He is here! Martin! He is here! I was not dreaming all of that then? He came back to me.

To not seem him leave, but find him here beside me like this... All of this feels so surreal. I reach my hand up to his face to touch him. I have to know if he is really here or it's just my imagination.