Chapter-21

Chapter- 21

-Leaving Home

Martin Vincento's POV

"Mommy, are we going to the park today?" The little boy playing in the back seat asks. His mother looks back at him with a smile. His mommy is the most beautiful woman in the world.

"We are sweetie. Are you excited?" She asks. His father is in the driving seat. He looks at the boy from the mirror.

"I am." The little boy giggles and looks out the window to see if they have reached yet.

"He is growing up so fast." The mother says to his father.

"He is." His father's hand is on his mother's. He doesn't understand why his father eats his mother's face sometimes. That's gross.

"Daddy." The little boy calls.

"Yes Buddy."

"Why do you eat Mommy's face?" Both his parent's burst out laughing. Did he say something funny? They share a look and his mother blushes.

"Because, I love your mother." He brings her hand to his lips to kiss. "She is the most beautiful woman." His father says.

"I love Mommy too."

"Aww... Mommy loves you too, Sweetie." His mother reaches out and tickles him. The little boy giggles. "You are Mommy's favourite boy."

"What about me?" The father asks.

"No, Daddy. I am Mommy's favourite!" The Little Boy claps in excitement. His Mommy loves him the more. His mother laughs. Did he make his mother laugh? He is proud that his mother loves him and he made his mother laugh. He giggles again letting out the sound his parents love to hear. He wants to play with his mother and father all day today.

Placing the white flowers on her grave, I stare at her headstone. Evangeline Vincento, Beloved wife and Loving mother. The words engraved on the stone stare back at me. It is always like a punch in the gut. It's something I can get used to. I don't remember how many times I wished she was alive, I still do, just like I wish my father was alive. But it's something beyond my control. Something I can't change.

I have come to terms with it a long time ago. The memory of the time my father informed of her death comes back to me. I just came from school, a very bad day already, he takes me to hospital without another word and she was in the hospital bed with tubes attached to her. Just like Diana was when she met with the accident. I was scared for the first time in my life, to see my mother like that.

"Mom." I rush to her to hold her hand. She is sleeping. I link my fingers with hers and she opens her eyes. A small smile graces her lips. My father comes to her side in seconds.

"Baby, I will call the doctor, stay awake." He presses a button beside the bed and pushes open the door quickly to call a doctor.

"I love you, My Sweet Boy." Her voice is barely a whisper.

"I love you, Mom." I want to hug her. But there are so many wires attached to her. She smiles back at me.

The doctors come rushing into the room. A nurse escorts me out and asks me to wait there. I see my mother holding my father's hand as they share a few words.

"Sir, please. You have to wait outside." The doctor tells my father. I watch them literally pushing him out to operate on mother. The door closes and we both wait outside. My father holds me trying not to break down. He loves mom very much. Tears slide down both of my cheeks. I don't like seeing mom like this. It was scary.